• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 has cockroaches, what do I do?

SURGEdude

Imagine the amount of cockroaches that have walked into the OPs mouth as he was sleeping.

Dear god...

It's not a infestation. They just appear in my house, I clean and the kids who come dirty up the house the next day and the kitchen is likely where they all hover.

This is considered the norm in my household.

I think you need to sit your family down and explain to them that this kind of life is not normal.

What if there's a cockroach inside us?
RMkKiqt.png
Please excuse me as I vomit through all of my orifices.

duckroll

It's not a infestation. They just appear in my house, I clean and the kids who come dirty up the house the next day and the kitchen is likely where they all hover.

If you're playing your PS4 and four roaches come out of nowhere, there is an infestation. If you think that they are LIVING IN some of your appliances, there is an infestation. An infestation does not mean you don't clean your house. It just means the enemy has settled in.

Two Words

OP go look at where your silverware is being kept. Do you see tiny little black dots there? That's roach poop. If you find that, tell your dad that his spoons and forks are marinating in roach poop.

Capella

Get this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Y2GNVM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Better option is this stuff, especially if OP has pets. The roaches eat this, go back to the hive, die, then BECOME the poison, and when his little buddies eat his carcass, they die as well.

We had a small infestation one time; this took care of them within a short time.

or any other roach bait if you can't get an exterminator.

//DEVIL//

Shame you don't have a PS4 Pro, they'd probably move out on their own due to the noise.

Seriously OP, clean your house. Or at least get on your brothers for infecting your shit with roaches.

Return it to the store and tell them it has some bugs in the hardware and you'd like a trade.

and bring someone with you with a drum kit.

Call Sony and tell them that your console has some bugs preventing you from playing your system.
Omg lolol
. The ps4 pro one was amazing lol

Two Words

If you guys ever needed another reason to not work at GameStop, sometimes people try to trade-in roach-infested consoles. You'll pick up their console, hear some rattling, and see it rain roach parts out of the vents.

Gamerman1

RAID fogger in your room or the whole place. Put news paper down in the center of the room. Open closets. Shut bedroom door Come back in after an hour and open a window and let it air out for a couple of hours without you in it. The get some roach traps and put in the corners out of site. If you have no pets put some roach powder on tin foil and put it under the bed,closet, under sinks..etc.

TheRed

This reminds me when a cockroach entered my room and crawled on top of my HTC Vive, I had no idea what to do because I sure as hell didn't want to hit my $800 headset but was terrified it would crawl into the headset and get into the fabric and behind the lenses holy shit. So I yelled NOO at it from 3 feet away when it got closer to going in and then it looked at me and challenged me, it spread it's wings I didnt expect and flew directly at me, I dodged and then murdered the shit out of him when he landed and was about to get away again. I was so glad it made that move instead of just crawling into the headset which I wouldn't have been able to stop.

Florida really sucks sometimes lol.

Canned air should help. I'd pop open the HDD tray, take it out, and blast some air. I'd also change where you keep the console, too. Maybe put it on a shelf if you can?

Placement and heat is likely what attracts them. Also the bag thing would be a good idea when you're not using it, and find some way to seal it when not in use.

Just be careful with the air or you might blast them apart and you'll have little bodies in your console.

Gl!

brau

I feel like the OP is trying to make an analogy out of this. You guys need to read between the roaches.

If not, at least i hope the OP is keeping them as pets or something. He doesn't seem disturbed by the amount of them roaming around.

Zurick

Banned
I had carpet beetles once...

I took control of that shit and made sure the entire neighborhood doesn't have one in the only way you need.

rcqpxaK.gif

clintar

These are the ones that fit into small tiny spaces and could enter a 19 inch TV.

I clean out the desktop for dust and would see a dead roach shell in the HD when I open it.

The roach was IN your Hard Drive? They really get in to everything.

You live in Arizona, not a rainforest. It is not normal.

Kids bringing in dirt doesn't automatically bring in dozens of roaches either.

You have an infestation. Forget your ps4. Get your house in order first.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
If you can't afford a new one, and it's still working well when on, try to carefully dissemble the console and clean the whole damn thing; make sure you get the carcasses and eggs out but don't clean with anything that would harm the system.

Make sure you keep track of screws and everything else (like the Bluetooth antenna) if you're doing this. Should be fine, you're lucky they didn't wreck the system yet.

Activate 2FA Op!

But Seriously... Bug bomb, then clean up... Then do it again...

Then put poison bates everywhere and spread Boric Acid powder everywhere that Roaches like to go. Ex. Under cabinets, behind and under stove and refrigerators.

Instro

Just an fyi, if you are actually seeing roaches out and about, then that generally means there is a significant infestation in the home. You may want to look into professional help to deal with it.

Top Bottom