• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's been said already, but I'll reiterate here:

You should be messaging the key stakeholders at the 3rd party publishers. That's where this DRM push is coming from.

Sony is receiving your messages loud and clear, btw. Whoever said not to bother reaching out on Twitter is very, very wrong.

Good to know, been on gaf for over 3 years don't really post too often, but this topic has my attention.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

You should be messaging the key stakeholders at the 3rd party publishers. That's where this DRM push is coming from.

Sony is receiving your messages loud and clear, btw. Whoever said not to bother reaching out on Twitter is very, very wrong.

Will do. I'm adding Wired and other tech outlets to my tweets for tonight. Who should we try to reach out for at third parties? Any higher ups that follow twitter that can be convinced?

Stuart444

Didn't Troy Baker once tweet something saying we shouldn't complain about game prices? Not really the same thing as DRM but it doesn't inspire much confidence that he would be on board. I don't know about the others though, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try them.

If he responds with something like that, maybe we can get him on board by mentioning Xbones system which rules out private reselling and more importantly borrowing/lending games to people.

Used games sales equate to less money than all the DLC purchased according to one stat hunting GAFFER. And DLC is only going to go up and up.
The annual spending on games in the USA for new retail games in 2012 was $7.1 billion, which represented about 48 percent of the total of $14.8 billion spent on games. That's right, the retail market for new games is now less than the combination of other revenue. The other revenue, according to NPD estimates, includes used games at $1.59 billion, digital games and DLC at $2.22 billion, subscriptions at $1.05 billion, social network gaming at $544 million, game rentals at $198 million, and $2.11 billion in mobile game sales. New retail game sales dropped over 22 percent from 2011, and used games dropped 17.1 percent. Digital full games and DLC combined grew 33.9 percent for the year, with subscriptions gaining 12.9 percent and mobile games growing 10.4 percent.
Is what the sourced article actually says. Cinemablend forgot the "digital games" part. Just to clear that up.

Revven

I was hoping there'd be more youtube videos about this by now, but I don't see a whole lot aside from the one from BrokenGamezHD (which is also being used by others, though very few youtubers).

It would be great if AngryJoe made a video.

Raw is coming up in 30 minutes and all your tweets will be drowned out by wrestling tweets.

I'm on it.

capturexxa7b.png

Good to know that this feedback is actually reaching Sony, hopefully it reaches the highest decision makers.

EDIT: misread your initial comment, interesting the suggestion to tweet 3rd parties - I would have thought that they would be rather intractable.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
this one seems to be effective

Dear Sir or Madame,
since you as an artist know how it is to get ripped off by evil publishers/ companies, we'd like you to join our internet army. We are fighting against DRM and want to keep our right to resell used games. We don't have a lot of money, since we have to spent it for HD TVs and other high tech shit. So it is important that we can sell our games for the highest price possible and no ones else gets a share from it.
Please support us, we need your voice to fight for the rights of the simple men.
We will start a shitstorm if you dont accept immidiately.

Your gamerz

ps: this is just for the PlayStation. Dont support something familiar for M$ fans if one of those guys asks you
pps: Nintendo is so stupid. No EA games. Lol

It wasn't funny the first time. It was painfully desperate the second.

Gold Member
I've shared Gofreaks message on FB, will make a twitter account in a mo just to tweet the shit out of these guys, even if it doesn't work at least I can say I've tried :)

MMaRsu

Banned

Well it's going to be tough to turn this ship around, and I have to go to bed but if people can find some people to tweet to I'll do it tomorrow.

Hex

Banned

Indeed.
It is them who it all comes down to.
If they are the ones who are forcing the issue, they are the ones who have to change their mind.
At best Sony can leave it up to the devs, but if they are not going to be left in the cold by third parties they will have to back their decisions.

Awesome. :)

Although, I misread the other part of your comment before. So you do think it's a good idea to tweet third party decision makers?

I would have thought that they'd be relatively intractable in their stance in wanting this because "used games hurt them" and wanting a cut of used game sales. Do you think they can bend with the wind if it blows hard enough?

If this works, Gamestop owes neogaf a free $10 dollar discount on launch day PS4s!!! I bet at this point they have staff helping spread the word.

Sony is in a position to save gaming in the eyes of gamers. I retweeted a tweet whose sentiment was all Sony has to do to win E3 is say no drm, no anti used games. Would live to see Cerny come out with that tattoo!!!

Nintendo has to worry about all the attention Sony is getting even though WiiU already is drm and used game friendly. I think they will at remind folks about this at E3.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Who at the big publishers can we message? Does anyone have a list?

edit: Need executives, not general PR sites...though maybe we should try that too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If this works, Gamestop owes neogaf a free $10 dollar discount on launch day PS4s!!! I bet at this point they have staff helping spread the word.

Sony is in a position to save gaming in the eyes of gamers. I retweeted a tweet whose sentiment was all Sony has to do to win E3 is say no drm, no anti used games. Would live to see Cerny come out with that tattoo!!!

Nintendo has to worry about all the attention Sony is getting even though WiiU already is drm and used game friendly. I think they will at remind folks about this at E3.

They should give a $10 credit towards used games

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This is fairly accurate.

Bish, any recommendation for accessible 3rd party publisher reps active on Twitter?
You guys can do your own research as far as who's on Twitter, but you should be reaching out to guys like Larry Probst, Eric Hirschberg, Peter Moore, Frank Gibeau, etc.

Be respectful, but be firm. Don't get inflammatory - if you wouldn't say it to their face, don't put it in a tweet.

It would be great if someone made a list of employee twitter accounts of companies like Activision, EA, Square, and Take Two. Those would be the big 4 to hit right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom