• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Controller questions - differences in production? how to differentiate V1 vs V2 (also Packaging?)

NeoCane

hey guys, i didnt know ps4 controllers get oop or are oop already? i need 1 new ps4 controller and i bought one on a 2nd hand market advertised as NEW, so i checked before getting it and so far is this correct to identify V2?

- is produced 2016 and later
- packaging is different, not fully blue but bottom is blue and top is white

afaik this is correct isnt it?
are there any colours for the pads which were ONLY V2? so this way you also know these can only be V2.

also what im wondering is, my TITANIUM Blue controller i recently got was in a sealed box and i compared it with my glacier white and jet black controllers and the d-pad somehow feels softer at pressing which i kinda dont like, can i t be that it is a different version, or different produced? im wondering and hope this is no different version or maybe fake or whatever?

thx guys

Kuranghi

The V1 has black dpad and analogue sticks and the V2 has grey ones. You can check via the model number on the back of the package and controller itself as well.

kyliethicc

hey guys, i didnt know ps4 controllers get oop or are oop already? i need 1 new ps4 controller and i bought one on a 2nd hand market advertised as NEW, so i checked before getting it and so far is this correct to identify V2?

- is produced 2016 and later
- packaging is different, not fully blue but bottom is blue and top is white

afaik this is correct isnt it?
are there any colours for the pads which were ONLY V2? so this way you also know these can only be V2.

also what im wondering is, my TITANIUM Blue controller i recently got was in a sealed box and i compared it with my glacier white and jet black controllers and the d-pad somehow feels softer at pressing which i kinda dont like, can i t be that it is a different version, or different produced? im wondering and hope this is no different version or maybe fake or whatever?

thx guys
ygr4viT.jpg

Banjo64

cumsessed
Would not be buying a DS4 from the used market, only an authorised seller. Literally fakes galore.

NeoCane

thx guys, yeah my TITANIUM blue has definitely the lightbar on top so it should be V2, i wonder why the dpad feels different though

skit_data

Easiest way to differentiate them when turned off is that the V1s buttons are the same color as the controller itself, whereas V2 has a lighter and more grayish tone on the buttons and analog sticks

Edit: and of course, the lightbar on the touchpad

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
My Black Gen 2 that came with the PS4 Pro gets awful input lag when you put the backbutton attachment on, it's ridiculous. It's extreme input lag to the point where it's fucking useless.

NeoCane

ok i think i found it! it is fake im 100% sure, the package ist slightly BLURRIER than original! wow what a good looking fake, i will write this guy asap and demand my money back, this is fraud and i could also forward it to sony.

Top Bottom