• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Finished my FF13 boxart. First boxart I've done, second if you count my first FF13 one that I scrapped before finishing. :D

Tried making a couple covers like what Android18a did with the FFXIII one. Based some of it of that and some of it off the Heavy Rain Limited Edition cover. I wanted to go for a more "artsy" look with one fluid picture and the only logos being the PS3 ones and the game ones. I pretty much just made these for fun, so I probably won't do this with all my games or anything.

Anyway, here they are:

The Uncharted: DF cover comes from some wallpaper I found in Google Images and the Uncharted 2 cover comes from concept art on the U2 website.

Paraclete

Banned
Shurs said:
Great job. I especially like that there's no ESRB box or bar code.
Exactly. In this day and age it should all be done by those little RFID's they have anyways in the box(magnetic/radio/whatever). If people can't figure out what a game is by the cover....they need WAY more than a UPC on the box.

Wow, wasn't expecting everybody to like them so much :lol Since I'm not planning on using this type of style with my games I guess I can just take requests and make some for people who want them.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Reminds me of that Criterion Collection (as mentioned) cover thread; I always wished that Uncharted logo had a different font though, it's so much like that n00b "Base 02" :/

Not to mention there's just so much clutter with the logos and useless crap. They should tell you what the came has inside the manual or something, not outside imo.

I think I may go and find some art of Uncharted and do something minimalist as well later on.

itxaka

Defeatist
Veritigo_X said:
Tried making a couple covers like what Android18a did with the FFXIII one. Based some of it of that and some of it off the Heavy Rain Limited Edition cover. I wanted to go for a more "artsy" look with one fluid picture and the only logos being the PS3 ones and the game ones. I pretty much just made these for fun, so I probably won't do this with all my games or anything.

Anyway, here they are:
[ig]http://i41.tinypic.com/25a0oe8.jpg[/img]

[MG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2vtqgqf.jpg[/IMG]

The Uncharted: DF cover comes from some wallpaper I found in Google Images and the Uncharted 2 cover comes from concept art on the U2 website.

Holy fuck...awesome covers man. I even think I'm gonna print them to use them.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
printed these out on some photo paper. They turned out really well, but my camera sucks.

vrr1cj.jpg

b70s1u.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Misterinenja said:
So you delete all the logos but leave that horrible "only on playstation" tag? : D

It would def look better without the tag for sure, more fluidity to all that clear space.

Is there a template for the 'clean' PS3 boxarts you're making? Also, if i wanted to scan the covers of my games in order to make the new boxart, what DPI should i use?

Veritigo_X said:

Anyway, here they are:
http://i41.tinypic.com/25a0oe8.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vtqgqf.jpg

Those clean covers look amazing... so awesome that I now want to change the covers of my games.

whould you mind to do a template?

Also, Im new in this cover printing thing... what software should I use to print them in exact size?

-PXG-

Great job. All of you. Don't let this thread die though. Even though all games use the new design, keep on coming up with alternate cover art designs.

For example. Super Street Fighter IV has HIDEOUS box art. Someone should make a new one :)

I made some changes to the covers I've posted already. I changed some of the colors in the top banner, made the BCUS/BLUS numbers match the games, and changed the font of the PSN features on the back banner.

Assassin's Creed (Inlay)
Call of Duty 4 (Inlay)
Demon's Souls
Final Fantasy XIII Alternate 1 2 (Inlay 1 2 3)
Folklore
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4 (Inlay)
Motorstorm
Resident Evil 5 (Inlay)
Resistance: FOM
Resistance 2
Rock Band
Uncharted
Uncharted 2 w/ JPN cover
Unreal Tournament III (Inlay)
Warhawk

FatBaby

Hey Veritigo_X, seeing as how you said you are taking requests, should I just PM you a list of what I would like to see? It would pretty much be the games in the my collection so far, but I'd wouldn't you want to think I'd expect you to do all of them. :lol

Do you have a certain limit on how many submissions you will take?

I've said it before, but I really do love all the work you have been doing, even taking the time to do the minor edits. :)

Kogepan

Awesome work!

Now to replace those crappy THE BEST YELLOW covers!

if I slap these on flash drive and bring it to the printer, are there any special instructions i need to leave?

Veritigo_X said:
I made some changes to the covers I've posted already. I changed some of the colors in the top banner, made the BCUS/BLUS numbers match the games, and changed the font of the PSN features on the back banner.

Assassin's Creed (Inlay)
Call of Duty 4 (Inlay)
Demon's Souls
Final Fantasy XIII Alternate 1 2 (Inlay 1 2 3)
Folklore
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4 (Inlay)
Motorstorm
Resident Evil 5 (Inlay)
Resistance: FOM
Resistance 2
Rock Band
Uncharted
Uncharted 2 w/ JPN cover
Unreal Tournament III (Inlay)
Warhawk
Looking good - I snagged a few of these. Heads up that your Resistance FoM cover is using temp box art with the old logo font. The correct final logo is on the spine though :)

FatBaby said:
Hey Veritigo_X, seeing as how you said you are taking requests, should I just PM you a list of what I would like to see? It would pretty much be the games in the my collection so far, but I'd wouldn't you want to think I'd expect you to do all of them. :lol

Do you have a certain limit on how many submissions you will take?

I've said it before, but I really do love all the work you have been doing, even taking the time to do the minor edits. :)
Just shoot me a PM of all the ones you need. Whether or not I can make the covers has to do with finding good enough scans online somewhere. With my collection it was easy since I could just scan in my own covers, but I'll see what I can do.

