• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sold (to consumers) 4.2 million units as of Dec. 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

komplanen

And it continues to be completely sold out in every store around the world, as reported by gamers online. Microsoft on the other hand...

Gaikai announcements in CES keynote I think fyi

lol called Playstation Now

Oh boy smartphones and tablets included. Gaf Meltdown inbound

Chuck

Still without luck
Took 6 weeks to outsell the WiiU

Edit: okay this doesn't count what the WiiU sold in December. WiiU is probably 200k-400k units ahead still. That'll end this month though

Edit 2: Nintendo was using shipped not sold in their numbers. So yeah, PS4 has very likely outsold it

So where are the folks who insisted that the WiiU flopped because console gaming was dying and that the PS4/One were to have the same fate?

I figured something like 3.5m so that was shocking lol.

It's great to hear X1 and PS4 selling so well because I was getting sick of the Wii U crowd claiming consoles are dead after the Wii U.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
aoVP0YN.gif

Not bad, especially considering supply constraints.

MedIC86

like people say it could have been so much more, everyone i know is waiting for a ps4 sold out everywhere since launch.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Just imagine if they were able to get good production yields. 4.2 million is still a very high number though. Jesus the thirst for this gen was real.

RulkezX

The best thing about this is it puts next gen install base at 7.2 million + making next gen only titles more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom