• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4’s 4.00 update is coming soon. Adds folders, Trophy enhancements, UI refresh and m

Scrawnton

That quick menu takes up so much of the screen that it's useless to use it "doesn't take you away from your game" as a reason for it existing...

kiguel182

It has taken them 3 years but the library app might finally be acceptable. Finally.

The rest is okay but not stuff that was bothering me that much. I still want a time played counter.

Kinyou

Folders and Library Organization

AVeSA3J.gif

thuway

PSN name changes, External HD support, PS1 one classics, better media file support - and I think we have a perfect firmware.

blazeuk

Only cared about external harddrive support, doesn't look like we'll get that though. Folder support is nice, i'm sure it would have been extra useful with more space from an external harddrive...

gunstarhero

So glad about folders - so many of my games get forgotten about when they enter the library abyss.

Would still love a Pins feature - that was one of my favorites features on X360.

20160815-ps4-06.jpg

20160815-ps4-07.jpg

The quick menu still takes up like half the screen lol. I was expecting like it'd pop up the at the bottom portion of the screen or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess Who

Banned
New slide-over quick menu looks like an improvement. Aesthetically, it looks like they've "flattened" the UI all around the system.

Rektash

Will I finally be able to dump all these silly PS4 apps that I never use into a trash folder?

Best update confirmed!

madmackem

Only cared about external harddrive support, doesn't look like we'll get that though. Folder support is nice, i'm sure it would have been extra useful with more space from an external harddrive...
When you pop in a 2tb hdd it gets a tad messy, I've forgot I've owned games sometimes.

Top Bottom