• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 HDMI Audio Issue (Voices too quiet)

DaveT

I have this problem too. I really noticed it today when I started up killzone for the first time, i need to crank the volume high to hear it.

Interesting. The PS3 was loud and was very close to 0db raw via HDMI with everything. I've seen similar with PS4, but maybe it's more diverse. Games like NFS def output very loud.

The PS4 gives you some actual options if you set the audio device to Optical.

If you choose Optical and make sure Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1, and AAC aren't select it outputs stereo through both the Optical and HDMI, no matter what's connected via HDMI.

Problem solved.

I had the same issue. This basically fixed the problem.

saintjules

Hello from the future.

I was reading a lot about LPCM and how that may be the preferred option for uncompressed signal. On my PS5 (and Series X, when I switch to LPCM the voice of the person speaking in game is gone but all other sounds are playing normally. It seems as if the center channel is muted under LPCM. Any ideas as to why this is?

I'm on an Onkyo AVR and my Consoles are connected directly to my OLED. The ARC HDMI goes to my Receiver.

Edit: I just saw on the LG C9, if you go to Sound > Additional Settings > HDMI Input Audio Format, you can change the specific HDMI Port you're using and change it to PCM. It seems to work that way and I do hear the voices normally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom