• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Amazon doing away with the 20% off discounts for pre-orders August 28th

DryvBy

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/amazon-prime-kills-its-20-off-video-game-pre-order/1100-6461276/

Apparently the 20% off discount is going away August 28th. They're replacing it with "Get $10 when pre-ordering" so if you're looking to save a little bit of money on future pre-orders, might want to load up now. FYI - Amazon doesn't charge for anything until it ships. So if you don't have funds now, doesn't matter. And you can cancel as long as it hasn't shipped.

Amazon Game section or directly to "Coming Soon"

WaterAstro

I guess now we can stop blaming Sony or whatever for the lack of pre-orders.

Is the change already happening? It's not yet on Amazon Canada.

For Canada, 20% equates to $16 in most cases, so this is a drop in the deal, and not only that, you're just getting Amazon bucks, so it's not entirely an instant savings.

Edit: Made a mistake. It was always 10% in Canada.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Thanks for the PSA. I remembered this earlier today, so I put down an order for a few games. Might as well, since you can simply cancel later.

Humdinger

Cyberpunk is up for Prime discount on a preorder, at least for now. Probably will be gone soon. Seems silly putting in a preorder for a game that probably won't be released for 2 years, but they don't charge you until it comes out, so what the hell.

DryvBy

Cyberpunk is up for Prime discount on a preorder, at least for now. Probably will be gone soon. Seems silly putting in a preorder for a game that probably won't be released for 2 years, but they don't charge you until it comes out, so what the hell.

I ended up buying this and some Nintendo games. Not like Nintendo is ever going to be cheaper than launch.

Top Bottom