• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 seems more balanced than Xbox One Series X

Sota4077

BUT... PS5 will have games like Horizon 2, Spiderman 2 and other exclusives over the first 2 years while Xbox only has upscaled Xbox One games.

Yeah, this is bullshit and not even remotely true. Not having exclusives out the gate for the console is not the same as saying they're only going to get uprezzed games. Stop spewing consoles warrior BS.

Hissing Sid

what-could-possibly-go-wrong.gif

Sota4077

Yet another person who isn't an engineer and doesn't get how the design of the PS5 is actually meant to operate. It doesn't matter how strong the Xbox is if your SSD can't have enough bandwidth to load all the scenes on one screen. PS5 is more balanced and focused on the SSD raw bandwidth so it can be more efficient with loading and off-setting the hardware requirements.

Stop being a damn parrot for Sony dude. Seriously. The faster SSD is not going to mitigate having a worse GPU and CPU. You sound so foolish. Sony talking about balance is nothing more than a marketing tactic because they do not have the specs. If they had superior tech specs you would not have even heard the word balance yesterday I guarantee it. No one is saying the PS5 sucks as a result. But it is less powerful than the Xbox Series X and that is just a matter of fact. A faster SSD does not mitigate that and it never will. Let this silly debate go already.

MilkyJoe

Yet another person who isn't an engineer and doesn't get how the design of the PS5 is actually meant to operate. It doesn't matter how strong the Xbox is if your SSD can't have enough bandwidth to load all the scenes on one screen. PS5 is more balanced and focused on the SSD raw bandwidth so it can be more efficient with loading and off-setting the hardware requirements.

You realise the SSD loads the data into RAM? That's what RAM is for.

The xbox has a more powerful cpu - locked
The xbox has a more powerful GPU - locked

The PS5 cpu and gpu are sitting on a seesaw, both weaker at their highest load.

The PS5 is about as balanced as a piss head carrying a tool box.

Taco Time

Banned

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Hoooo boy. This is gonna Be one heck of a ride.

The same fantasy we see every time new consoles are announced.

lol It’s starting to become amusing just how insecure you Xbox fans are becoming. Phil Spencer himself could knock on your door and tell you the PS5 is a great machine and you would screech, “THE TERAFLOPSSSSSSS!” 😂😂😂

MilkyJoe

lol It’s starting to become amusing just how insecure you Xbox fans are becoming. Phil Spencer himself could knock on your door and tell you the PS5 is a great machine and you would screech, “THE TERAFLOPSSSSSSS!” 😂😂😂

It's amazing how deluded you Sony fans are when all of a sudden metrics of compute power go out the window because Cerney tries to Spin the PS5 weaker specs. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

iHaunter

Look at digital foundries deeper dive into PS5.

ruvikx

Banned

I never realized SSD was the essential part of the hardware which made games better. Who needs a GPU & CPU? It's all about the SSD baby. In fact, I'd love to see a game powered by nothing but an SSD & the Cloud circa 2013. Guaranteed GOTY etc.

It's amazing how deluded you Sony fans are when all of a sudden metrics of compute power go out the window because Cerney tries to Spin the PS5 weaker specs. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

lol Ok warrior. We will will see how far that “extra power” goes when DF (who has already come out and shit all over the stupid ass TF debate) starts doing their comparisons and oh shit, the XSX really isn’t more powerful than PS5 that the fanboys keep saying! I’ll listen to people actually in the industry and not a bunch of manchildren on GAF all jerking each other off because they got their asses spanked by the PS4 for 7 years. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

MilkyJoe

lol Ok warrior. We will will see how far that “extra power” goes when DF (who has already come out and shit all over the stupid ass TF debate) starts doing their comparisons and oh shit, the XSX really isn’t more powerful than PS5 that the fanboys keep saying! I’ll listen to people actually in the industry and not a bunch of manchildren on GAF all jerking each other off because they got their asses spanked by the PS4 for 7 years. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm the warrior? With this post.

X is one whole PS4 more powerful at PS5 s highest boost

😂🤣😂🤣😂

eNT1TY

There is no balance in a soc that runs @ 85-90 degrees to approximate what the other does @ sub 60. PS5 is plenty strong but balanced is not what i would use to describe it. Guess we'll have to wait to see what the final cooling solution is though before making any declarative statements but always skirting thermal throttling thresholds does not appear balanced to me. I could be wrong as i occasionally tend to be however.

Bryank75

Banned
Theres so many Xbox fanboys on here... it seems futile to say anything good about PlayStation. So..... sure, Xbox has this gen locked up... can't wait to see those 100 million + sales!

• LOL
Reactions: CJY

CJY

Banned
I'm getting 2013 flashbacks of the persecution complex.

Can dish it out when on top but can't take it back apparently.

No secret sauce was ever uttered by a Playstation fan. Xbone had a lot more problems than just performance as has been well documented. Hardly anything of PS5 has been revealed yet and what has come out sounds really great. Are you trying to say PS5 sounds shit? I'm genuinely asking, because Xbone genuinely sounded absolutely horseeshit back then.

PS5's got less TFlops, that's what I'm getting from all this, and I'm finding it hard to care.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Everyone is right actually. "Balanced" is a word that describes XSX better than PS5. PS5 is unbalanced - beastly SSD, but just slightly above average in other areas.

I still think PS5 will destroy XSX in sales though. Not that it really matters.
Yeah, plus all they get is up-rez ports for a few years!

