• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN error (8002A548)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So I was playing some Uncharted 2 co-op with my friend and suddenly I get booted off PSN. For some reason, I can't login to my PSN account now. It gives me this error message and apparently my friend could see me online, as if I havent timed out yet. Weird thing is that other PSN accounts can connect fine, but my main account won't connect. Now my friend says I'm offline, but it still won't connect.

Anyone get this problem before?

fanboi

Banned
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=128436

Also:

For All Those confused patrons viewing this dredded forum. I have read everything on the internet practically about this problem and used some common background knowledge that I have on wireless, playstation 3 itself, the way things work in between and the network. I think this is directly connected with the commonly used program utorrent, utorrent sucks up a ton of users internet power. When you have utorrent installed on a computer connected to the same internet connection, you probably are going to consistantly get this error...forwarding or not...

IDEA 2: Playstation network detects an unusual occurance because of your use or for some reason massive use of downloading or internet connection.

IDEA 3: THIS IS NOT RELATED TO YOUR ISP DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON GETTING NEW ROUTERS OR CHANGING TONS OF INFORMATION.

IDEA 4: This error happens when playing online because while you are playing online there is a crazy flux in ones internet due to some type of stress upon the connection resulting in some crazy phenomenon when trying not to connect to the internet but to playstation network (A SERVER SONY PREPARED SPECIFICALLY FOR PLAYSTATION) Hence the word server. It is seperated from the internet itself so this error lies between playstation network and your internet connection.

This are just theis's I has looked at and tried to steer those smarty's we need to try to find a literall and full proof solution, just take a look and generalize your thinking. And I want to put up a side note by curiosity in a non rood mannor but did anyone go ahead and just ask sony whats going on? And if so? Maybe this is a problem that they should probably fix in the network itself because its re-occuring....

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I haven't used utorrent recently

Plus it doesn't explain why my other PSN accounts work but not my primary

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What about a program like ZoneAlarm (or a firewall similar to it?).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nope, but it seems like this is a PSN issue since I'm sending messages to my main PSN account while logged on a secondary account and it says my messages can't be sent through (8002A340)

What the hell? I just wanted to play some Uncharted 2 co-op and when I finally get the chance to play some retail co-op, this crap happens.

Wario64 said:
Nope, but it seems like this is a PSN issue since I'm sending messages to my main PSN account while logged on a secondary account and it says my messages can't be sent through (8002A340)

I certainly hope it's a PSN issue. I've been getting the same error message while trying to log in for the last half hour or so and can't think of any reason it would suddenly stop working like that other than PSN troubles. Web browser works fine so I know it's not my connection.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think it is a PSN issue since I just tried logging in this morning and it works. But it's annoying since my friend really wanted to play some co-op. Argh.

Zoe

PSN issue. It happened a few weeks ago and there was a thread about it then too. It affects some but not all accounts.

Wario64 said:
I think it is a PSN issue since I just tried logging in this morning and it works. But it's annoying since my friend really wanted to play some co-op. Argh.

when something like this happens i usually turn off and on my router. dunno about you...

Top Bottom