• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Question!
How do you make video players work on the browser?
It ocassionally works on some sites where the foreign video player is not native to but when you do go to its native site (like YouTube) the PS4 web browser asks for a flash update... I've seen people use it online yet I just can't get it to work.
Please Help!

Wynnebeck

Banned
The general consensus is that Microsoft blew their load, but the sentiment that is gaining toward Sony has changed. It went from "Sony is holding their cards close" to "what in the fuck is Sony thinking".

misfits.gif

Swishh

Banned
You asked whether there is anything better. I answered it's already shaping up to be good. If you don't like what's announced then that's unfortunate for you.
In other words, you remain vague as mort says and your ego stops you from saying 'i dont know'

Got it.

Verendus

Banned
Quick Q Verendus, my paranoid self is thinking if what you say it's true about FF7 next gen. Could it be a safety net of income in case FFXV does badly?(which I doubt)
Not a safety net. FF7 has always been considered for a remake. They just couldn't get around to it. There have always been talks, and this was something a lot of people at SE have been interested in doing. I think this upcoming generation will be incredible.

How amazing would it be to find a book that lays out the future of console game releases and announcements by date all very organized and easy to follow? The book just covered three years. Imagine all the things we don't know just in that time frame. Only time separates us from the glory.

Not a safety net. FF7 has always been considered for a remake. They just couldn't get around to it. There have always been talks, and this was something a lot of people at SE have been interested in doing. I think this upcoming generation will be incredible.

About goddamn time! It shall be glorious.

Thanks for the reply keep up the good work Gaf-brethen

Codeblew

They have done a remarkably shitty job with marketing and revealing their titles. Agent and The Last Guardian were announced years ago and every time they're asked about those titles they either say something completely ambiguous as to when they're going to be released or side step the questions entirely. We've seen nothing out of The Order other than a 15 second CG teaser. Drive Club's marketing has been dreadful. The studio promised footage of a multi car race and it was never shown. Santa Monica's game has been in development for years and we haven't even been told a title. Media Molecule was trotted out at the PS4 unveiling and hasn't been seen since. This goes on and on.

The general consensus is that Microsoft blew their load, but the sentiment that is gaining toward Sony has changed. It went from "Sony is holding their cards close" to "what in the fuck is Sony thinking".

Sony has no need to hype 2014 games or announce new titles while PS4's are flying off the shelves. They are playing it smart.

I just hope they find a proper team and director for it. Itou, i am looking at you.

Swishh

Banned
They have done a remarkably shitty job with marketing and revealing their titles. Agent and The Last Guardian were announced years ago and every time they're asked about those titles they either say something completely ambiguous as to when they're going to be released or side step the questions entirely. We've seen nothing out of The Order other than a 15 second CG teaser. Drive Club's marketing has been dreadful. The studio promised footage of a multi car race and it was never shown. Santa Monica's game has been in development for years and we haven't even been told a title. Media Molecule was trotted out at the PS4 unveiling and hasn't been seen since. This goes on and on.

Same thoughts here. QFT

boohowc

Banned
Question!
How do you make video players work on the browser?
It ocassionally works on some sites where the foreign video player is not native to but when you do go to its native site (like YouTube) the PS4 web browser asks for a flash update... I've seen people use it online yet I just can't get it to work.
Please Help!

Ps4 doesn't support flash iirc? For YouTube you need to switch to html5 mode

Www.YouTube.com/html5

Verendus

Banned
In other words, you remain vague as mort says and your ego stops you from saying 'i dont know'

Got it.
You seem hurt. It's okay. Maybe you and mort (?) should hug it out. We disagree on the line up for PS4 and you seem to have unreasonable expectations.

Anival

Banned
Weird day on the live stream, lots of trolls telling people to do that old put shoe on head. Lots of other people just saying they are from neogaf after being racist or trolling.

So Uncharted is a 2014 title for sure?

Pretty likely based on prior Uncharted reveals - usually a year ahead of launch, and the fact that the UC3 team will have had 3 years working on it since their last game shipped.

Plus Sony will want a big holiday 2014 game to match MS Halo.

Do people really think Sony won't be bringing out any new exclusives this year? There's already a few that could make this a great year, Driveclub, Infamous, new Uncharted, the Order 1886, how many games do you think a company has to put out in a year?

OmahaG8

I have absolutely no doubts or hesitation when I say I am confident in Sonys ability to bring games over the XB1.

Source: PS2 and PS3

Dusky

So Uncharted is a 2014 title for sure?

IIRC, Sony stated that they would announce big titles relatively close to their launch date (relatively being at least a year apart I'd imagine) so as to avoid anything like The Last Guardian fiasco again. I'd say it's pretty safe to say UC4 will be in 2014 but you probably won't get any concrete date before E3. Probably a 2014 tease at VGX.

Do people really think Sony won't be bringing out any new exclusives this year? There's already a few that could make this a great year, Driveclub, Infamous, new Uncharted, the Order 1886, how many games do you think a company has to put out in a year?

Anything less than 12 is a disappointment apparently. The AAA and mid tier exclusives will be amazing

boohowc

Banned
Pretty likely based on prior Uncharted reveals - usually a year ahead of launch, and the fact that the UC3 team will have had 3 years working on it since their last game shipped.

Plus Sony will want a big holiday 2014 game to match MS Halo.

Halo is confirmed for 2014 fall? Damn. Also I don't want uncharted stealing 1886s thunder. Hope there is a buffer between the first party titles.

Top Bottom