Halo infinite looked infinitely terrible in the reveal and all the news about people leaving and the state of the game... haha. Can't wait for the reviews!

It's karma, it always comes back round.

I do wish PlaySTation had Xbox's marketing department though, those guys are incredible.

Last edited:
No secret sauce was ever uttered by a Playstation fan. Xbone had a lot more problems than just performance as has been well documented. Hardly anything of PS5 has been revealed yet and what has come out sounds really great. Are you trying to say PS5 sounds shit? I'm genuinely asking, because Xbone genuinely sounded absolutely horseeshit back then.

PS5's got less TFlops, that's what I'm getting from all this, and I'm finding it hard to care.
Not at all. I think it sounds great.

I was day one on PS4 and Xbox One and I'm day one on PS5 and Xbox Series X. Nothing has changed for me. As somebody with less skin in the game and enjoys mocking both sides, it is funny to sees the sides apparently (for the time being) switched.

Game on!

TLZ

Banned
Their goal was to have variable clock speeds and a gpu clocked at 2.3 GHz ? I really doubt that but we will see how it goes in action and I am not talking about performance but about the actual use of the console and how it will cope with this horrible (imo) set up.

Oh and the speed of the console is not determined by the speed of its hard drive, but by the speed of its cpu, gpu, Ram e.t.c so this talk about speed is silly.
Well yes. That's according to Cerny's long video. He's the architect of the console, so I can only go by what he says. His whole messaging was about speed and getting rid of bottlenecks. I can't assume it's anything different. If his messaging was about power he'd have spoken about it, like MS has.

So for next gen, MS clearly has the power edge, while Sony has the speed. I want to see how this will all look like in real world performance.

I want to see all my Xbox, 360, One games playing in 4k and HDR on my SX, especially the Xbox and 360. I want to see all my games loading instantaneously with no loading screens whatsoever on my PS5, just like it was decades ago with cartridge consoles.

TBiddy

Yeah, plus all they get is up-rez ports for a few years!

Halo infinite looked infinitely terrible in the reveal and all the news about people leaving and the state of the game... haha. Can't wait for the reviews!

It's karma, it always comes back round.

I do with PlaySTation had Xbox's marketing department though, those guys are incredible.

And this right here, is a perfect example of fanboyism gone wrong. Christ, you're 45 years old.

CJY

Banned
Many, many, many people switched from Xbox to PS this gen. After 12-18 months of these next console being released, if Xbox is winning in sales, and I hear tonnes of stories of PlayStation fans switching back or to Xbox, I will concede that Xbox are the king of consoles and I'll take a bow. Until then, I guess all you xboys gotta try to get those hits in when you can. But mostly I wish you'd all just stfu about TFlops... It never has and never will be about the TFlops.

Somehow, I doubt any of these things will happen though

SleepDoctor

Banned
I can't even read all these spins lol. I thought people were at least a little smarter here, guess I was way off.

The level spin is amazing tho. Just imagine had the Ps5 been 12.19 tf against the Xsx 12.18 tf tho. The warriors would be twice as insufferable as they are now with these fairytales. 😭😭😭

Psykodad

Banned
XSX has more powerful hardware, but let's not forget how all the tech-savvy expert gaffers were claiming CGI for the KZSF and Infamous SS reveal trailers due to obsolete PS4 hardware.

I'll take most of the stuff said with a grain of salt. Lol

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Many, many, many people switched from Xbox to PS this gen. After 12-18 months of these next console being released, if Xbox is winning in sales, and I hear tonnes of stories of PlayStation fans switching back or to Xbox, I will concede that Xbox are the king of consoles and I'll take a bow. Until then, I guess all you xboys gotta try to get those hits in when you can. But mostly I wish you'd all just stfu about TFlops... It never has and never will be about the TFlops.

Dude it was definitely about TFlops the start of this gen

Bryank75

Banned
I can't even read all these spins lol. I thought people were at least a little smarter here, guess I was way off.

The level spin is amazing tho. Just imagine had the Ps5 been 12.19 tf against the Xsx 12.18 tf tho. The warriors would be twice as insufferable as they are now with these fairytales. 😭😭😭
YOu could call them 'deplorables' if you wanted! That sounds catchy!

SleepDoctor

Banned

Someone's salty they're cute little choo choo overhypetrain got rekt. 😭😭

The meltdowns are proving to be glorious 🙌🙌🙌

CJY

Banned
Dude it was definitely about TFlops the start of this gen
it was? Not for me and not for many. It was more about the draconian measures MS were taking, potential kinect security/privacy conerns, always-on, no used games... everyone was always saying power is irrelevant. The most powerful console has never won a generation except for this one and Sony won by default.

Edit: forgot to mention price.

Last edited:
I think people put too much stock in the TF numbers. It's two different approaches, so it hard to quantify how they'll do against each other. If you claim to know or make definitive claims, you're kinda just talking out of your butt and you're likely running low on TP, based on the videos of people hording TP LOL Until a developer comes out and states other wise, we don't know. Also, people are dismissing all the extra controllers Cerny built into the architecture, like the Kraken chip, WTF that that mean IDK i'm not a developer, but it sounded like developers use Kraken a lot and having that dedicated chip there will help (?)

I personally don't think graphics will be the thing that sets these consoles apart. It'll be services and the little unique things that each console has that they customized. Like variable rendering, much bigger bandwidth to load information for the game, or a dedicated sound chip that is more powerful than the CPU's in the PS4/XBX.

Top Bottom