• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morts

SamuraiX- said:
Just had to share this:
UpR4Z.png

Probably one of, it not the most awesome front-to-back MGS4 cover I've ever seen.

Printable Version: http://vgboxart.com/boxes/PS3/42226_metal_gear_solid_4_guns_of_the_patriots-print.png

I would love to see a cover with this art done in the more minimalist style (no ESRB/publisher, no solid bar at the top).

Still also hoping for Enslaved, Bioshock 2, and Assassin's Creed 2.

Rengoku

Canova said:
any of these would be great

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
El Shaddai (in-game art asset is great, but the official art cover is terrible)
ICO HD Collection
Batman; Arkham Asylum

thanks

This one took awhile... Hope u like it.

Here's

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

I remember doing some of these a long time ago. My Ratchet A Crack in Time one turned out well I think, here it is for those interested. I think I might start doing some more now for some of the upcoming games this holiday.

Are there any specific places to find hi-res artwork? I'm looking through the video game artwork thread on here right now but any other places? Not really finding anything I like for Shadows of the Damned, Alice or Dark Souls :\ And the art I like is too small lol :p

Canova said:
I prefer without the black bar on top

You know, I gotta say, after actually printing some of those and using them... something about them isn't working for me. They LOOK nice, but as actual paper sleeves, I think I prefer the black bars for the covers.

They look amazing when you're looking at them on a computer screen but I think there does need to be some kind of border.

Is there a list, a backlog, or something of the covers available ?

Random covers I need :

Yakuza 3
Afro Samourai
Genji
TDU2
Dynasty Warriors Gundam
LA Noire

Majine said:
I love that you actually goy my U3 cover before the game is out. Let's call it a timed exclusive.

heh I wanted to do it to mess with some of my friends who don't know when the release date is. plus it's a nice cover.

Birbo

So what does everyone do with their stock covers? Keep them behind the custom ones? Store them somewhere else? Don't want the originals getting jacked up, but don't like seeing them behind the custom ones either.

Printed off a few of these yesterday, but didn't get the size quite right so I'll be redoing them. My wife just rolled her eyes at me when I showed them to her.

Would love to see some more of these for the 360 as well.

Nizz

Veritigo_X said:
Alright, Call of Duty 4 is done. I ended up having to crop off some of the back, but I still think it looks okay.

Click for full size.
Can anyone do something with this one? I'd love to print it but the link's dead. I printed this pic here but the dims are off and it came out blurry as hell.

Duffyside

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Hm I don't know, is this too... plain? I wanted to ask before I did anymore work on it.
I think it's a cool cover, but it doesn't capture the essence of the game. Lords of Shadow is way more colorful than that, and as a man who loves color, I think it should be rewarded with a colorful cover since it's one of the few games that isn't brown/grey shit.

SamuraiX-

Actually, I have another personal request. I haven't found any Dead Space 1 covers that I've liked.

Does anybody want to take a crack at it? :D

duffyside said:
I think it's a cool cover, but it doesn't capture the essence of the game. Lords of Shadow is way more colorful than that, and as a man who loves color, I think it should be rewarded with a colorful cover since it's one of the few games that isn't brown/grey shit.

Some of it was colorful but not all of it. But hmmm I take your opinion into consideration regardless.

Okay so I tried my hand at doing a Xbox 360 minimal cover template. The Xbox logo itself seemed a little difficult to see when adding artwork to it though so I added a tiny bit of layer style to help it stand out a bit more but not too much. I think it turned out okay. Here's the template:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tec6g1pwfr0rlra

a34de337080ed5d44067fb5bdc0a9cce1e158e69c2c6222d85a2d5d578d8b0282g.jpg

And I tried out a Dead Space 2 cover to see how it'll look with actual game art in there. What do you guys think?

Canova

Banned
Oh hey Rengoku or someone, could you please make one or two or three for Dark Souls. That game art style is begging for some custom covers. Please :)

Canova

Banned
brandonh83 said:
You know, I gotta say, after actually printing some of those and using them... something about them isn't working for me. They LOOK nice, but as actual paper sleeves, I think I prefer the black bars for the covers.

They look amazing when you're looking at them on a computer screen but I think there does need to be some kind of border.

Really?

Nah I think Id still prefer without black bar, it has that retro look to it

Canova

Banned
Rengoku said:
Alice Madness Returns

YES! YES! thank you, thank you.

now, one last request Rengoku (for now), Dark Souls, please

this weekend I will print some of these and take some clear pictures

CatPee

Oh god yes. If anyone could just simply get the JP front cover or the superior Edge cover on it, you'd have my eternal thanks.

LogicStep

That is beautiful Rengoku! Where did you find that image? I'm trying to look up some high res images of some games but it's super hard to find anything decent.

Rengoku

zazrx said:
That is beautiful Rengoku! Where did you find that image? I'm trying to look up some high res images of some games but it's super hard to find anything decent.

Well, other than the High Res art thread on gaf, its really a matter of searching on google for wallpaper sites, and art sites. Sometimes it helps if you know the artist names who worked on the game, and you can usually find their stuff on their personal site/blog. Also, try deviantart, tineye, flickr and google image search.

zazrx said:
YES! YES! thank you, thank you.

now, one last request Rengoku (for now), Dark Souls, please

this weekend I will print some of these and take some clear pictures

I'll see what I can do... Not sure I found many high quality art for Dark souls the last time I checked. If nothing good comes up, we might have to wait abit till more promo stuff comes out.

Mirror's Edge

RussellXV

These cover arts are fantastic. Where can I get paper like or similar to the actual cover arts that ship with games? Also, where should I print them to get the quality of the actual cover arts?

Duffyside

Banned
Rengoku said:
Mirror's Edge

I SAID "HOLY CRAP."

I'd like to complain that it doesn't have enough color (which is the only artistic critique I am capable of making), but dude, wow. I'm not joking. I said "holy crap" out loud, to no one.

Canova

Banned
15RC said:
These cover arts are fantastic. Where can I get paper like or similar to the actual cover arts that ship with games? Also, where should I print them to get the quality of the actual cover arts?

Just bring ps3 cover sample to kinkos or office depot

Rengoku

duffyside said:
I SAID "HOLY CRAP."

I'd like to complain that it doesn't have enough color (which is the only artistic critique I am capable of making), but dude, wow. I'm not joking. I said "holy crap" out loud, to no one.

:) I know theres already a mirror's edge cover or two in this thread, but I couldn't resist making another one when I found that pic.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Damn, some of these are so nice, I'm actually tempted to get these printed out. But none of these Mediafire links work for me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom