• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

Nerokis

what in the world is going on

How did this go from "PSN is down" to Obama, ISIS, rerouted flights, BNet, BRAZZERS, etc.? I'm going to take some time to go through this thread, but damn, I didn't see this coming last night.

Recall

That was tweeted over an hour ago.

IiqUndZ.png

You're

Considering how Microsoft has a lot of security (and that it would also effect there PC/Windows Phone devices), I don't think this guy's efforts will do much to Microsoft :).

Besides, at this point a lot of people/groups (Sony, FBI, Homeland Security, ect) are investigating this wide-spread issue, so I have strong doubts that they will take down XBLA/Windows before these groups step in and stops it :).

Security cannot stop DDoS. It's brute force and amateur.

ZanDatsu

It's Sunday evening and I want to play some TLOU multiplayer T-T .. I think this is the first time I've ever been impacted by a DDoS. Will networks ever get to a point where attacks like this are trivial to overcome/avoid/offset?

@famedgod appears to be a random person on the internet who has been claiming things. Why are people taking what's being said at face value?

Ok, so if something happens to Xbox Live, there will at least be merit to the claim that the other bozos stole credit from this clown for the PSN DDoS. Those IP addresses could still be random garbage.

Martian

So they dont want to play games either? Or are they just targeting consoles.

Pathetic. Like DDos is such a high-end hacking thing to do. Losers

It's Sunday evening and I want to play some TLOU multiplayer T-T .. I think this is the first time I've ever been impacted by a DDoS. Will networks ever get to a point where attacks like this are trivial to overcome/avoid/offset?

Sony has no money to ever beef up the security on their networks tho

Khaz

what in the world is going on

How did this go from "PSN is down" to Obama, ISIS, rerouted flights, BNet, BRAZZERS, etc.? I'm going to take some time to go through this thread, but damn, I didn't see this coming last night.

My guess: PSN went down because of pirates, and gamers out of luck had to fall back to their second favourite hobby.
Thus Brazzers went down too.

Top Bottom