• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've asked this before, but I don't remember getting a response -- how do you guys do the awesome "on case" previews? Is it a script for Photoshop or Gimp? Do you guys do it manually?

Thanks, I totally missed that... wonder if I can convert it to Gimp easily.
I'd really like to look snazzy when I try to make these... I could use all the help I can get. ;)

RedSwirl

The logo alone is giving me hell with RE5. Probably gonna have to put it on hold.

Perhaps if someone else thinks they're more up to the task in the ways of photoshop I could send them the PSDs and assets of what I have so far.

Borman

Silent Hill 2 covers for PS3:
silenthill2borman1.png

silenthill2borman2.png

Link :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=91L5CM09

Edit: I may have a PSD of the RE5 logo if needed, downloading now to see if its good. Nevermind, no layers :(

Ok I'm in desperate need of... how do I explain this... non-intrusive MGS artwork, preferably Shinkawa. It's going to be against a white background, so would like it to be as minimalistic as possible. You'd think it would be easy to find this shit online...

Here's what I have so far, but I would like some Shinkawa art on there somehow, I just can't find anything that works but if one of you would like to take a stab at it be my guest. I'm certainly no guru at this so any help or advice is welcome.

Link to bigger res

And a Castlevania one I finished, sorry if you prefer it without the black labels at the top but I kind of liked it better with them.

And an inlay... I haven't printed it yet to see if it works but I attempted to make it to where the clock would go where the game disc goes.

RedSwirl

brandonh83 said:
Here's what I have so far, but I would like some Shinkawa art on there somehow, I just can't find anything that works but if one of you would like to take a stab at it be my guest. I'm certainly no guru at this so any help or advice is welcome.

Link to bigger res

I can get you some nice Shinkawa art (might have to wait until tomorrow). Also I would suggest making the PS3 logos black to contrast with the background.

If you send me the PSD though I could just mess around with it.

RedSwirl said:
I can get you some nice Shinkawa art (might have to wait until tomorrow). Also I would suggest making the PS3 logos black to contrast with the background.

What about the Playstation Network text, that too? The template I was working with had the text and the blue PSN symbol together so I couldn't invert it to make the text black as it also inverted the symbol-- I know my way around Photoshop but I wasn't quite sure how to JUST invert the text.

RedSwirl

brandonh83 said:
What about the Playstation Network text, that too? The template I was working with had the text and the blue PSN symbol together so I couldn't invert it to make the text black as it also inverted the symbol-- I know my way around Photoshop but I wasn't quite sure how to JUST invert the text.

If you send me the PSD though I could just mess around with it.

For inverting the text I just magic wand each individual letter (carefully) and invert. I haven't had to invert the PSN text yet. For the PSN symbol you could try selecting it by itself, cranking the contrast down to zero (or very low), and filling it with one color.

RussellXV

Went to FedEx earlier today. The quality of the prints are amazing. I took in a cover art from a Best Buy pre order case, which is the same type of paper as the actual PS3 cover art. I can't tell the difference between the BB paper and the FedEx paper. It seems to be the same. The print is very close, most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference when it's behind plastic. I was also able to trim the paper there, but I did a horrible job with it.

Rengoku

Ok,

Here are the 3D templates (with scripts) for Nintendo DS and PSP, enjoy!

PSP 3D Template (Instructions included)

Nintendo DS 3D Template (Instructions included)

Please note that the Nintendo DS template & script is made to work with the US template (3260 x 1370) only which is slightly different to the EUR template (3292 x 1368).

Again, this will work with Photoshop CS4 and CS5, earlier versions have not been tested.

DrAg0nBoY

Veritigo_X said:
Just finished actually.

I couldn't find a good scan of the back of the cover though, so I had to do it on my cheap scanner. Unfortunately it turned out sorta yellowish. The grey front and yellowish back looks weird when the cover is laid out like this, but it looks good once it's actually in the game case.

Click for full size

Any chance of somebody re-uploading this cover? That would be awesome.

These are all awesome, and I'd love to get some printed myself (maybe even join in creating some if I manage to find decent assets).

I've got tons of games that I'd love to print new covers for. Can anyone recommend somewhere online that I could get it done (UK here). The nearest place to me that provides print services refuse to touch anything licensed... cos they're dicks.

Was wondering if there's somewhere I could just upload to and have them post me the prints.

Cheers.

Ok, one more time, now with preview! Went back to the original quickly, cause I wanted to know what the image logo would look like on the spine:

mk9_spinelogo_preview0opg.png

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?3dy4mg7bmbyzsb7

I have another MK9 one in the works with Kratos and Sub-Zero, but I need to figure out what to do for the spine/title, since everything isn't lining up correctly (the logo/title ends up on Sub-Zero's chest and it looks pretty odd no matter how much I move the background image left or right... when I figure it out though...)

RedSwirl

corrosivefrost said:
Ok, one more time, now with preview! Went back to the original quickly, cause I wanted to know what the image logo would look like on the spine:

http://h4.abload.de/img/mk9_spinelogo_preview0opg.png

I have another MK9 one in the works with Kratos and Sub-Zero, but I need to figure out what to do for the spine/title, since everything isn't lining up correctly (the logo/title ends up on Sub-Zero's chest and it looks pretty odd no matter how much I move the background image left or right... when I figure it out though...)

This is just me, but I would at least like to have the title of the game somewhere on the front cover.

RedSwirl said:
This is just me, but I would at least like to have the title of the game somewhere on the front cover.

I can add that.

Do y'all think it would look better as the same spine text or the spine text+dragon?

RedSwirl

This will probably be my last batch for the week. I gotta finish up Catherine and get started on Deus Ex. I have some relatively minor ones planned but they'll have to wait until the weekend.

I won't be able to do an equivalent box art for Mass Effect 3 until I can find a big enough logo. The only reason I was even able to do these was because of a gigantic (like 6000 pixels across) logo I found for ME2 in which the "2" symbol alone was big enough to fill the front of the box. I haven't found such a logo for ME3 and I can't just change an ME2 logo since ME3 made its own subtle changes to the logo. Plus I don't think BioWare has released a big enough render of the official Femshep art.

Also, yes, I notice the small part of the Spectre symbol on the ME1 art that's clipped off. That came from where I got the symbol. After a very difficult search that was the only usable copy of the symbol I could find.

I could theoretically do the exact same thing for Soul Calibur V, but I can't find big enough pictures of the new sword designs for that game.

Made some alterations to brandon83's design. You'll notice some slight differences in the 360 banner but I still think it turned out alright.

Yeah I know it's kinda blasphemous to do a Final Fantasy box art without the full title art, but honestly I couldn't find anywhere on the front where it looked good for XIII-2. I honestly think this looks better than the alternatives. I also know there are some parts of the title cut out from where I cut the title from the art, but I honestly think it looks kinda cool.

kyubajin

Question: Can anyone point me to where I can get the original PS3 covers but with the slim style? I don't want total conversions, I just want the slim style of labeling for the old original box art.

Vormund

corrosivefrost said:

mk9_spinelogo_preview0opg.png

Nice. Have you done a 360 version as well by any chance?

Vormund said:
Nice. Have you done a 360 version as well by any chance?

I can do that up soon -- you have a preference on adding the logo to the front? I was toying around with the dragon + text logo vs the text logo on the bottom left in the blackness. Your call though, if you're requesting it for 360. ;)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Sick shit man.

Ren or whoever has them

Can you re-post the links for the PS3/XBOX 360 templates for showcasing created work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom