• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/24/08

Dante

prelude514 said:
I haven't played the game, so I don't know how big the maps are, but for 10 new maps + 21 skins I think it's dirt cheap.

Not when you consider there's like 10 people who actually play this game online.

Which version of Jet Moto 2 is on PSN?

The original version with 8 riders at a time in 1p? or the gimped greatest hits version with only 4? There were other differences too but i forgot.

Other differences in GH version:
-Faster framerate due to less racers (lame, gimps difficulty to some extent)
-all tracks unlocked from the start (lame)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sorry if already asked but... I'm getting no sound with the 1080p trailer of Dragon wars (US Store). Just video. My problem?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I would like to meet the people who pay extra for NFS cars instead of just unlocking them by playing the game they already paid $60 for.

Dante said:
Not when you consider there's like 10 people who actually play this game online.
Im one of the 10. Seriously I play it quite a bit I love it, I was crushing online for awhile, but no way in hell is that worth it. The multi is lots of fun but its got like 3 instakill moves and just get abused and its annoying. if it were balanced or had some options for just shooting matches I would actually grab this.

Souther

Banned
Nice to see PS1 games coming onto the store alot more often now.

My only problem is...At some point Sony is going to run out of games to put on the US store if all we are going to get is games that have been developed by Sony's various studios.

They are going to somehow have to find a way to get more 3rd party games up on the store or the PS1 list is going to be pretty slim pickings.

Will we see Arc the Lad I,II,III on the NA store? Dunno..it is a Sony developed series...but it was translated and released here in NA by WD. Who has the rights to publish it here in NA now...

Capcom, Konami, Namco...Hopefully you guys are willing to put more PS1 stuff on the Store...cause we all know Squaresoft aren't helping any.

jiggle

Souther said:
Capcom, Konami, Namco...Hopefully you guys are willing to put more PS1 stuff on the Store...cause we all know Squaresoft aren't helping any.

If the rumors are true, then SE would actually be helping the most :D I hope it's true :/

Zoe

The high score board for the first level in PJM has doubled since the demo came out :D

But there are still only ~5000 people on there :(

Dante

Souther said:

My only problem is...At some point Sony is going to run out of games to put on the US store if all we are going to get is games that have been developed by Sony's various studios.

They are going to somehow have to find a way to get more 3rd party games up on the store or the PS1 list is going to be pretty slim pickings.

Will we see Arc the Lad I,II,III on the NA store? Dunno..it is a Sony developed series...but it was translated and released here in NA by WD. Who has the rights to publish it here in NA now...

Konami did a stealth SOTN, which gives me some hope that MGS is coming eventually.

Souther said:

Isn't the Wii VC stuff doing pretty well. I thought I'd heard something along those lines.

If it is, it does seem weird that Sony/ Third parties aren't putting more effort into PSOne downloads. In all honesty, how much would it cost to get the games emulated on the PS3/PSP, and it's not like it's a hard copy, it just sits on a server, waiting for someone to download it. Seems like money for old rope.

Souther said:
Let me refer you to an older post by Vic Ireland himself (look at post #38 and #40) and he explains that SCEA would have to re-translate them all themselves.

Anyway, PixelJunk Monster is really awesome, definitely a buy for me. About to play the Devil May Cry 4 demo.
Die Squirrel Die said:
Isn't the Wii VC stuff doing pretty well. I thought I'd heard something along those lines.

If it is, it does seem weird that Sony/ Third parties aren't putting more effort into PSOne downloads. In all honesty, how much would it cost to get the games emulated on the PS3/PSP, and it's not like it's a hard copy, it just sits on a server, waiting for someone to download it. Seems like money for old rope.
I think part of the problem is pricing (They are quite cheap, $6 compared to $10 for an N64 game, $8 for Gen/SNES, etc.), PS1 emulation is more difficult than 2D (not many VC N64 games up either, none by third parties I believe except for Sin & Punishment), and it's not just a matter of getting the game up and running on PS3, but also PSP (and many games when on PSP need control adjustments, due to lacking a 2nd analog stick, R2 and L2 buttons).

Zoe said:
The high score board for the first level in PJM has doubled since the demo came out :D

But there are still only ~5000 people on there :(

Im going to keep playing until I'm #1.

Number should grow in a few though. :eek:

klee123

jiggle said:
If the rumors are true, then SE would actually be helping the most :D I hope it's true :/

Well, they're not actually PSone ports. They're meant to be enhanced remakes with graphical enhancements.

TerryLee81 said:
Where the fuck is Super Puzzle Fighter??

Sad isn't it? It's not a translation issue when you can buy it on XBLA. I think they just hate us. How can it take almost 4 months to translate Everyday Shooter? Or Bowling?

BoilersFan23 said:
I think part of the problem is pricing (They are quite cheap, $6 compared to $10 for an N64 game, $8 for Gen/SNES, etc.), PS1 emulation is more difficult than 2D (not many VC N64 games up either, none by third parties I believe except for Sin & Punishment), and it's not just a matter of getting the game up and running on PS3, but also PSP (and many games when on PSP need control adjustments, due to lacking a 2nd analog stick, R2 and L2 buttons).

