• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

I love how so many people whine about the subscription fee for XBL, when it is actually better than Sony's "free" service. I guess though since so many people play on wireless and end up with a crummy connection anyway, they can't tell the difference.

where this wasn't in any way relevant, hopefully it was somehow cathartic

*edit oh, didn't mean to join the pile-on, haha my bad

No-one should give a shit what Mortimer thinks.

gRgwL9y.png

Rich!

This may have been true in 2005 but 2013? No way.

Not to mention you get given a ton of free games on ps+, don't you? And Netflix, lovefilm etc is available for anyone to use, rather than being locked behind paywall.

anyway, this is derailing the thread.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That Jim Carrey GIF couldn't be more appropriate.

I'm not talking about services that both have in common. I'm strictly speaking about server stability and bandwith when playing multiplayer games. There's still a huge difference.

I really hope you don't actually believe this. They're both p2p, how on Earth can one be better than the other?

RoKKeR

There is a possibility that they arent doing any of these things and are just now enjoying all the attention, they can even claim that they listened to their "passionate fans" and make it seem like the people "won", when they probably made the decision internally on their own merit.

Not saying you guys should stop or anything, absolutely not. I am just presenting the theory that Sony might see this as a way of coming across as the "good guy" after the whole MS debacle

Well, they'd be stupid not to capitalize on not being "the good guy".

Rich!

I'm not talking about services that both have in common. I'm strictly speaking about server stability and bandwith when playing multiplayer games. There's still a huge difference.

Do you guys simply read half of a post before replying? And I'm not loyal to any specific company, because I buy all of the systems.

Who gives a shit? Take it to another thread.

Maybe you should read the OP before replying.
Ok?
This is spreading out of the Bonus Round/Doritos pope/keighley heard about sony DRM posts.

The gist of it is that Sony is listening to the backlash that Microsoft is getting and they are basing decisions off of this. I would assume MS is also, but I don't know that for sure. But I can say, for sure, that the past week's PR nightmare for MS has not been lost on Sony and they, in fact, do have a used game 'solution' working and have been going back and forth for months on whether to use it. This past week is pushing them strongly into "Yeah, let's not use that."

Do you want to give them an extra push? It can't hurt. I've been told by lower level people in the company that tweeting to yosp specifically is quite effective as he likes to gauge what people are thinking. Will a couple hundred posts from neogaf change the entire industry? No. Can it help give a little more momentum to something sony seems to be leaning towards already? I would think so.

So, if you care....
So, uh, what about it?

Sanctuary

Who gives a shit? Take it to another thread.

You want to talk about fanboys? How about the ignorants who don't even read before trying to jump into an argument?

Directly taken from the original post.

Also let them know that you expect free online play and no region locking like last gen as well, if those things matter to you. I have no idea if minds or made up on that or not but it can't hurt to try.

In pretty much every single thread that talks about XBL vs PSN, people on GAF say the same things over and over about how the subscription fee is a waste of money while praising Sony for it's "free" (inferior) service. You're basically asking for the same shitty servers again.

njean777

You want to talk about fanboys? How about the ignorants who don't even read before trying to jump into an argument?

You still haven't answered how both p2p services differ my friend, they are exactly the same thing, still waiting for your answer.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

So? People want to have free online, this is essentially the thread to help this continue being the case, not discuss whether or not being free is going to be horrible compared to XBL.

Moxx19

Banned

So? PM HIM if you have a problem with that statement, that isn't what this thread is about.

All right, lets drag this thing back on topic.

artist

Banned
This might be the most important collective movement the gaming community does to communicate to the leaders of the industry that has happened in years.
Just imagine if they do come out at E3 and announce this to be false, that'd be fucking sweet.

Every so often I see someone tweet at someone that has almost nothing to do with this. For example, on the feed someone apparently tweeted #PS4NoDRM at Hideo Kojima. It's great to see the support and all, but what is that supposed to accomplish?

In pretty much every single thread that talks about XBL vs PSN, people on GAF say the same things over and over about how the subscription fee is a waste of money while praising Sony for it's "free" (inferior) service. You're basically asking for the same shitty servers again.
Okay.
Make a thread, you can do it.
You will get a much better discussion in your own thread, not here.

Casanova

*flashes a stack of hundreds saved up from not having an XBL gold subscription*

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi

In pretty much every single thread that talks about XBL vs PSN, people on GAF say the same things over and over about how the subscription fee is a waste of money while praising Sony for it's "free" (inferior) service.
There is nothing wrong with what he said there though. It's not console war BS because he's not trying to incite anything. He just wants the word to be spread to keep the things we already get right now on PS3 to be on the PS4.

Calm the hell down.

Do you guys simply read half of a post before replying? And I'm not loyal to any specific company, because I buy all of the systems.

Nothing in your post addresses the issue at hand or the OP. Its just bringing up a bunch of fanboy wank. Nobody knows what either companies online service is going to be like, nor if Sonys will be paid or not this generation.

Akihidas

Every so often I see someone tweet at someone that has almost nothing to do with this. For example, on the feed someone apparently tweeted #PS4NoDRM at Hideo Kojima. It's great to see the support and all, but what is that supposed to accomplish?

I think they're just fishing to be retweeted by a big name and reach out to more people. Only reason I can think of.

Its on his feed and even if he replys stating its nothing to do with him, all his followers see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom