• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & Xbox One: August 2015 games

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Already ordered:
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Galak-Z

Probably:
The Talos Principle
Volume

Sooner or later / need to know more:
Submerged
Until Dawn

Also coming around the 11th is Toy Soldiers War Chest, LBX: Little Battlers Experience and at the end of the month Disney Infinity 3.0.

What's your reasoning behind putting *Exclusive* in every title except Dishonored's? Just for uniformity I'd put "Xbox One/PS4" Exclusive.
I just add them to distinguish if there's any platform exclusivity. Otherwise it's left blank if it's a normal multiplat.

mp1990

Banned
Already ordered:
Galak-Z

Probably:
The Talos Principle
Volume

Holy shit i forgot this one was coming out on August as well ! Been waiting for playing this one for so long now, can't wait, my puzzle itch need to be scratched
since Valve really hate me and will never give us a Portal sequel
. Only problem is, it releases August 25, just 5 days before MGSV, not sure if i'll be able to finish it before the release...

Now I'm slightly sad I don't have a PS4. Until Dawn and Rapture are a bit enticing. Submerged seems of potential interest. And I'm probably getting Rare Replay at some point.

Shin-Ra

I'm concerned about the visual polish but Until Dawn looks the most interesting this month.

cryUntilDawn.gif

StoveOven

Banned
I just remembered Volume is coming out this month and that got me really excited. Probably my only definite buy this month. I've gotta save some money for the fall

JP

Woah, didn't realise there was so many out in August.

Have already got Rare Replay, Galak-Z & Everybody's Gone to the Rapture pre-ordered. Submerged is looking very promising and I'm hoping that Volume will be
pretty special too. Did have Dishonoured on the PS3 but did;t really get around to playing it but I believe it's highly recommended on here?

Luckily, my broadband is being upgraded to fibre in a few days which should make the downloading a little less painful.

Also:
Thanks shinobi602, always use these threads and have never got around to saying that. It is partly your fault that I'm not going to have any money this month though!!!

Five games on 8/25? Why the hell are they waiting on Dishonored then?

I just preloaded the game on Xbox last night and now it gets to sit there for a month so they can release it against Madden and Gears of War....

Five games on 8/25? Why the hell are they waiting on Dishonored then?

I just preloaded the game on Xbox last night and now it gets to sit there for a month so they can release it against Madden and Gears of War....

Then a week later is Metal Gear Solid 5

Anyways, Rare Replay for me

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I love the concept of Everybody's gone to the Rapture. I'm a sucker for anything post-apocalyptic, so I'll probably get this the day it launches. One of my favorite parts in TloU for example was looking through empty houses, getting that eerie and desolate feel. Looking at this footage, this game is all about that sense of desolation. Have to say I'm not a big fan of Dear Esther, but the devs have said that there'll be more interaction in this game, plus the setting/concept is an immediate plus.

I'll be checking out impressions for Until Dawn, that's the only other August game I'm interested in.

Having just completed Dishonored + dlc on pc, I urge everyone who hasn't played it yet, to pick that game. Was a big surprise for me, amazing game.

quickwhips

Gears of War and Until Dawn on same day fuck me :( Well at least thats it. I wish Sony would make some multiplayer online games I could play with my brother.

Until Dawn is looking like the sort of game I wanted Quantic Dream to follow up Heavy Rain with. I so badly want it to be good.

Definitely buying:

Maybe buying (waiting on reviews):
Until Dawn
Submerged

Still trying to work on finishing The Witcher 3, so we'll see if I have time for them.

Drewfonse

Until Dawn on 8/25 begins the "how the hell am I going to find time to play all of these games?" phase of 2015. And Metal Gear just one week later. C'mon now, that shit's just unreasonable...

Lelcar

I had to look over the list a couple times, but huh. I guess the game that I'm most looking forward to here is Until Dawn. Weird. I mean, I'll probably play at least a couple of the Play 2015 games, but yeah.

ChrisD

I don't know why I'm so excited for Goat Simulator on PS4, but I am. If it keeps the Local Co-Op they added into PC that's going to be a fun Tuesday.

Nothing else jumps out to me, but September is loaded. Things working out just right.

Anung

Un Rama
Busy ass month! I'll be grabbing

Rare Replay
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Until Dawn
and maybe Gears of War: Ultimate Edition if the mood strikes me.

Only rare replay for me, I loved The first gears in 2006 but I don't have much desire to replay it, plus September is going to be packed with mgs and forza (plus others I'm forgetting).

occelinho

A lot for me this month!

Depending on reviews: Submerged, Everybody's gone to the Rapture and Until Dawn.
Definitely: One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and Gears of War

Well, maybe some of these will have to wait until I get them.

Submerged still looks so damned cool!

Busy month for me.

Definitely Getting:
Submerged
Galak-Z (Been waiting for this!)
SAO since I never got the initial release
Volume

Probably Getting:
Aeterno Blade
Until Dawn
Dishonored

Yup. Not going to play it though, my nerves are way too shitty for this type of game - but i'm gonna enjoy the Let's Plays!

My one problem holding me back lol. Otherwise it looks great.

Will get Everybody's gone to the Rapture. There's also Submerged for August, maybe I will buy it too.

Oh, sweet! Didn't even realize Submerged was getting a discount or this close. Awesome!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Until Dawn, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Rare Replay, and Dishonored for me.

Top Bottom