• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN possibly hacked by OurMine; Megahurtz stolen, Uncharted downgradeton

OurMine right now
tumblr_lgoz2j3UYI1qzy4ino1_500.gif

Fisty

Hey guys, I stole all your info but I won't leak it. Visit my patreon and donate. #HackThePlanet

It really is hilarious.

"We have all this super-sensitive data. No you can't see it. Seriously we really do have it, we just don't want to show anyone. No I'm super serious, I mean yeah we are extorting corporations by gaining access to their social media, but we have morals so we won't release proof we have this data. But seriously, pay us."

BiggNife

They clearly stated that they have access to the database and they aren't leaking it to the public. Stop assuming that it's just their Twitter account.
I have access to steam's database but I won't share it with anyone because I'm a nice guy

There I just clearly stated something

commedieu

Banned
Crazy. I was just about to buy a ps4.

But now this?

Must be hard to walk with all those holes in their feet.

(Am I doing this right?)

This thread is an embarrassment.

People are rightfully concerned about personal info leaks, especially considering this service's history, and all half of you can do is point and laugh at people screaming "haha fell for it!"

Some people are concerned. Others are fanboys throwing stones in glass houses.

Removed my credit card. Never adding another again. Sony's online security is a fucking joke. Thank god I had 2FA on. You simply can't have a PSN account and not have 2FA on your account.

Darko

These dudes cant even protect their own accounts i have zero chance of getting my stolen OG psn account back :(

convo

Twitter and Facebook were actually hacked, PSN probably not but whether it was or wasn't is pure speculation.

Hijacking social media accounts seems more likley than hacking into PSN. Nevertheless a official statement will need to be given out asap to clarify.

It really is hilarious.

"We have all this super-sensitive data. No you can't see it. Seriously we really do have it, we just don't want to show anyone. No I'm super serious, I mean yeah we are extorting corporations by gaining access to their social media, but we have morals so we won't release proof we have this data. But seriously, pay us."

I read into it, as in they will black mail sony for the leaked data base.

Leyasu

Banned
Social media is serious business.

Please share some more with the group.

Ridiculous

He clearly just wanted us to know he doesn't buy Sony consoles

He just wanted to see how many knights of the Sony realm would charge to their defence.

Fucking sony got everyone covered. From kids with Minecraft cross play, value with EA access, through to their vault like online security...

They go that extra mile for you, and merit that devotion that is shown on so many forums.

Floody

He just wanted to see how many knights of the Sony realm would charge to their defence.

Fucking sony got everyone covered. From kids with Minecraft cross play, value with EA access, through to their vault like online security...

They go that extra mile for you, and merit that devotion that is shown on so many forums.

Pointing out stupid comments makes you a warrior now?

Hope my check from Sony arrives soon!

jediyoshi

Whoops, you were better without the edit. Now your point is actually incoherent.

I was just checking in to see what the title was about and pretty much all of the posts are snarky or salty fanboy/fanboy accusing posts lol

Boke1879

The hell are you even talking about. You're not going to last long with that attitude.

Toparaman

Banned
For the first time ever, I have been receiving messages on PSN from people I don't know and haven't played games with.

Not sure if related to this, but it is odd. I don't even play online multiplayer.

Floody

Until Sony clearly states they have NOT been compromised i will assume they do have access. Better safe then sorry.

If they've been compromised wouldn't they have shut down the network by now? Can't remember how long they took to do it last time.

For the first time ever, I have been receiving messages on PSN from people I don't know and haven't played games with.

Not sure if related to this, but it is odd. I don't even play online multiplayer.

That's been happening for awhile. My US account that's only ever been used to go on the store gets them.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Nah, it's the new hotness. They all have shit names as well.

FingerBang

Did Sony kill your dog or something?

AtlAntA

If they've been compromised wouldn't they have shut down the network by now? Can't remember how long they took to do it last time.

That's been happening for awhile. My US account that's only ever been used to go on the store gets them.

Iirc it took them quite awhile to shut down psn after they were hacked last time.

I know it's probably just a social account hack (which is kinda sad in many ways) but im not talking any chances.

kikiribu

Yikes. Shitposting at its finest.

They were hacked between April 17 to 19th and they shut down the PSN on the 20th. They did not admit that personal information was stolen until a week later.

Given their track record excuse me personally when i say - i will wait for a statement from Sony officially denying that there has been an intrusion regardless of how many GAFers are saying (likely correct but still) that it was only social media accounts.

Floody

Iirc it took them quite awhile to shut down psn after they were hacked last time.

I know it's probably just a social account hack (which is kinda sad in many ways) but im not talking any chances.

They were hacked between April 17 to 19th and they shut down the PSN on the 20th. They did not admit that personal information was stolen until a week later.

Given their track record excuse me personally when i say - i will wait for a statement from Sony officially denying that there has been an intrusion regardless of how many GAFers are saying (likely correct but still) that it was only social media accounts.

Ah, thanks, little worried now, not enough to go change my password yet though.

Yeah, can't blame you for being extra safe, my bad if it came across that way.

Floody

As someone that just got up, can I get a short summary of this thread please?

PS' Twitter and Facebook got hacked, hackers claim they have PSN Database, no evidence they have, no official word they haven't.
Some people being extra safe others not. Not sure why a mod changed the title though, it was originally just "PSN possibly hacked by OurMine"

Top Bottom