• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4’s 4.00 update is coming soon. Adds folders, Trophy enhancements, UI refresh and m

Rellik

Can you say how folders work in a library (I guess "purchased" now)? Can I create a folder called Betas/Demos and put them all in there to keep them out of sight?

You would have to have those betas and demos installed on your PS4 to put them in a folder. If they're not installed, they won't be on your main screen. They're tucked away under the Purchased tab in Library.

If you go into the Purchased tab, there's no option to put any of them in a folder. Only to download and install them.

Library is

Search

All
Folders
Games (Only shows your currently installed games)
Applications (Only shows your currently installed apps)
Purchased (Everything you've ever purchased on the PS4 including betas, demos and apps)

TV & Video

UK GAF - got my code about 30 minutes ago.

1st thing was to sort my games into

Retail Discs
PS+
PS Store Buys

As my digital catalogue gets bigger I may spilt into Genres.

You would have to have those betas and demos installed on your PS4 to put them in a folder. If they're not installed, they won't be on your main screen. They're tucked away under the Purchased tab in Library.

If you go into the Purchased tab, there's no option to put any of them in a folder. Only to download and install them.

Library is

Ah too bad.

Will keep badgering them to give me an option to hide stuff then

shield

I loooove this update, and I'm so glad they tucked away those irritating, auto-playing livestreams and screenshots that appeared under games. No more spoilers!

Tratorn

Bah, the one time I actually really want to participate in a beta, I don't get an invite. Normally I have luck with things like that.
Well, hopefully the official release won't take too long.

It's just more important to me than it is to you, that's all. The battery life of the DS4 is always on my mind because of how poor it is, and since I use my PS4 for media a ton, having a less cumbersome way to turn off the controller means a lot to me. And having this new customizable menu would have been perfect for it.

I'm in the same boat. I spend as much time watching movies / netflix on my ps4 as I do playing games. A quicker way to turn off the controller would be appreciated for the reasons you have outlined.

shield

Are they in the video and screenshots tab?

Under each game there are few tabs with Overview, Trending, Friends/Communites, Activities and Playstation Store. Trending is the one with livestreams, videos and screenshots - and you can just scroll down past the Trending tab without opening it now :)

They're gone? Fuck yes. Laggy, autoplaying, spoiler-filled shit needed to go.

They're still there, but they're very easy to avoid and they don't autoplay anymore. Much better!

On Demand

Banned
Under each game there are few tabs with Overview, Trending, Friends/Communites, Activies and Playstation Store. Trending is the one with livestreams, videos and screenshots - and you can just scroll down past the Trending tab without opening it now :)

They're still there, but they're very easy to avoid and they don't autoplay anymore. Much better!

That's perfect.

TimFL

Are there any images of the redesigned notifications? I saw one on the german article but it was just the plain controller/name popup. What do trophies etc look like?

Shin-Ra

They need to make all the default icon backgrounds neutral colour glassy so they just take on the colour of the theme/BG you choose.

It's just more important to me than it is to you, that's all. The battery life of the DS4 is always on my mind because of how poor it is, and since I use my PS4 for media a ton, having a less cumbersome way to turn off the controller means a lot to me. And having this new customizable menu would have been perfect for it.

I mean, I get this but the battery life and turning off the controller has nothing to do with each other. The battery life isn't draining to 25% from full charge from one menu to the next when turning off the controller.. It's really not that deep. I use my PS4 for media as well and while I agree it should be front page, it's just not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of everything. I just thought your original post bringing up seconds as the difference maker was so.. Weird. It's fractions of a second when certain things are usually minutes. I just found that to be exaggerated... But this is just my opinion on the matter and you are 100% right that this is more important to you.

kaskade

Nothing for me yet. It seems like their turnaround from the betas to release isn't too long though. I'm guessing they just want to make sure there's not huge bugs.

Gator86

They need to make all the default icon backgrounds neutral colour glassy so they just take on the colour of the theme/BG you choose.

This is Sony's firmware team. It took then 3 years to give us folders, period. Is this something you think they're capable of?

andycapps

That's the second time today I've heard this complaint on GAF and I couldn't disagree more.
The ps4 UI is the snappiest one I've used on a console since the 360. It's faster than the Xbox One UI based on the opportunity I had testing my nephews brand new purchase.
Maybe they're talking about while in-game. Because that can bog down sometimes. I'm hoping they stealthily fixed that and the party chat stutter when someone is loading a game or whatnot that currently makes it cut out.

KAOS

Boo at the no usb hardrive support for this update! With the supposedly neo on the horizon you would think that Sony would want to make the change from vanilla ps4 to neo as easy as possible!

Danlord

Boo at the no usb hardrive support for this update! With the supposedly neo on the horizon you would think that Sony would want to make the change from vanilla ps4 to neo as easy as possible!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the PS4 now supports PS4 -> PS4 transfer so I think that's a more ideal implementation versus USB.

Though I do want External HDD support for game installs. Wii U and Xbox One users enjoying that luxury for a while now.

You can already transfer your save, settings and preferences via USB.

USB backup of games is a pipe dream after what happened on PS3. I don't know why people expect anything different.

I got the EU mail beta code.

SI972B9.png

Is there any update for the RP app client? I'm gonna miss RP so much...

PS4 already supports external HDDs for backup and restore.

STEaMkb

The blog says there are some features not included in the Beta trial. Similar to how PS4/PC streaming was omitted from the prior test. I wonder what they are.

Top Bottom