Team Klimt said:
Looking good - I snagged a few of these. Heads up that your Resistance FoM cover is using temp box art with the old logo font. The correct final logo is on the spine though :)
Thanks for the heads up, but I actually only worked on the back of that one. Someone posted that cover with the front done and I just finished it up. I'll probably just leave it as is since it isn't too noticeable and it'd be kinda a pain to go back and fix it since I don't have the PSD file of the front to work with. So I'd basically have to start from scratch.

Goron2000

best junior ever
My latest:

Also OP is there any chance you can make an A-Z of covers made? I was thinking about doing my own A-Z but it would be nice if everybody's efforts were put into a list in the first post.

edit: I have a list of every ps3 game available, i'm going to try to do as many covers as i can in alphabetical order.

#
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - http://j.imagehost.org/view/0635/50cent

A
Afro Samurai - http://j.imagehost.org/view/0827/AfroSamurai

D
Devil May Cry 4 - http://b.imagehost.org/view/0391/dmc4_copy

I
inFAMOUS - http://j.imagehost.org/view/0695/inFAMOUS

Nizz

Veritigo_X said:
Just shoot me a PM of all the ones you need. Whether or not I can make the covers has to do with finding good enough scans online somewhere. With my collection it was easy since I could just scan in my own covers, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the heads up, but I actually only worked on the back of that one. Someone posted that cover with the front done and I just finished it up. I'll probably just leave it as is since it isn't too noticeable and it'd be kinda a pain to go back and fix it since I don't have the PSD file of the front to work with. So I'd basically have to start from scratch.
Thanks for the covers! My brother printed out the cover for COD4 as a test to see if he could get it right. He used regular paper and the print out turned out great. He's going to try with photo paper soon. Will you post covers that you might do for others here? Don't know if other people may post requests for covers I might like to print. Nice work.

purple cobra said:
Thanks for the covers! My brother printed out the cover for COD4 as a test to see if he could get it right. He used regular paper and the print out turned out great. He's going to try with photo paper soon. Will you post covers that you might do for others here? Don't know if other people may post requests for covers I might like to print. Nice work.

I'm going to post every cover I make here, even the requested ones. The more people that use them the merrier :D

kuYuri

I mentioned this before, but does anyone have alternatives for Yakuza 3 one? Current US box art for Yakuza 3 is horrendous.

Nizz

Veritigo_X said:
I'm going to post every cover I make here, even the requested ones. The more people that use them the merrier :D
That's awesome to hear, man. :D I may pm you a couple of requests for some games I haven't seen covers for. I just want to make sure my brother will be able to print them out correctly. He printed out a test copy of the COD4 cover but after cutting off the white borders of the paper, it turned out to be a little smaller than a regular PS3 cover.

He said he was gonna give it a go again soon (he's doing it at work so it's when ever he gets a chance). I sent him the dimensions someone here posted earlier for the size the cover should be. I see a lot of great original covers here, but I'm old fashioned in that I'm just looking for the original artwork/covers only with the new PS3 logo.

kenta

Has no PEINS
The covers on this page make me seriously wish we had the option to buy games with covers like these. Have the boxes in a cardboard sleeve at retail so you can put all the logos and screenshots and paragraphs on there, but when we put the game on our shelf it should look like these look

Great job guys, wish I could print them out

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
kenta said:
The covers on this page make me seriously wish we had the option to buy games with covers like these. Have the boxes in a cardboard sleeve at retail so you can put all the logos and screenshots and paragraphs on there, but when we put the game on our shelf it should look like these look

Great job guys, wish I could print them out

My German copy of SingStar Chartbreaker has a reversible cover, no rating on the inside cover.

purple cobra said:
That's awesome to hear, man. :D I may pm you a couple of requests for some games I haven't seen covers for. I just want to make sure my brother will be able to print them out correctly. He printed out a test copy of the COD4 cover but after cutting off the white borders of the paper, it turned out to be a little smaller than a regular PS3 cover.

He said he was gonna give it a go again soon (he's doing it at work so it's when ever he gets a chance). I sent him the dimensions someone here posted earlier for the size the cover should be. I see a lot of great original covers here, but I'm old fashioned in that I'm just looking for the original artwork/covers only with the new PS3 logo.

Hmm...how did he print it out? The ones I've printed out are the exact same size as the original PS3 cover and fit perfectly.

I do like those Demon Soul covers. I'd love to see a whole collection full of them. The best ones are the more abstract GAF collection ones.

Nizz

Veritigo_X said:
Hmm...how did he print it out? The ones I've printed out are the exact same size as the original PS3 cover and fit perfectly.
I'm not too sure to tell the truth. But he just handed me another printout so I'll try this one. Today's printout seems about right. I'll trim the borders and try later tonight.

Nizz

Well, my brother did another test print and after I cut the borders off it was still a little bit smaller than an official PS3 cover. I think he printed off of these dimensions: 3233px x 1762px. Should he enter different dims? I'm going to ask him how he's printing these out exactly.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
should be 3225x1752 (10.75x5.84 inches). i had to mess around with my printer settings to get it to print actual pixel size though.

Nizz

alr1ghtstart said:
should be 3225x1752 (10.75x5.84 inches). i had to mess around with my printer settings to get it to print actual pixel size though.
Thanks man. Going to give my brother those dimensions to see if we can print them out closer to the original cover size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom