• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

prwxv3

Nah, they have the disclaimer on the option for a reason.

Let's see what the first game that breaks is.

lets be honest if it is perfect Sony would have had this feature at launch. Before launch they mentioned making sure games ran as expected. They tested games without patches during development of the pro. There is a reason for the disclaimer and why it was not a feature at launch.

benbeaux

Banned
Man, I skipped out on Just Cause 3 after hearing how poorly it performs on consoles. If Boost Mode really does fix it up a bit, then I might have to get it sometime soon.

Tomeru

Where the f is bloodborne?

I tend to pass on these things, but next time I'm signing up for stuff like this.

lets be honest if it is perfect Sony would have had this feature at launch. Before launch they mentioned making sure games ran as expected. They tested games without patches during development of the pro. There is a reason for the disclaimer and why it was not a feature at launch.

Precisely. I'm just hoping that most of my games have no issues so I can leave the option on but I wouldn't be surprised to see some titles with a plethora of new issues such as the app crashing.

Right, I've had a mess around with boost mode for a few hours running games I've got that I know can be problematic. Non of this is science, just guess work!!!

Project Cars - Better, much better. Still frame rate issues in wet racing with lots on screen but its considerably better than before.

Bioshock Infinite - Pretty much a solid locked 60fps from the part I played. Could be different in other areas though maybe.

Darksiders 2 - Now locked 30FPS and screen tearing is gone

Lords Of The Fallen - Almost now a locked 30fps, screen tearing pretty much gone.

Tomb Raider - Now a pretty much solid 60FPS lock (not ROTTR here, the original reboot)

Sleeping Dogs - Still a bit rough when driving around, but much better and smoother on foot.

Evil Within - Great! Miles better than before!

COD Ghosts - Yes I know no one plays this anymore, but in multiplayer areas, game is now pretty much locked to 60FPS where it wasn't before on some maps. First 10 minutes of campaign mode is also pretty much a lock.

Dead Island - Seems the same as before, Frame pacing issues and not FPS problems perhaps?

Everybodys Gone To The Rapture - Smoother, still not perfect, but must now be a very close 30FPS lock

Oddworld New And Tasty - Now seemingly locked to 30FPS

Resident Evil 5 - No more frame drops that I can see where there used to be minor ones throughout.

I'll submit more if anyone is interested

0racle

Seriously? Fucking just cause 3 is showcased in this thread before Bloodborne?

How did you guys manage to get ahold of the one guy who bought it?

Arttemis

Right, I've had a mess around with boost mode for a few hours running games I've got that I know can be problematic. Non of this is science, just guess work!!!

Project Cars - Better, much better. Still frame rate issues in wet racing with lots on screen but its considerably better than before.

Bioshock Infinite - Pretty much a solid locked 60fps from the part I played. Could be different in other areas though maybe.

Lords Of The Fallen - Almost now a locked 30fps, screen tearing pretty much gone.

Tomb Raider - Now a pretty much solid 60FPS lock (not ROTTR here, the original reboot)

Sleeping Dogs - Still a bit rough when driving around, but much better and smoother on foot.

COD Ghosts - Yes I know no one plays this anymore, but in multiplayer areas, game is now pretty much locked to 60FPS where it wasn't before on some maps. First 10 minutes of campaign mode is also pretty much a lock.

Dead Island - Seems the same as before, Frame pacing issues and not FPS problems perhaps?

Everybodys Gone To The Rapture - Smoother, still not perfect, but must now be a very close 30FPS lock

Resident Evil 5 - No more frame drops that I can see where there used to be minor ones throughout.

PS4 Pro now the defacto PS4. Based Sony!

Audioboxer

Ctrl-F *Bloodborne*

/GAFcries

Thanks for tests!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Goooood

5taquitos

Thanks you for this!

If bloodborne doesn't join this list soon you will be hunted down.

Thanks,

Definitely post more if you got them!

komorebi

Blessings mon

jiggles

Banned
From my quick tests, Bloodborne isn't improved at all but Yakuza 0 now rarely drops frames at all

EDIT: wait, Bloodborne is much better. It's more like "consistent with occasional hitching" than "consistently broken".

Audioboxer

Did beta emails go out? I can access the forum but didn't get an email.

A lot have. Many like you (myself included) can access the forum but still don't have an email. Another GAFer said if you get a friend to forward their invite email to you, and you click the link, it will give you a code. Haven't tested as I don't know anyone willing to email me their invitation link as of yet.

burgerdog

From my quick tests, Bloodborne isn't improved at all but Yakuza 0 now rarely drops frames at all

^^^^^ It was never going to be 60 when the game was capped at 30. We just wanted a more consistent performance.

latest

Top Bottom