• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone be willing to make a Silent Hill collection cover for PC? (basically no logos indicating the platform)

I had this crazy idea of doing my own collection - cramming SH1 PSN, my SH: Origins ISO, and PC versions of 2-4 onto one dvd if possible.

Beats

Canova said:
can you make the armored guy bigger, he seems too small in proportion to the cover area

Is this better?

dsbruid.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?49y8se1737a3exv

Rengoku

For whoever's working on the new thread, here's something I came up with for the banner (if there isn't one already)

customcoverthreadup0w.png

let me know what you think.

Duffyside

Banned
Rengoku said:
For whoever's working on the new thread, here's something I came up with for the banner (if there isn't one already)

customcoverthreadup0w.png

let me know what you think.
Did someone volunteer for this? Was thinking about tackling it over the next couple of days, but if someone else is on it; by all means. I've never done a thread like that before, so it's probably for the best.

Only thing that jumps out at me is the use of the Killzone boxart. Tha one is a bit bland, and if you're going for a best of the best, and representing each platform, I think a better PS3 game oculd be chosen. Perhaps one of the Uncharted ones? Otherwise; really awesome.

Rengoku

duffyside said:
Did someone volunteer for this? Was thinking about tackling it over the next couple of days, but if someone else is on it; by all means. I've never done a thread like that before, so it's probably for the best.

Only thing that jumps out at me is the use of the Killzone boxart. Tha one is a bit bland, and if you're going for a best of the best, and representing each platform, I think a better PS3 game oculd be chosen. Perhaps one of the Uncharted ones? Otherwise; really awesome.

Not sure exactly, I think demosthenes? Don't think anyone was officially named to do it.

How's this?

customcoverthread2mctp.png

Rengoku

Patapwn said:
The ps3 little box is jarring as fuck in that lineup

I was debating how to go about ordering it. If I should keep the consoles & portables together (as it is now), or just mixing it up so its ordered from big to small.

Rengoku

The Praiseworthy said:
So beautiful that makes me wanna cry so hard..... best cover I've seen in this thread <3

:) I think that could work quite well as a slipcase too. That was the original idea, that it would be a sort of cardboard cut-out slipcase.

Persona7 said:
I think one of those MGS4 covers would be better than the uncharted one.

Here's one with a MGS4 Cover in it:

customcoverthread3zusl.png

duffyside said:

I *THINK* i saw someone say they were going to work on it on the last page.

Also, Rengoku that looks freaking great!

aett

I love these redesigns. I just wish more of them were for games I actually own (or plan to own)! Although, I guess I'll be picking up the ICO/SotC collection eventually.

It's a long shot, but is anyone going to make one of these for Disgaea 4?

Also, I'm really surprised that there's only one Batman: AA redesign in this thread, considering that the original cover (especially the GOTY edition) is really lame and cluttered with tons of text.

Canova

Banned
Why can't we just continue with this thread? why is everything has to be official this, official that?

just keep making covers and stick'em here

Canova said:
Wowesome!!! Thanks

I printed the wolverine cover, the one with the shadow font, but the size came out wrong, weird. I'm gonna try the one without shadow

Sorry about the one coming out the wrong size... let me go check the PNG and see if it's the 3225x1752 it's supposed to be.

You know what the problem was -- I didn't cut the white/transparent space off... I think if you look at the image size, it will be: 3300x2550. There was another one I did this on too by accident, maybe one of the GTA4 covers. Before you print the non drop-shadow one, check the image size to make sure it's 3225x1752 and not larger.

Ok, I went back and fixed the problems with the GTA4 covers and the one Wolverine cover.

mpau25

I am loving these "criterion-esque" minimalist covers. Great work by everyone! I just printed off about 20+ of these custom covers at Kinko's last night and they look awesome on the shelf.

I read a few posts back that some people had trouble printing at Kinko's, but if you use the computers yourself at the self-service station and bring some paper or buy your gloss paper from them, they'll give you no hassle. Just be sure to widen the margins, I wasted a few prints with a margin that shrunk down the images slightly.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to all the contributors. The red spine spiderman font games are dwindling slowly on my shelf now! Went from like 35+ to around 15 now!

Now if only someone would make a new Street Fighter 4 cover! Love the Marvel vs Capcom one a few posts back!

I'm just wondering how people go about printing these, as I'd imagine it would be expensive as hell and look like crap to print them on your average inkjet printer. Is it suitable to print them at a place like Staples, and much to they tend to charge?

TouchMyBox said:
I'm just wondering how people go about printing these, as I'd imagine it would be expensive as hell and look like crap to print them on your average inkjet printer. Is it suitable to print them at a place like Staples, and much to they tend to charge?

Office Max is about $.73 a page.

Canova, I think I fixed that Wolverine with drop shadow logos cover -- if you want to try again on it, just make sure the file size matches other covers before you print again.

Right click the png > properties.

In windows 7, there's a "details" tab.
On this, you can see the image size -- it should be 3225x1752.

I went back and fixed the two GTA4 covers and the Wolverine drop shadow cover.

nywt

Neo Member
Borman said:
A couple of Prince of Persia 08 covers, a few people were looking for something so.

Would you be able to make a 360 version of the first one? It would be greatly appreciated!

Canova

Banned
corrosivefrost said:
Canova, I think I fixed that Wolverine with drop shadow logos cover -- if you want to try again on it, just make sure the file size matches other covers before you print again.

Right click the png > properties.

In windows 7, there's a "details" tab.
On this, you can see the image size -- it should be 3225x1752.

I went back and fixed the two GTA4 covers and the Wolverine drop shadow cover.

ok I'll give it a try, thanks

TouchMyBox said:

so far I printed over 40 covers for around 30 bucks

nywt said:
Would you be able to make a 360 version of the first one? It would be greatly appreciated!

no port-begging allowed
;P

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lion Heart said:
Can we keep this thread going for PS3 covers only? I like not having to weed through multiple platforms.

I can appreciate how, if you're a PS3-only user, this may inconvenience you. But for the more general audience, the new thread is more appropriate. We try to avoid having system specific threads for anything that doesn't need to be explicitly system specific (like the PSN updates thread, for example). In this case most of the art being posted is not system specific--there might be platform exclusive games, but if someone posts an Enslaved cover, they intend for it to work with both PS3 and 360 even if they only do the 360 version or only do the PS3 version, right?

Also besides the multi-platform thing, this thread still needs some pruning because 1) The original objective was mainly for fixing old PS3 boxes to look like new ones while the current objective is custom cover art, and 2) Half the images on the first few pages don't work so it kinda needs a spruce-up.

Thanks for understanding.

demosthenes said:

New thread posted, this thread locked.

All: Feel free to repost covers from here in the new thread. If you're posting several, please use modestly sized thumbnails or link rather than posting full-sized images. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom