• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Event: Are you expecting games, console design and price reveal??

What will Sony reveal?

• PS5 Games only

• PS5 Games + Console design

• PS5 Games + Console design + Price

• PS5 Games + Price

• EVERYTHING: PS5 Games + Console design + price + launch date & countries

Results are only viewable after voting.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
things changed after the postponement.. my guess is they will show games ( not all of them ) + the console..

the features will take another event beside special announcements

Last edited:

DonF

Realistically I think just games, but I'm hopeful for games + console.

Price and features in a separate event\video

Last edited:

Breakage

I really want to see what the PS5 looks like. I can't picture how they will integrate the V-design into a box that is attractive. I also hope in light of what happened to Mr. Floyd, Sony has gone back to an all-black PlayStation.

Uzupedro

Before the postponement, only games, after postponing, I think they will show the console too. They will not risk a horrible leak made through a 2 megapixel camera and a poorly taken photo will cause a first bad impression.

My initial guess was just games. Since then I have been convinced by others that the box will be shown too. Games+Design is my bet.

I don't think we get the price for either until July at the earliest.

mili2110

I changed my vote to games only, as I think now think they will reveal the console and fan design in a seperate teardown video (which Cerny kinda announced at road to PS5). Maybe in 1 or 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Expecting just games, and tbh I think its gonna be a let down :(
They better not make us pay for an update for Bloodborne. They better bring more than Horizon 2 and Demon Souls now after all the wait lol.

Id like them to show the UI and features of the PS5 and some games.

Dont care about seeing the console. And I dont expect a price or release date

Last edited:
I really want to see what the PS5 looks like. I can't picture how they will integrate the V-design into a box that is attractive. I also hope in light of what happened to Mr. Floyd, Sony has gone back to an all-black PlayStation.

Spin the dev kit 180 degrees so the V is looking at you like a 5 (V) then slap a piece of plastic or some grills in the gap of the V and voila, sexy console is sexy

Breakage

Spin the dev kit 180 degrees so the V is looking at you like a 5 (V) then slap a piece of plastic or some grills in the gap of the V and voila, sexy console is sexy
I can't just picture how it'll look good, especially when it's also supposed to be twice as thick as the PS4 Pro. It could actually end up being Sony's ugliest PlayStation.

Hopefully there'll be a mention of PSVR
I can't just picture how it'll look good, especially when it's also supposed to be twice as thick as the PS4 Pro. It could actually end up being Sony's ugliest PlayStation.
There was a mock-up in one of the other threads and it looked sexy tbh.

No console will ever be as ugly as the PS3. None, ever, never. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Breakage

Hopefully there'll be a mention of PSVR

There was a mock-up in one of the other threads and it looked sexy tbh.

No console will ever be as ugly as the PS3. None, ever, never. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Haha, if you're talking about original PlayStation 3 then I have to disagree. I thought it looked great (I still have my PAL 60GB launch model). The revisions that came after looked progressively worse, especially the cheap-looking top loading super-slim.
The original model had presence and felt like a premium product.

Haha, if you're talking about original PlayStation 3 then I have to disagree. I thought it looked great (I still have my PAL 60GB launch model). The revisions that came after looked progressively worse, especially the cheap-looking top loading super-slim.
The original model had presence and felt like a premium product.
I know it's a bit of a meme but I do think they all looked like George Foreman grills :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My initial guess was just games. Since then I have been convinced by others that the box will be shown too. Games+Design is my bet.

I don't think we get the price for either until July at the earliest.

The crowd is deceiving you because they are being overly hyped and just setting themselves up for disappointment. I will be VERY surprised if we will see the console here. My bet is no console. Just pure games and no price either. That's for August.

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

Games, and how the system looks and the OS and how fast it moves. They are playing chicken with Microsoft on the pricing soo I don’t expect one until August.

They will show new Ratchet, Horizon 2, God of War 2, Spider-man 2, Silent Hill, Gran Turismo 7, Demon Souls and Bloodborne, plus a new IP no one has heard of yet.

They will announce enhancements of 60fps 4k for most PS4 first party titles as well as Red Dead, Witcher 3, and some others.

They will show the console and announce a price of $499, as well as open up preorders.

Price. No. Sony likes dunking,

If they show the console, that means their saving some of their bigger games for august. So they will most likely show most of their game war chest on june 11. And save the console design and a smaller amount of games when Microsoft does their event. To control the news cycle.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Games and Console Reveal.

Release Date and Price is no shot in hell.

dyergram

I think sadly we have a few months of price chicken between ms and Sony unfortunately I hope we get to the see the box the ui and some games though.

Zato

Banned
Price will be with date of release, they will wait until MS go. Game of chicken inbound.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's time they share everything with us. Games, console design, and price. This week would have been E3. I can't remember the last console that we didn't get all this info at E3 the summer before they launched.

Top Bottom