• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro Boost Test Video Compilation Thread

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I tried Mirrors Edge Catalyst, can't say I saw any difference, the game needs a Pro patch more then anything to fix the resolution and a fix for cutscene stutter.
God Eater Resurrection also no difference.

I tried mirrors edge as well. Seemed a bit smoother, but it's the only boost game I've played so far that made my fans audibly increase in volume so it's doing something.

SaiyanRaoh

I haven't played much of FF XV since launch so I'm only going by the videos and stories I've head but wow.......I'm playing on High/4k and I'm not getting the frame pacing issues I've seen. I may actually play this! I know this is a pro patched title so did Square patch this thing recently or what?

Ferr986

I haven't played much of FF XV since launch so I'm only going by the videos and stories I've head but wow.......I'm playing on High/4k and I'm not getting the frame pacing issues I've seen. I may actually play this! I know this is a pro patched title so did Square patch this thing recently or what?

You probably just don't notice it. There hasn't been a patch for framepacing and boost mode doesn't do anything with Pro patched games.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I tried mirrors edge as well. Seemed a bit smoother, but it's the only boost game I've played so far that made my fans audibly increase in volume so it's doing something.
Really? I couldn't hear anything from the Pro. The VR processing unit the loudest thing in my room lol.

Can someone test Dragon Quest Heroes please

I have the japanese demo for DQ: Heroes 2 and this area
_20170205144635xnltd.png

suffers much less drops with boost mode on.

I thought Dragon Quest Heroes always ran at 60 FPS? Does it have framerate drops?

I have the game but barely played it.

I have a Japanese copy but I'm near the beginning of it, are there drops only at certain points?

Yeah, when you get to certain stages when the mobs approach it will skip quite a bit.

I have the japanese demo for DQ: Heroes 2 and this area
_20170205144635xnltd.png

suffers much less drops with boost mode on.

Thanks! This should bode well for Part 1 too, I'd imagine.

JackEtc

Idk if it's a placebo or not but switching back and forth as fast as I can, Need for Speed (2015) feels like a completely different game with Boost Mode on. Way more responsive and smoother

JP

Having played Plants vs Zombies GW2 for some time, from what I can tell this is now running at a locked 1080/60. It ran well before but would stutter when there was a lot of alpha effects running simultaneously.

I can't say that it's going to be 100%1080/60 but it's looked really good on the couple of occasions that I've played it today.

I'm in the process of redownloading Battlefield Hardline since I haven't ran into anything here and I'm enjoying all these random games I'm playing for scientific purposes.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Pro support is mandatory for games released after the Pro was.

People keep saying this but it's not true.
If your game is below 1080p on PS4 Amateur then you have to bump it to at least 1080p on PS4 Pro, but that's it as far as requirements go.

That's good to hear, I was looking through the thread to see if anyone had commented on whether this makes the fans loud.

My old PS4 was extremely loud on some games and I've read that Pro can be a crapshoot, some claim it's silent and some claim it's still loud. I've been considering just waiting for a revision but that could be a few years and there's already like 5 exclusives out now I really want to play (sold my old PS4 a couple months ago).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If your game is below 1080p on PS4 Amateur then you have to bump it to at least 1080p on PS4 Pro, but that's it as far as requirements go.

You just described mandatory support ..

X-Factor

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

PS4 Pro boost mode vs PS4 standard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx0aTvnp-w4

^ I cut one continue out so that is why it skips ahead once.

Individual videos:

PS4 standard gameplay of the same section
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzEVEZXwwrY

PS4 Pro Boost mode of the same section:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2uVCxMpLx

Both versions run well in the sections I played above.
However, I did notice that the intro opening section of Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is still not as smooth as it should be (first puzzle and escape to the first base camp).

pottuvoi

Banned
You cannot release a game without Pro mode.

Apparently after certain version tools compile ps4pro version automatically and older versions of tools cannot be used for a software to be released.

Rocket League really needs a native Pro mode. The framerate is already rock solid, but it could certainly benefit from higher resolution, better AA, and ambient occlusion.

5taquitos

Can somebody, anybody, please test Hand of Fate and/or Ziggurat?

These are two of my favorite older indies on the PS4, and both suffer heavy frame drops. Unity is to blame for Hand of Fate.

I'm really hoping Boost Mode smooths these out.

Anything about the Resident Evil games on PS4? For example first Resident Evil Remastered HD.
What about The Tomorrow Children? I thought this game would get a PS4 PRO patch from the devs themselevs. This game used the PS4 hardware very well and could have benfited from PS4 PRO too.

Nicodemic

anyone try witcher 3?

Just tried it a few minutes ago and it looks locked at 30 fps to me. Did not see any drops but I don't have enhanced laser vision so take it for what it is.

Btw, i've tried a few games on boost mode and the most impressive to me has to be Tomb Raider: DE. Seems locked at 60 fps. So smooth and beautiful... What a game.

KORNdoggy

Does people really see a difference here? I didn't notice anything (and it was me who recored the video lol).

I''ve been running a new character on DS3 and the only area I could say there's a difference is in the lake area with the giant crabs. Other than that it feels the same, it even have the same random stutters tied to specific areas the OG version had.

looking at the outer edges of the screen where judder is more obvious to see, boost mode seem to be smoother...BUT when there is a judder is seems a lot more pronounced? maybe the framepacing issue the game has.

Top Bottom