• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
WTF is wrong with some of you. I make it say NOW WELCOMING and some people take it as a personal offense OMG

Racer1977

Damn, I don't know whether to go with Killzone SF or BF4.

Not big into FPS games, but liked BF3 on 360, now though, hearing lots of bad things about the stability of BF4.

Re. KZ, seems to be a graphical showcase, but the SP is only average to good. On the MP side, there doesn't appear to be a great many players, but I'm hoping once the European audience joins, numbers will be boosted dramatically.

Verendus

Banned
Any comparative reviews of what launch games are/were the best?

Only have Killzone preordered, but not sure if I should switch it out for another game, or if I should not get a retail game at all.
If you liked previous Killzones, I think you'll like the new iteration. If not, then I would recommend giving it a miss. It's more of the same with much more pretty. I've played Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall and ACIV so far. Out of the three, I think I enjoyed ACIV the most, but I've yet to really dig into Killzone's multiplayer. Knack was okay. I've just spend solid time reading through GAF impressions of Killzone and Knack, seems like most people liked them so I don't think I'm alone in my opinion.

So it's only unannounced titles missing ?
Otherwise the list would like this :

DriveClub
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Helldivers
Hohokum
inFamous: Second Son
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
MLB
The Order: 1886
Resogun
Rime
Shadow of the Beast
Uncharted (PS4)
I look at that, and I can't even comprehend people whining about Sony not announcing games. They've only just launched, and you already know of 10+ games from SCE.

Then you also have Yakuza Ishin, Deep Down and others. Maybe I'm being harsh, and I understand people like different things, but to look at that and try to claim as if Sony is doing something incredibly wrong seems just inane. Are we looking at different things? The console generation is just kind of starting; many third parties haven't even really announced their big titles. And after announcing more than 10 games, some people are complaining SCE is holding too much close to their chest. How many games can be announced so quickly? Even if they don't announce more games, and they will which is obvious, that's still a solid line up.

Something wrong with some people on GAF.

Edit:

WTF is wrong with some of you. I make it say NOW WELCOMING and some people take it as a personal offense OMG
Stop hating on Europeans Y2Kev. Even your name sounds like a virus intended to wipe us all out!

Pbae

Finally got home from business and had a bunch of extra codes you guys are more than welcome to use. All N/A codes (don't know if that matters).

Please be considerate and if you've redeemed a code let the others know which code you've used so there isn't any confusion.

30 Day Trial
B59K-29N2-3798

7 Day Trial
2A3A-BMNM-229A
MT5H-6JNF-JJEQ
QCEA-PMN4-2TRC
CLCM-FGNQ-R65M

DemonNite

So it's only unannounced titles missing ?
Otherwise the list would like this :

Wheres the fun if it were a list of announced games? :)

Anyway, after seeing your list I noticed I messed up the sort since I didn't notice it was ignoring "The" in the original.

• DriveClub
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • inFamous: Second Son
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Knack
  • The Order: 1886
  • Resogun
  • Rime
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • Uncharted (PS4)

So which one is your favorite?

Before the error: 16th, after fixing the error: 1st. Massive fan of the director who created 2 of the best games last generation, imo :)

Anyway, after seeing your list I noticed I messed up the sort since I didn't notice it was ignoring "The" in the original.

Before the error: 16th, after fixing the error: 1st. Massive fan of the director who created 2 of the best games last generation, imo :)

Throwing this out there, Bruce Straley was the director of Uncharted 2 and TLOU... hmmm...?

Nice thread title change, british not welcome or something?

MsEjtTL.jpg

Pennywise

I look at that, and I can't even comprehend people whining about Sony not announcing games. They've only just launched, and you already know of 10+ games from SCE.

Then you also have Yakuza Ishin, Deep Down and others. Maybe I'm being harsh, and I understand people like different things, but to look at that and try to claim as if Sony is doing something incredibly wrong seems just inane. Are we looking at different things? The console generation is just kind of starting; many third parties haven't even really announced their big titles. And after announcing more than 10 games, some people are complaining SCE is holding too much close to their chest. How many games can be announced so quickly? Even if they don't announce more games, and they will which is obvious, that's still a solid line up.

It's not just Gaf though.
While I can surely understand people who are not that interested in the launch lineup, I cannot understand anyone bringing up hate for 2014, especially with so many announcements missing.
Of course people are pretty cautious around some announcements and releases in 2014.
Ready at Dawn is pretty unknown as developer,apart from some awesome ports though.
We don't know if Yakuza or Deep Down will see the light of the day in Europe and NA.
And while the God of War franchise suffers from exhaustion, we don't know in which area SSM will move (of course God of War will be back at some point).

