• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

Nokterian

wow they took this shit really seriously and rerouted the plane?

Yes they take this very seriously and now FBI will be involved and homeland security. Now those fuckers will go to jail because of there sick jokes and doing for fun to ruin everyone's sunday to play games.

Azull

Christ...whoever did this just opened up a can of worms they can't close.

People at my law firm are talking about it as well, was actually how i found out about it.

Percy

Banned
Hope that these clowns are given a thorough lesson in consequences, because that airline explosive shit is beyond the fucking pale pathetic.

Jail time and lots of it incoming I hope.

You can calm down, tiger. I would love to be playing some survivor mode on TLOU:R.

So concern, much worry.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Fake Kaz is best Kaz,

9gPbXjX.png
What are the chances that Phil Spencer is behind this account?

How do you know?

I have his address.

I posted a bunch of pages back that I'd discovered the members details online and asked whether I should post them or not (knowing that I shouldn't, really). I didn't.

All I'm saying is, this guy is from the US.

Edit: Of course it goes without saying that the page I've found could all be falsified.

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley

Something about security and our cargo. Sitting on Tarmac
What the fuck. This is ridiculous.

not saying they did something "wrong", i'm just surprised that a single tweet can do that.
Really? I'm not, at all.

If someone called/tweeted/emailed/whatever that there's a bomb on board a plane, and the airline decides to take off anyway, and something happens, do you realize how much trouble they'd be in?

213372bu

Banned
That.... is... it.... You're both looking to far into my comments. Hmmm.. I wonder why?

I know you might actually mean well, but if you want to last here as a Junior, at least try making posts that aren't flame or accusatory. Just calm down a bit and post later, for your own good of your membership.

We need more TampaGAFfers, don't screw this up.

Donos

wow they took this shit really seriously and rerouted the plane?

nowadays nobody sane tries that kind of joke anymore because authorities stomp in your door and you have to probably pay a fine (or the costs you caused) for the rest of your life. So everybody who still does this get treated really seriously.

Akai__

Assuming they're within reach. I wouldn't bet on FBI if they're in North Korea, Iran, etc.

I remember when hackers from Slovenia stole credit card info and the local police worked with the FBI, to catch those guys. Of course it needs to be a country, which is willing to work with the FBI or any other foreign authorities.

Either way, I hope they can catch these guys.

LX_Theo

Banned
Twitter better be willing to give up all the information they have on that account after everything they've done. Can they even say no when they made a fake bomb threat?

Sublyminal

Neo Member
Script kiddies, pissed over some stupid shit that has no affect on their life. Bu bu bu US Gov messed with ISIS, doesn't matter it's Sony's fault lets script kiddy ddos them.

Banned
These fucken kids take 9/11 lightly. Fucken disgusting. Who the hell makes a bomb threat this day and age and not expect it to be investigated?

Jomjom

Banned
Well the plane getting diverted or delayed basically means that the FBI will be breaking down thise morons' doors now. So at least theres a positive in all of this.

timdog ISIS supporter confirmed?

Anyways, hopefully this leads to the FBI busting down some doors, anyone who thinks making a bomb threat is a joke is out of their mind.

Azull

Twitter better be willing to give up all the information they have on that account after everything they've done. Can they even say no when they made a fake bomb threat?

No they can't, that's how serious bomb threats are. Plus even if they did, no way they would hold up information in a case like this.

I have his address.

I posted a bunch of pages back that I'd discovered the members details online and asked whether I should post them or not (knowing that I shouldn't, really). I didn't.

If the account wasn't hacked and he had even a smidgen of involvement, than his life is officially over now.

Wace

I have his address.

Something tells me that both these groups are actually trying to get famous for something they didn't do. All this shit and leaking IPs... like someone would use static/dedicated IP for illegal stuff. PSN is a good target for testing botnet capabilities but it's bad idea to take responsibility for the attack. And all this terrorist stuff makes me wonder if the person posting is older than 13.

robo

not with a federal warrant slapped on their lawyers desk they can't.

Because you tried to make this about the warz.

Your comment read like fanboy bullshit, and you got called out for it.

Because we actually read the words you typed? That's pretty much why.

But then again you chose your words. You already know.

Wow. This has escalated quite rapidly. I had no intention on making this about the "console warz". I own both consoles and enjoy both consoles very much. Believe what you want, but it was not my intention and I do not want to derail this thread anymore. Happy gaming.

Phlebas

Banned

The authorities will make a request for the info and Twitter will hand it over. No reason to deny and they will be forced to comply with laws anyways.

Top Bottom