• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW 1.7 coming soon (HDCP off, Export video to USB, & Video Editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I know this is great for most of you guys but I NEED 3D Blu Ray support. Hurry up Sony!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is the export to USB thing an indirect confirmation of external HDD support?
Doesn't the system already have limited support for USB HDD's right now? I think you can connect a USB HDD/stick to transfer saves and to install firmware. This update is just expanding on that support for exporting captures. Don't expect media playback off a USB HDD until they add a native media player and don't expect installing games to an external HDD unless there's strong demand after MS patches that in to the Xbox One.

biezel

Export to USB is excellent. I've pretty much ignored the share features since launch, but it looks like that'll be changing soon.

Moofers

I gotta ask again since I was post 100 before:

Does HDCP Off mean that when I broadcast my game, my Music Unlimited songs will go over through the stream as well?

Replicant

FUCK YEAH! That's what I'm talking about.

Keep it up, Sony! Next, MP3 and MP4?

PS Eye sales are low, it needs features like this to sell

LOL WUT? I'll be lucky if I can get one tomorrow along with inFamous SS. Been searching for 2 months after launch now. I wish I had the extra money back then to buy one. Now I can't find any unless I buy it from UK at marked up price.

Sophia

Does HDCP Off mean that when I broadcast my game, my Music Unlimited songs will go over through the stream as well?

No, it does not. HDCP off means people can simply use external devices to capture game footage now.

None of those announced features are of any interest to me whatsoever. I still just want suspend/resume - which was announced 13 months ago.

That said, if they still have more features to announce as suggested, then fingers crossed.

Kyoufu

No, it means you can use capture cards via HDMI. Obviously Sony aren't going to let you stream music from an app such as MU.

I don't think so. HDCP off means people with their own dedicated capture equipment record via HDMI without the need of a HDCP stripper now.

Saroyan

So they are starting to add features, thats good.

I haven't checked on the PS4 yet but is the download list sortable or searchable at all?
On PS3 its a pain in the ass, with PS+ and a few years of buying other stuff my download list is almost 500 items and they are just dumped in there by date of purchase. It can take forever to find stuff.

I don't mind having to wait a little while for the update. Its just nice to actually know that's its on the way, really looking forward to the export to USB and the 720p streams. I wouldn't be surprised if the other things they mention are themes,dlna and .mp3 support

edit: still need the bloody pause downloads though, drives me nuts having to cancel and do them 1 at a time

I tried to condense the info:

1.70 (will be ready within weeks):
- rich video editor for recorded videos (so, more options for the very basic one)
- copy/export recorded videos&screenshots to USB drives (HDDs too?)
- HDCP off option (? why would it need to be toggled) for gameplay
"record longer videos" -> this is related to people now being able to record via HDMI, right? Not with the built-in share option.
- "a lot more"

1.xx (date unknown):
- 720p streaming
- Twitch streams can be archieved
- more info about other features in the coming weeks

Redmoon

Exporting captures also means for pictures, right?
Cant wait to have uncompressed screencaps if it does.

Keep those features coming Sony :)

Edit: Nevermind, didnt catch the screenshot drop mentioned in the article.

coldfoot

Banned
FTFY

I tried to condense the info:

1.7:
- will be ready within weeks
- rich video editor for recorded videos (so, more options for the very basic one)
- copy/export recorded videos&screenshots to USB drives (HDDs too?)
- HDCP off option (? why would it need to be toggled) for gameplay
"record longer videos" -> this is related to the HDCP, right? Not with the built-in share option.
- "a lot more"

1.71:
- Stability

1.72:
- Stability

1.8:
- 720p streaming
- Twitch streams can be archieved
- more info about other features in the coming weeks

Moofers

For those thumbing their noses at mp3 requests, some of us really enjoy custom soundtracks. Personally, I have one I made specifically for my Gears 3 horde sessions on 360 and don't like to play without it. I'd like to do the same on my ps4.

Wow, this update sure does check off a couple from the checklist of updates people wanted. Export to USB is HUGE, especially with the bump in video quality.

Trevelyon

None of those announced features are of any interest to me whatsoever. I still just want suspend/resume - which was announced 13 months ago..

Shocked how many people seem completely unperturbed by this. This should absolutely be the first cab out off the ranks concerning post launch fixes. The system in place right now is fucking terrible.

Very pleased about being able to export captures to USB. Wonder if that's only screencaps or both screens and video as well? I'd love to be able to make gifs from my own gaming sessions.

Exporting captures also means for pictures, right?
Cant wait to have uncompressed screencaps if it does.

Keep those features coming Sony :)

i hope so. why even have compressed images when you got the most powerful console this generation and not be able to showcase it.

panty

Nice.

8JHmJ78.jpg

haha oh wow

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
They need to fix their non-exsistant download management, this is easily their most glaring issue, fuck a pause would be a start. Also, give us patch priority game by game and disable options too. I really like aspects of the sleep mode, but don't need another 6GB Blacklight patch on my capped plan, if and when I wanna bring that game up to date should be my choice, I'd rather not have to delete it wholesale.
The patching system was scheduled to be updated in April back in late Jan in order to decrease patch sizes. Who knows if we'll get the download management features with it, but at least it'll stop the frequent GB patches for the F2P games.

An Update On PlayStation 4 Patching

Hello DCUO Players,

At DCUO, we regularly develop and release new content for the game in free Game Updates and paid DLC Packs. This means there is always something new to play and see in the game, but it also means regular patches for you to download. We wanted to take a moment to address some feedback from players specifically on the PlayStation 4.

You have probably noticed that the download size of updates on PlayStation 4 has been larger than on other platforms. While this is partially due to the higher resolution assets on PlayStation 4, this is also due to differences in the way the platforms work. We know this is an important issue and we are working with the Sony PlayStation Team to both improve the patching process and reduce the size of downloads. Because these improvements are not trivial and because they impact all games on the platform, they are not something that can be completed overnight. We currently expect the launch of the improved patching system around April of this year.

Thank you for your continued support, and keep playing DCUO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom