• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

aravuus

Meanwhile…

3s2q.jpg

Haha, that'll work!

Nah, thankfully I'm already a PS+ member so I'm currently downloading Resogun and Contrast. Not very interested in the latter one, but Resogun seems really cool. The connection here is painfully slow tho.

Just got my PS4 from Amazon yesterday. It didn't come with the $10 voucher, free month of PS+, or music unlimited code. Was Sony only including these in the initial batch or have I been shafted?

satam55

Banned
New media app being added today in the U.S.:
VidZone Brings Free Music Videos to PS4 in Time for the Holidays
DEC 24 2013 + Posted by Ben Creasey // Head Of Production, VidZone

11479252226_434c125072_z.jpg

For all music lovers across the nation, we have exciting news for you today. VidZone, a free music video service, is now available on PS4!

For those of you who have familiarized yourselves with the app on PS3, you will find that the new and improved VidZone has been fully optimized for PS4 to offer faster start up times and quick navigation. This means no more waiting to get to the music videos, your playlists, TV channels and everything else you already know and love about VidZone. With PS4’s enhanced social integration features, your recent VidZone activity can be displayed in your friends’ “What’s New” activity feed; you can also share screen grabs of your favorite music videos with friends on Facebook and Twitter with a click of the Share button on the DualShock 4 controller.

11479190034_765bb599a5_z.jpg

For those that haven’t yet checked out VidZone, here is a simple breakdown of what the service offers. We think you’ll be impressed. VidZone is a completely free music video app that lets you:

• Choose from thousands of music videos and stream them in stunning HD quality on your PS3 and now PS4.
  • Create unlimited playlists and build a library of your favorite music videos in My Zone.
  • Watch hundreds of VidZone TV channels and let the music videos roll.
  • Let your friends know which videos you love by recommending your favorites via Facebook or Twitter.

11479190154_c764cfe82b_n.jpg
11479175885_fe0680bab8_n.jpg

VidZone brings you a world of music videos tailored completely for you. Download it now for free from PlayStation Store under the Apps category. As always, keep in touch on Twitter and Facebook. We read everything and love your comments, so don’t be shy! Got any requests for VidZone? Let us know!

The VidZone App for PS4 can be found in the TV & Video section of PS4′s home screen, or in the App section of PlayStation Store.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/24/vidzone-brings-free-music-videos-to-ps4-in-time-for-the-holidays/

ohhh.png
When can we expect a VEVO app? You’d think their would already be a VEVO app on PSN/SEN since Sony Music Entertainment co-owns VEVO.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So I can't find this answer anywhere, but is there any way to share a video I captured without uploading to facebook or twitter? I just want to email it to myself or download it to a usb. Is that possible? Same question with screeengrabs.

You can set your video to only be visible to you, then upload to Facebook (nobody will see it) - then use a downloader to download the HD mp4 and then you can edit/share how you like.

Do you guys think BF4 is worth it now? I am thinking of downloading it from the PSN store once it comes back online, I also have COD ghosts, which I enjoy, so do you recommend BF4?

Iacobellis

Do you guys think BF4 is worth it now? I am thinking of downloading it from the PSN store once it comes back online, I also have COD ghosts, which I enjoy, so do you recommend BF4?

BF4 is very good. Few problems on my end.

Aside from my campaign progress being reset, I've been having too much fun with the game.

Mh, was already available for me this weekend (Austrian account).
Comes with its own trophies, controls are not mindblowing as you simply control the UFO by tilting the controller, but the augmented reality is kinda nice (displays shadows and different lighting in your room etc.).

I didn't even search for it though, it was listed under related content when you highlight The Playroom in the XMB. (btw I like that you can see all offered DLC and DLC you downloaded for each game right in the main menu).

VanWinkle

doublefine's Playroom game is out "My alien buddy"

How do we know this is from Double Fine? It doesn't seem quirky or unique enough. I guess I was expecting something more like Happy Action Theater (the Kinect thing they did).

Granted, I haven't played it yet. Just going from the description on the store.

Kibbles

Everytime I try to play CoD it keeps saying I need plus to play. I put a year in almost 2 weeks ago, what gives?

Edit oh it's been down this long? Fuck. Yeah don't get why people say this is as reliable as XBL. It's had lots of errors and downtime since launch.

Might just be me, but the Ustream shows seem infinitely less laggy then the twitch shows. The twitch streams have frame rate issues and the audio lags behind. Running a 65MB wired connection so I know its not me.

witness

My PS4 is so weird when it plays Hulu Plus, there's a weird video stutter that goes on. Like its juttery and not smooth. Its not on the Netflix app, and its not on the Hulu Plus app thats for my TV. Pretty annoying since my Hulu Plus app for on my TV constantly crashes so we switch to PS4 usually.

Not sure where to ask this, Gaf, but I've hit a bit of a snag. I purchased BF4 on PS3 last night in order to take advantage of the next-gen upgrade. I've since downloaded BF4 to my PS4, but have done nothing in terms of the PS3 version (I'm now thinking that this could be the problem).

Anyway, there's a lock icon on the BF4 image and any attempt to launch into the game elicits a, 'only the license holder can access this game' or some such message.

Any idea what's going on here? Do I have to download and activate it on a PS3? Cheers, guys.

slapnuts

Just got my PS4 from Amazon yesterday. It didn't come with the $10 voucher, free month of PS+, or music unlimited code. Was Sony only including these in the initial batch or have I been shafted?

Try looking in PSN store...look in the apps section ..might get the free month of music. Likewise..try the PSN+ one month offer in PSN store as well...i believe i seen both in there.

As for the free 10 dollars...I did not get my PS4 at launch.i got mine via walk-in on Black Friday at gamestop midnight. I got all three codes with mine. I mention this because some have stated that offer was only for pre-orders..strange

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Did anyone else's HDMI link just stop working?

I was going to use my TV remote to control the Blu Ray that I was watching but it just wouldn't work, not even in the menus. The weird thing is, it was working great just a few weeks ago. I have a Panasonic VT30 if that helps :/

I'm not sure if it's because of the 1.52 update....

def sim

Not sure where to ask this, Gaf, but I've hit a bit of a snag. I purchased BF4 on PS3 last night in order to take advantage of the next-gen upgrade. I've since downloaded BF4 to my PS4, but have done nothing in terms of the PS3 version (I'm now thinking that this could be the problem).

Anyway, there's a lock icon on the BF4 image and any attempt to launch into the game elicits a, 'only the license holder can access this game' or some such message.

Any idea what's going on here? Do I have to download and activate it on a PS3? Cheers, guys.

I bought Doki Doki Universe and it was telling me the same thing. I managed to get it working by logging in and out from holding the PS button. Maybe that might work?

keenest

I had the same lock issue with Pinball Arcade when I bought it last week. But as mentioned logging in and out of your PS profile solved the problem.

It is a weird bug, as even shutting down the PS4 did not resolve the issue.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

No, you don't - I did he same as you (bought but not downloaded on Ps3 to unlock the PS4 upgrade), and Bf4 worked fine for me.

Top Bottom