• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/31/08

Wollan

Fade to Black! WOW. GET. (Excellent game but graphically it was even outdated on the PSOne , should be interesting)
Theme Hospital? Cool, never really tried it.

MadFuzzy

Benedict said:
Nice to see some third-party PSX-games.

Looks like both EA and Zoo are very much on the PS1 downloads bandwagon now in Europe. I wonder when other big publishers will follow suit here (people like Capcom, Namco and Konami in particular).

Wollan said:
Fade to Black! WOW. GET. (Excellent game but graphically it was even outdated on the PSOne , should be interesting)
Theme Hospital? Cool, never really tried it.
PC version is one of my favourite games. No idea how the PSX version is though.

tanod

when is my burrito
dolemite said:
Is it possible to create a Japanese account on an American console and then download stuff like GT5: Prologue?

yep Check the OP for help in setting it all up.

Queeg

Anastacio said:
So why isn't there anything on the nordic Store yet? I thought it were part of the general european one oh well..

While we get the same as Europe, our store is separate. We also get Australian and New Zealand music videos every week or two.

Plus it's just turned Friday here :p

Pachimari

Queeg said:
While we get the same as Europe, our store is separate. We also get Australian and New Zealand music videos every week or two.

Plus it's just turned Friday here :p
Yea, that's why it bothers me that we haven't gotten the PSone games. Though, if I'm not mistaken, there's like two-four hours till our Store gets updated.

Goldrusher

Hong Kong
content
- MotorStorm - "mystery paint job" (Chinese New Year gift)

HiTV videos
- HD Bobo Go!Go!Golf!! (some kind of Chinese game show)
- HotCha - Party Girl (music video)

(Japanese) PSone games
- XI[sai] JUMBO
- Echo Night 2
- King's Field III
- Athena - Awakening from the ordinary life
- Gakkou de atta kowaihanasi
- Prismaticallization
- Memorial Series Sunsoft Vol. 3 (Tokaido GojusanTsugi + Madoola no Tsubasa)
- The Conveni 2
- Blue Breaker
- Azito

Jim

Apparently, the following PS1 classics are coming to the PSN soon:

Castlevania Chronicles
Wipeout XL
Rayman
Street Fighter Alpha
Jet Moto 3
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

And possibly a version of Puzzle Quest.

Foster

Anyone got Theme hospital yet? if so is it any good? and how big is it?

I remember playing in on the PC (and it was awesome) years ago but never on the PSone

Jim said:

Castlevania Chronicles
Wipeout XL
Rayman
Street Fighter Alpha
Jet Moto 3

OMGOMGOMG

I3rand0

Jim said:

Castlevania Chronicles
Wipeout XL
Rayman
Street Fighter Alpha
Jet Moto 3

They made a Jet Moto 3? When was this?

I3rand0

ascii42 said:
1999 I think, 989 Studios did it.

Yeah I just saw the Wiki, wow I totally forgot about that. Singletrac was not involved unfortunately so Jet Moto 2 is definitely the definitive version.

pswii60

"Theme Hospital" is a fucking stupid name for a game. "Theme Park" makes sense, "Theme Hospital" doesn't.

As for the game, I loved it on the PC back in the day, but I can't imagine it plays too well in shitty 320x240 res.

GrayFoxPL

Theme Hospital FUCK YEAH!

I remember playing the demo from playstation magazine for hours. It is awesome on PS1.

I'll be fucking around making everything covered in puke, flith and urine!

pswii60

DMPrince said:
Does that mean we can expect something remotely good in the US PSN store as far as ps1 games? :D

I suppose Theme Hospital and Rayman is a start. I wish they'd bring more of the 2D stuff. 3D games like Wipeout, Crash etc look so unbelievably shit on PS3 with my HDTV it's a complete joke. I don't want to play them! 2D games on the other hand don't seem to matter so much when it comes to graphics - thus I want to see more of the stuff like Rayman, R Type etc.

But wierdly, the PSX stuff still seems far more dated than most Genesis and SNES games, probably because it is early 3D stuff rather then late 2D stuff.

Jim said:

Castlevania Chronicles
Wipeout XL
Rayman
Street Fighter Alpha
Jet Moto 3

It would be awesome if they released Puzzle Quest for PSP as a downloadable, and fixed the few bugs it has (party members, lock-ups with too many abilities...). I would buy it again in a second. I would buy Crash 3, Rayman, Castlevaniea, and probably SFA (is it a good translation?)

What about Theme Hospital or Motorhead? Anyone play them recently enuogh to see if they hold up (i.e. more like Crash 2 and less like Warhawk)?

Jim

Felix Lighter said:
How is Wipeout XL?

Only one of the best Wipeouts ever. Looks a bit dated compared to the amazing PSP versions, but still great. Looks nice upscaled (disc version) on the PS3.

Elios83

Is Capcom still alive relatively to the european version of Super Puzzle Fighter HD? It's getting comic...
Moreover what is Capcom expecting to put Biohazard 1,2,3 on the PSN ww? I really don't understand why certain companies seem afraid to make money:lol

BTW Rayman will be mine as soon as it arrives on the store :D

Madman

I3rand0 said:
Yeah I just saw the Wiki, wow I totally forgot about that. Singletrac was not involved unfortunately so Jet Moto 2 is definitely the definitive version.
It was ok. It had a stunt mode and stunt levels (2 did not have this, right?). Overall a good game, but from what has been rumored it's what killed the JM series due to poor sales. Too bad really. I loved the JM series.

Jim

Elios83 said:
Is Capcom still alive relatively to the european version of Super Puzzle Fighter HD? It's getting comic...
Moreover what is Capcom expecting to put Biohazard 1,2,3 on the PSN ww? I really don't understand why certain companies seem afraid to make money:lol

BTW Rayman will be mine as soon as it arrives on the store :D

SCEA is actually "republishing" 3rd party PS one classics themselves since they need to make changes to make sure they work on the PSP and all that. All the games I mentioned above will be published by SCEA.

Tr4nce

Don't know if posted already but here is the PAL content!

Game demo's:

- Devil May Cry 4
- MX vs ATV Untamed

Going to check other newly addes stuff now!

Gonna download DM4 demo now bitches!!! :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Tr4nce said:
PSone games:

-Fade to Black (€4,99)
-Theme Hospital (€4,99)[/b]

Grr :| I hate the way these games don't work on my JPN system. I'd love to get Theme Hospital.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Tr4nce said:
Gonna download DM4 demo now bitches!!! :lol

How dreadfully tardy of you! I had this last week from the JP store.

Once again the UK update is a crap-sack (I'm sure the PS1 games are great but I sure as hell ain't bothered by them).

tanod

when is my burrito
Jim said:
SCEA is actually "republishing" 3rd party PS one classics themselves since they need to make changes to make sure they work on the PSP and all that. All the games I mentioned above will be published by SCEA.

Finally, we have the "REAL" reason why it's taking them so damn long to put these out.

I say they need to flood the PS3 store with PS1 games. They should worry about converting them for PSP later. Grrr :mad:

Top Bottom