I can see what you are saying about the limiting factors of the PSP, although for all but a few PSOne games, it's only really the R2/L2 missing that's an issue.

But then you look to the PSP homebrew scene and what they've been able to do with PSOne emulation and I can't help thinking 'surely Sony, as platform holders for all three, being able to put their weight behind it, without any limitations to hardware access should be making more headway than they are'.

Zoe

BoilersFan23 said:
and it's not just a matter of getting the game up and running on PS3, but also PSP (and many games when on PSP need control adjustments, due to lacking a 2nd analog stick, R2 and L2 buttons).

There are already games up on the JP PSN that are PS3-only. I don't see why this is really a problem.

calder

As I suspected, I really really like PixelJunk Monsters. :D

Very simple, yet fun and well paced for a tower defense game. The mechanic of slowly upgrading the towers by dancing on them and exploring for hidden loot really helps add a bit of depth. And even on the easy levels you can see replay value in the combination of leaderboards and the fact that unless you're a tower defense savant you can greatly improve your score on every map with repeated plays.

EDIT: and for whatever reason my downloads have been great tonight. Got PJM in no time as you'd expect and the DMC demo downloaded quite quickly

RaidenZR

Finally got on, geez. DMC must be getting hit hard or something.

Regarding PS Eye games: Which of the downloadable PS Eye-"required" games truly require the camera? A friend of mine claimed that a bunch are cool screensaver-ish things and only use the Eye to enahance them, regardless of what the store puts disclaimers on. Can anyone cop to that?

M3wThr33

Banned
RaidenZR said:
Finally got on, geez. DMC must be getting hit hard or something.

Regarding PS Eye games: Which of the downloadable PS Eye-"required" games truly require the camera? A friend of mine claimed that a bunch are cool screensaver-ish things and only use the Eye to enahance them, regardless of what the store puts disclaimers on. Can anyone cop to that?

They all sorta work without it. The Aquarium one is nice without the camera, definitely. I just wish it wasn't so static. Good thing to leave on, I guess.

The Mesmerize ones are almost useless without the camera. (It's actually ONE application. Each additional purchase just adds a few more 'toys' to the list ingame)

Jtrizzy

This was a great update for me. I'd never played a DMC or tower defense game and I really enjoyed both.

I also finally got the update for SSHD. Is there a way to skip to the next custom song in the game without pausing? I like how you can adjust the volume and sfx levels, unlike in HVB.

I wish you could skip tracks like in HVB and I wish you could adjust sound levels in HVB a la SSHD.

Jtrizzy

Does the full version of PJM have custom soundtracks? The music in the demo is annoying. The game is fun though...and I agree, very tough.

carlos

I'm trying to buy PJM at the usa store, but it just won't let me; maybe it has something to do with me downloading the jp demo? I erased it too, but still, no luck :(

Rolf NB

Urhurrhurrhurr @ Devil May Cry 4. Urhurr!
A bit easy maybe, but then I still need to try harder to make it out of the level before the ten minutes are up. The controls are perfect and it runs like a dream. Moar!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
RaidenZR said:

Well all of them require the PS Eye...they don't even boot up unless it's plugged in.

Zoe

carlos said:
I'm trying to buy PJM at the usa store, but it just won't let me; maybe it has something to do with me downloading the jp demo? I erased it too, but still, no luck :(

I still had the JP demo on my system even after installing the US version.

Zoe said:
There are already games up on the JP PSN that are PS3-only. I don't see why this is really a problem.
I think SCEA mostly wants to push downloads on PSP more so than PS3, since they really mentioned over and over again about PS1 downloads for PSP (more so than PSP). I dunno, just a thought
carlos said:
Maybe you need to erase the saved data too? I hope I can purchase the game too, since I downloaded the Japanese demo.

elseanio

Comparing UK store to USA is becoming a joke lately :( I appreciate the fact that people can easily create an American account for free content, but when the hell am I gonna get to play Everyday Shooter?

carlos

hmm..weird, I also deleted the saved data for it...still no luck

If I try the "unlock full game"option, it says that I already bought the game (I wish! ;) )

Maybe It's a problem with the credit card, even though I'm sure it has funds; (it either says transaction could not be completed, or unable to add funds to the wallet

HiVision

carlos said:
hmm..weird, I also deleted the saved data for it...still no luck

If I try the "unlock full game"option, it says that I already bought the game (I wish! ;) )

Maybe It's a problem with the credit card, even though I'm sure it has funds; (it either says transaction could not be completed, or unable to add funds to the wallet

it was mentioned in another thread somewhere that trying to buy the japan demo from the US or EU displays that message (incorrectly). You need to go to the store and buy the full version and re-download it. (well it's only 50 meg or so)

Top Bottom