• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro Launch Lineup Revealed

Lady Gaia

I'm extremely pleased with the patched games I've tried so far, but a few games from the initial announced list seem to be MIA. Neither Xcom 2 nor The Witness have a Pro patch available. Are there others on the "Day One" list that are still missing?

Keep in mind that for extremely recent releases the support may have been there from day one, with no patch required.

I'm extremely pleased with the patched games I've tried so far, but a few games from the initial announced list seem to be MIA. Neither Xcom 2 nor The Witness have a Pro patch available. Are there others on the "Day One" list that are still missing?

Keep in mind that for extremely recent releases the support may have been there from day one, with no patch required.
The witness patch is coming this month Blow said.

JP

anybody tested out x-com 2? any i improvement over regular ps4?
It sounds like it hasn't been updated yet...

I agree, I'm very happy with the games that I've played so far. I've become such a fan of what super sampling has added to my games. It may not sound like the most interesting improvement but it really has been a step up for me in terms of graphics.

Anyone here got a samsungku6400. Trying to help calibrate my friends tv but have no idea and can't find any online sources to assist. Tried cnet which I used for my ks8000 but doesn't have details for his friends.

Shai-Tan

Banned
is there a list of games which will receive a patch some time in the future that didn't make launch? I don't mean future games, mainly games that are already out as I try to navigate through all the games that have come out on the PS4 in the last years. I'm guessing most of the ones that will receive a Pro patch already have one, just thinking about a few stragglers like The Witness as I go out and buy games on discount or off the Playstation store

I hope the Fallout 4 PS4 Pro Patch will be out soon. Cant wait. On a smaller note, i also hope Bethesda adds a decent 1080p mode. Sykrim Pro was a tad disappointing in that regard.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
With all of the Sony developed games and Square Enix's 2-3 year delay of porting to PC (at least they do now), I'm probably going to cave in a get a PS4 Pro. I really wish it had 4K BD support so I could more easily justify it. But really it's just because I have such high standards playing primarily on high end PCs...the original PS4 is basically an AMD 6970 with an 8 core mobile CPU. The PS4 Pro at least does games like FF15 justice.

JP

Has there been any news on Super Stardust Ultra update?
I'm probably not the best person to ask as I've hardly touched the PS4 version and only had a few games at launch. There are no Pro options in the game and I'm playing it on a 1080p screen so it certainly appears razor sharp on which suggests that it's using super sampling on my screen. I can't comment on HDR due to being on a 1080p screen and due to my lack opt experience with the base game, I just can't remember how well it ran or if there was issues with aliasing or anything else along those lines.

Come on 2K, release the damn Mafia III patch.

I asked the same question but it looks like it's out. The game looks remarkably better on the Pro. I'm not sure if they are doing anything resolution wise but looks cleaner and seems to peform better. Maybe placebo but something definitely changed. Would love to get a change log from them.

Any freaking world on Rez Infinite?

I asked the same question but it looks like it's out. The game looks remarkably better on the Pro. I'm not sure if thy are doing anything resolution wise but looks cleaner and seems to peform better? Maybe placebo but something definitely changed.

Any freaking world on Rez Infinite?

Have they fixed the awful frame-pacing issue?

The Argus

You'd think GTA V/Online would have been one of the first announced. Still charting and its YouTube videos continue to grow. I'd kill for a 1080P mode with some of the PC's more advanced settings.

chadskin

Don't own the game but I'm pretty sure it's out already.

I asked the same question but it looks like it's out. The game looks remarkably better on the Pro. I'm not sure if they are doing anything resolution wise but looks cleaner and seems to peform better. Maybe placebo but something definitely changed. Would love to get a change log from them.

Yeah, the changelog for the latest patch makes no mention of Pro support, that's why I haven't even started the game yet. Going to have to try this out then.

recursive

Not having good luck on the pro with Blops 3. Framerate stutters and resolution does not appear to be any better than standard. Night and day difference between IW and Blops 3. Anyone else notice this? Not sure if this was really a day 1 title.

Top Bottom