• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Software Update 1.5 is now up for download

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
There was a version up a week or two ago, but it was supposedly just a mislabeled 1.0 and it got taken down soon after people found it. This looks like the real deal though since it's so close to launch and review units are getting prompted to download it.

System Update: dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/image/2013_1112/sys_df008b5601f4a214a3cc65030a02ac4a/PS4UPDATE.PUP
Recovery File (Required when installing a new HDD): http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/image/2013_1112/rec_cedada625478db608d5878c019454380/PS4UPDATE.PUP

How to update via USB:

On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file.
  1. Using a computer, create a folder named "PS4". Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".

ps4_pc_update_clip_diagram_us.jpg

2. Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in step 1.
  3. Save the file with the file name "PS4UPDATE.PUP".
  4. Turn off the power of your PS4™ system completely.
  5. Check that the power indicator is not lit. If the power indicator is lit up in orange, touch the power button on the PS4™ system for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps a second time).
  6. Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to your PS4™ system, and then touch the power button for at least 7 seconds.
  7. The PS4™ system starts in safe mode
    1.jpg
  8. Select [Update System Software].
  9. Follow the screens to complete the installation.

If your PS4™ system does not recognize the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.

If you're upgrading the HDD you need to use the Recovery File instead of the Software Update and option number 7 while in Safe Boot Mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8_nt2Dwf78

CronoShot

They should name their updates after Antonio Banderas movies. Like how Google names Android updates after desserts.

Blackage

Hehe, people who order PS4s = faith in the system, not so much in the network holding up. :)

Edit: This is a light hearted joke to any sensitive people out there.

OmahaG8

I hate that it's out there, I hate people who can tell, and I hate people who are downloading it.

Salt. I has it.

EDIT: on PS4's

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
downloading.

Will save and be ready. All you plebes will be clogging the tubes.

Jtrizzy

Doing this for sure. Who knows what the conditions will be Friday at 1 am est. Who knows how long it'll take. How long does it take to install a game like Killzone? It could be a while before people are actually playing a game.

Eusis

Downloading. I'll probably still just stick with downloading it via the PS4, but this will work if it becomes an absolute clusterfuck.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think everyone is going to regret updating the PS4 firmware to 1.5 when FW 1.0 gets hacked wide open next week.

Top Bottom