• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 $35 on Amazon

Acinixys

I know, how bullshit.

Probably because it's actually digital only now since the "boxed" edition comes with no disc.

If true I weep for those with shitty internet

BF1 comes on 4 9GB DVDs and has an install size of like 48GB plus a 3GB patch

jennetics

If I'm a patient person any reason why I shouldn't wait until Walmart's Black Friday deal of $27 for BF1?

Other than your local Walmart possibly running out of stock on Black Friday, I can't think of any reason not to wait. Also, if you just hate Black Friday shopping in general, then pick it up now.

J-Skee

If I'm a patient person any reason why I shouldn't wait until Walmart's Black Friday deal of $27 for BF1?

I did No-Rush Shipping which comes on the 25th, so just in case I walk into Walmart & find it, I can still cancel the Amazon order. But if not, I'll still have it regardless.

HotHamBoy

Other than your local Walmart possibly running out of stock on Black Friday, I can't think of any reason not to wait. Also, if you just hate Black Friday shopping in general, then pick it up now.

They won't run out of games like BF1 or TF2 and other retailers will have the same price or close.

Also, ordering games online for BF and cyber monday is easy.

jediyoshi

If true I weep for those with shitty internet

BF1 comes on 4 9GB DVDs and has an install size of like 48GB plus a 3GB patch

Different SKU? This is what's at Target/Best Buy/Walmart

MbS0y40.jpg

EA is desperate.

This will be an eye opening month for you.

SpecX

Hmm, should i order here or go down the street to Target? Wish they slashed the price on PSN as well or for the digital download :( Hate physical media now especially with 2 systems in the house.

Nudull

Banned
Haven't really played a Battlefield game before (still have 4 and Hardline sitting around), but I did enjoy Star Wars Battlefront. Will I like BF1, or should I just go to Titanfall 2?

This will be an eye opening month for you.

Eye opening as in good sale of BF1 and bad sale of TF2? Or good for both? Or bad for both?

I think EA realized how silly it is to release two AAA titles targeting the same audience simultaneously. Never have I seen two AAA titles like that get bundled on PSN Store, nor have I seen them go Bomba within its launch.

Definitely bad sales for Titanfall 2 is pushing them.

shtolky

Have never played a Battlefield game before. Had been strictly COD until I picked up TF2, which I loved. I'm more interested in the multiplayer side of things. Will I enjoy this if I'm a complete newbie to the series?

chitnex

Have never played a Battlefield game before. Had been strictly COD until I picked up TF2, which I loved. I'm more interested in the multiplayer side of things. Will I enjoy this if I'm a complete newbie to the series?
I think so. From playing the beta it seems to be a lot like the other games, meaning that there's something for everyone, from fast paced gamemodes to large scale conquest matches. The BF games are probably my favorite multiplayer shooters.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Thanks for the heads up. Cheapest option I have for Titanfall 2 in Canada. Bummer about the PS4 version not shipping for me until next week though :(

shtolky

I think so. From playing the beta it seems to be a lot like the other games, meaning that there's something for everyone, from fast paced gamemodes to large scale conquest matches. The BF games are probably my favorite multiplayer shooters.

Sold. Just ordered BF. Thanks for the recommendation.

DirtyLarry

Thanks for the heads up.
For this price, I will gladly double dip and own this game on both PC and PS4, especially since I just set up my PS4Pro and am reading about the improved framerates. Very good stuff. Thanks OP.

Wtf. This makes me a little upset about supporting Titanfall 2 on launch.

I mean I understand a price drop is imminent but this quickly? What a slap in the face.

Chris1

Wtf. This makes me a little upset about supporting Titanfall 2 on launch.

I mean I understand a price drop is imminent but this quickly? What a slap in the face.

Honestly all EA games drop in price crazy fast these days, I've noticed it ever since EA Access was a thing but could be even longer than that. Battlefront and NFS had 50% price drops within a month aswell.

KDC720

Absolutely gonna grab Titanfall 2, gonna hold off on BF1 for a bit longer I think.

Does anyone know how long this deal will last? Payday isn't until tomorrow for me so I at least want to wait till I'm done work to put in my order.

Electret

Can we roughly estimate when BF1 might be added to EA Access? How long from EA Access' introduction was BF4 added?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Asked this in another thread, but I figure I'll ask again - which one of these games have more accessible/noob-friendly multiplayer? A couple of friends and myself want to pick up a game we can play together, but we vary in skill level. I worry a steep learning curve, or frustrating experience might turn one of us off. Thoughts?

BF1 will feel like a meat grinder that seems impenetrable initially...but I felt myself acclimating quite quickly to it and falling in love after a rough set of early matches. It also does not overwhelm you with load-outs, perks, upgrades, and all sorts of insane unlocks that I felt really tore me away from BF4 in the initial hours. For a mainline BF game, it is the most accessible entry in years, but expect a slight learning curve to condition to the chaos.

Can't comment on TF2 yet.

Phionoxx

Bought TF2 on PS4 for that price. Excited to try the campaign after all the great word of mouth for it. Also will probably enjoy the co-op horde mode (frontier defense?) once that gets added back in to the MP.

BigEmil

Hmm

Is titanfall 2? I'm big on cod, not so much battlefield. I tried battlefield 4 on sale, and it felt too slow for me. I'm also very disappointed by this year's cod

Thoughts?
Definetely get Titanfall 2 if you like fast twitch shooters like Cod you'll like TF2 100%

So I bought BF1 exactly one week ago on Amazon for full price and just got it Tuesday. Any chance I can get the difference in cost if I say something??

K.Sabot

Well this is odd...

two day shipping apparently means 12 day shipping.

aLfPU0m.png

Apparently out of stock, what a shame. Guess I might as well wait until BF.

Top Bottom