• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 $349 At Sam's Club

Eurocult

149.99 + 2 free games + 8 digital exclusives + 1 free Xbox One + 2 years of PS+ and 1 year of PS- and Sony may have themselves a customer.

I'm trying to quickly do the math in my head, but I'm pretty sure two years of PS+ and one year of PS- equals just one year of PS+ still a good deal, but I figured I'd point it out.

Badosh

I'm trying to quickly do the math in my head, but I'm pretty sure two years of PS+ and one year of PS- equals just one year of PS+ still a good deal, but I figured I'd point it out.

Yeah, but you don't want to tell the customers that.

Well they don't entirely cancel each other out; opposites attract and all. The Value proposition of a year of PS+ and PS- is marginal but I could see the argument.

Nah, but they do have lower margins that are made up through larger orders and going after a higher income bracket. Megan McArdle did a good writeup on how Wal-Mart and Costco have radically different business models despite their ostensible similarities a few years ago.
Thanks. I'll check that out.

BigMoose

Neo Member
Yeah I saw those today while I was in Sams Club along with Xbox One w/ kinect for $429. Solid deals on both.

Raist

Banned
ibi2WC44A5iXu8.gif

What the fuck.

smurfx

get some go again
Unofficial price drops like this are common before official ones. I imagine Sony has to react to MS's Kinectless bundle fast if they don't want to give up another console generation.
what makes you think microsoft wouldn't match sony's price cut? it's not like the xb1 is expensive to make without the kinect.

TheRefresher

Neo Member
This is somewhat off topic, but the videogame section at my local Sam's Club (#8141) is pretty weird. They've never carried any PS4 systems, games, or accessories. They had stacks of XB1 consoles last year, and continue to carry both it as well as PS3 and 360 games and accessories. About half of the section is devoted to Disney Infinity and Skylanders. On the plus side, the $20 PSN cards sell for $18.42.

Top Bottom