• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Games For Near 3 Years Old

Calverz

Well.

My son started to ask me to play games… he has 2 years and 10 months (May 5 becomes 3 years old)… when he wants he takes the controller and go find me asking to play.

Well the issue is… he can’t control at all yet… so I tried Playroom and the easiest he could do is random control the the ball in that phase… the others phases is really hard mainly due the camera.

I teach him how to roll the ball but it uses the touchpad and he got bored because he likes to hit the buttons :D

So I’m going to buy some things for him.
What recommendations do you guys have for 3 years old? I’m trying some PS+ games like racing (he could have fun with GTS with assists all on).

I’m downloading Sonic Team Racing and Planet Coster.

I’m thinking in Sackboy Adventure too.
Tried Bugnax but the first person view and camera is a issue.

Well camera is really a bit no for him.
Get him a switch. Bugsnax is too complaicated for a child that age. And ratchet is too complicated too. Sackboy is good for about 5-10 levels and then difficulty spikes.
Switch is the best for kiddy friendly gmes. Stuff like Mario kart with assists in and mario odyssey.
Ps5 is a bust for kids. Astro and thts about it.

WoJ

My daughter is 5 and starting to get into games. She has been watching me play games since she was 2 or 3. It's only been in the last six months or so she's been able to actually play.

Sackboy is big in our house. So is Nickolodean Kart Racers. I also would play stuff like Kingdom Hearts because of the Disney tie in to get her interest. I play a lot of MLB the Show too and she eventually wanted to give it a shot because of how much she would see me play it. Lego games are also good.

HYDE

Banned
Well.

My son started to ask me to play games… he has 2 years and 10 months (May 5 becomes 3 years old)… when he wants he takes the controller and go find me asking to play.

Well the issue is… he can’t control at all yet… so I tried Playroom and the easiest he could do is random control the the ball in that phase… the others phases is really hard mainly due the camera.

I teach him how to roll the ball but it uses the touchpad and he got bored because he likes to hit the buttons :D

So I’m going to buy some things for him.
What recommendations do you guys have for 3 years old? I’m trying some PS+ games like racing (he could have fun with GTS with assists all on).

I’m downloading Sonic Team Racing and Planet Coster.

I’m thinking in Sackboy Adventure too.
Tried Bugnax but the first person view and camera is a issue.

Well camera is really a bit no for him.
Kid needs Donkey Kong Jungle Beat & Bongos! My college age kids still talk about how much they loved that game as kiddos.

sircaw

Banned
Yeap… the issue is really 3D cameras and the use of items though menus.

I’m really trying to teach him the camera but it is way hard than move… when you are moving you can make error but when you make error with the camera you are fucked.

He did well with holding buttons too… so racing is being a good way for now.
The lengths some parents will go to, just to get their kids to farm them Trophies.

ADMIT IT "lollipop_disappointed: :messenger_heart:

It reminders me of the lies Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem told when he platinumed Returnal, the truth was his 10 kids were playing 24 hours around the clock. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

mclaren777

Hohokum was my son's first game and he really liked it.

hohokum.jpg

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I would wait a year or so for several reasons. Primarily thumb placement on the controllers suck for little hands and it can be very frustrating for them.

Wipeout omega.

No, seriously. Just get him to the zone stages (where all you have to do is steer) and he can work on his coordination.

I don’t want my son gaming at 3 years old but I think wipeout omega would be good if you’re going to let him… lots of flashing lights though maybe turn the brightness down ;p

He will probably run into the walls for a long time though xD

Someone mentioned side scrollers, kirby would be perfect but it’s on nintendo obviously.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
In terms of graphics right now Ratchet and Clank is king, at 3 years old I was playing games like turtles in time, zombies ate my neighbors, super mario world, and Ocarina of Time. Ratchet and Clank expresses the playfulness of Pixar type movies.

Rudius

Maybe you shouldn't give virtual games to a kid that young. Stick to tried and true physical objects and human interactions that worked for the entire existence of the human species.

Barrico82

Banned
I think puzzle tetris games are easier for kids,

This one my little girl adores, she is 10

Try something without 3d or moving the 2nd analogue for the camera

Rockondevil

My boy started playing the odd game every now and then around that age. He started with Cars 3 which is quite kid friendly and you can definitely find it cheap.
Since then he's tried that Race with Ryan game somebody else said, but I found it a bit average. Cars 2 is alright.
The latest Paw Patrol game is ok if you can find it for low cost.

Obviously not PS5 but he likes Mario Kart and Forza too.

Top Bottom