Alot of people are also a bit pissed with some decisions by Sony.
DriveClub was delayed and even if it was necessary, alot of folks wanted a decent racer for launch.
Some titles would have been good cross-gen titles, like Pupeteer or Beyond.

Anyway, I'll totally agree with you that the outlook for 2014 is looking awesome so far and some announcements might be following soon (VGX).

Samyy

I too am looking forward to Miyazaki's next game!

Verendus

Banned
While I can surely understand people who are not that interested in the launch lineup, I cannot understand anyone bringing up hate for 2014, especially with so many announcements missing.
Of course people are pretty cautious around some announcements and releases in 2014.
Ready at Dawn is pretty unknown as developer,apart from some awesome ports though.
We don't know if Yakuza or Deep Down will see the light of the day in Europe and NA.
And while the God of War franchise suffers from exhaustion, we don't know in which area SSM will move (of course God of War will be back at some point).

DriveClub was delayed and even if it was necessary, alot of folks wanted a decent racer for launch.

Anyway, I'll totally agree with you that the outlook for 2014 is looking awesome so far and some announcements might be following soon (VGX).
I think the only game that I would have really liked moving to PS4 was Puppeteer. That was a missed opportunity. Puppeteer should have been there at launch and Knack should have released around May/June 2014.

RulkezX

Edit:

Stop hating on Europeans Y2Kev. Even your name sounds like a virus intended to wipe us all out!

In any other year it's a shitty line up , there simy isn't a system seller there.

I'm looking at that list and I'm not thinking "holy shit that looks great !" I'm thinking " huh , I'm gonna have to buy an Xbox next Christmas "

Edit : forgot about Uncharted , still a crappy list , though.

It is just like Kyle Bossman said - we get one cake and we want another quickly before we even finish the first one

Dragon

Banned
In any other year it's a shitty line up , there simy isn't a system seller there.

I'm looking at that list and I'm not thinking "holy shit that looks great !" I'm thinking " huh , I'm gonna have to buy an Xbox next Christmas "

Then buy an Xbox. Who's stopping you from owning both systems?

Anybodys Shopto order still showing as processing? Mine is and I was a bit concerned because I now some peoples are now showing as complete :-/

Verendus

Banned

You need to go back and check SCE games in the past PS3 generation. If all goes well, that list could be better than pretty much every PS3 year, barring maybe 2009 and 2013. Even then, it could match those potentially once it's all said and done. Granted, the games need to deliver first as that's a key component of it being successful or not but I don't see how people who have been singing praises for PS3 exclusives in the past few years would be disappointed with the announced line up.

Copenap

It really is quite silly doubting Sony where aaa games are concerned, unless of course youre crossing over from xbox 360.
That's the weird thing though, so many people are forgetting MS' lackluster first party support the past 3 years only because they bought some games and announced everything they got and then doubt Sony who had an awesome output just this year and are clearly holding back even more announcements. I don't get it.

Pennywise

I think the only game that I would have really liked moving to PS4 was Puppeteer. That was a missed opportunity. Puppeteer should have been there at launch and Knack should have released around May/June 2014.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned Beyond as well.
Alot of people were already saving up for their next gen spendings and skipped Beyond and Pupeteer.
Releasing them within that time frame wasn't the smartest idea, even next year would have been better.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So is it confirmed we're going to get at least one decent sized megaton at VGX? It doesn't even have to be mind-blowing, just hype enough to make me do a little dance in my living room.

nib95

Banned
Pumped! Mine hasn't been dispatched yet. Guessing it'll be dispatched on the 27th or so.

Btw, what did Amir0x get banned for?

Torraz

If you liked previous Killzones, I think you'll like the new iteration. If not, then I would recommend giving it a miss. It's more of the same with much more pretty. I've played Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall and ACIV so far. Out of the three, I think I enjoyed ACIV the most, but I've yet to really dig into Killzone's multiplayer. Knack was okay. I've just spend solid time reading through GAF impressions of Killzone and Knack, seems like most people liked them so I don't think I'm alone in my opinion.

Edit:

Thanks.

I thought the prior Killzone games were pretty decent fun. Only played the single player, but I would need the multiplayer for this one for it to be worth the launch asking price.

I'm kinda afraid of ACIV, because Ubisoft games usually are pretty fun in the beginning but then turn into checklist-like grinds/slogs in my opinion (far cry 3 etc..).

Top Bottom