• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP 3k and go price drop confirmed for Europe

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
krae_man said:
$200 for the system and 3 free games? Finally they're pricing it what it should have been a year ago.

I (and others, I am sure) brought this up in another thread- The PSP Go has been selling for $199 for a while now at retailers like Amazon (the white Go was $200, black was still $250), Walmart, and Fry's Electronics.

What I am wondering is if some of these stores will drop the price down any further.

dani_dc

PSP Go has been selling around here for that price for months :lol

Migh consider picking up a PSP 3000 to take the place of my PSP 1000 (WiFi no longer work).

If you're in NA. get the invizimals psp 3000 bundle! ^_^

PSP98887.png

krae_man

Lyte Edge said:
I (and others, I am sure) brought this up in another thread- The PSP Go has been selling for $199 for a while now at retailers like Amazon (the white Go was $200, black was still $250), Walmart, and Fry's Electronics.

What I am wondering is if some of these stores will drop the price down any further.

Finding deals online with random amazon sales, Dell.com coupon codes etc is not the same as launching the thing for $200 with some games bundled from the start.

yankee666

So no word on this SCEA?. The Go is nearly dead (if its not already) so a price drop wouldnt mean much for the system sales, but a price drop of the PSP 3k now that the holidays are around the corner, thats a different story.
SCEJ doesnt need a price drop since the PSP is doing well there, and the PSP go......... :lol

Massa

outunderthestars said:
I think this is a move designed to clear out inventory before the psp-2 unveiling.

Why would they be clearing out inventory if they're still making and shipping PSP units? They'll probably continue to do so even after the PSP2 launch, since that'll probably be at least twice as expensive and the PSP1 they can sell to kids at a more affordable price.

At the new price I would buy the Go over the 3000. I don't care about any UMD games.

But I would rather wait to see what the psp2 is all about out. The announcement is right around the corner.

I've been looking for a cheap PSP Go for a good while but every shop I go to here in Ireland has them for around €220+. Anything under €150 and I'd probably pick one up.

snoopeasystreet said:
I've been looking for a cheap PSP Go for a good while but every shop I go to here in Ireland has them for around €220+. Anything under €150 and I'd probably pick one up.

Buy it from a UK retailer or Ebay.co.uk then.

H_Prestige said:
At the new price I would buy the Go over the 3000. I don't care about any UMD games.

But I would rather wait to see what the psp2 is all about out. The announcement is right around the corner.

If you want to play the PSP's library of games then the PSP2 isn't going to be of much use to you. Providing BC for that system will be damn near impossible and would severely restrict the performance of the new system.

brain_stew said:
If you want to play the PSP's library of games then the PSP2 isn't going to be of much use to you. Providing BC for that system will be damn near impossible and would severely restrict the performance of the new system.

Actually I only care about playing ps1 games. I'm not really interested in the psp stuff :lol

(I assume ps1 emulation is a lock for any playstation device going forward?)

Mrbob

makingmusic476 said:
No drop on the 3k in NA? Are SCEA banking on God of War to keep the system afloat?

Seems silly.

It really does seem silly. I would even consider the God of War bundle at $149.99. PSP3K and PSP3K bundles should get a 50 dollar price drop as well.

seady

US will probably be:

PSP-3000 standalone : $129.99
PSP-3000 bundle : $169.99
PSP-GO : $199.99

Now I want them to drop PS3 price.

Jazzem

Nicely done, I'm getting a PSP with my brother for Christmas so this comes at a good time :D The fact he wants it solely for Kingdom Hearts (the system will be mostly mine after he's done with it) means I'm locked down on getting a 3000, which is probably for the best. Even so though, the Go is a nice piece of kit, and I can understand people championing it in the same way some (myself included) did with the Game Boy Micro.

Eric C

seady said:
US will probably be:

If the PSP drops to $129 in the US I'll probably buy a PSP-3000.

seady said:
US will probably be:

I wish I could find a PSP 1k for like $50, nothing beats the original. If the price is dropped to $100 in NA I'll pick up a 3k though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Although more interested in a PSP2, I have a ton of games I bought when I had a PSPgo, so might pick up a cheap 3000 for those plus dirt cheap UMD games. Unless it's expected for the PSP2 to be BC with downloaded PSP games, then I might wait for that

Omiee

i was wondering if i import a psp go frocanada which will coast me 120 euro or something, will i still be able to get those 10 free games..?

Jeels

Isn't the purpose of the bundle to save some money factoring in the cost of a game? That pricing structure doesn't work in that case. 149.99 sounds way too cheap, so maybe 159.99

Top Bottom