• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP still on for March 2005.

Insertia

July 1, 2004

Sony Denies PSP Delay Rumors
Officials from SCEA have denied rumors that the PlayStation Portable (PSP) will have its North American release delayed from the current target of March 2005.

The rumors, started by American Technology Research analyst P. J. McNealy, suggested that a lack of development kits being made available to developers, as well as various other suggested business and technical problems, would delay the portable console's launch by several months.

However, SCEA officials have responded by saying that, “we are on track with the launch timeline disclosed at E3 2004". This timeline schedules a Japanese launch before the end of 2004 and a US and European launch in Q1 2005 – before the end of Sony’s current financial year.

"Most people will save their cash untill they see XBOX2 at E3 2005.
Isn't N.Rev set to make an explosion then too ? - I think I'll wait."

Which is nice except the PSP isn't competing with the Xbox 2 or Revolution. It's a handheld.

puck1337

SolidSnakex said:
"Most people will save their cash untill they see XBOX2 at E3 2005.
Isn't N.Rev set to make an explosion then too ? - I think I'll wait."

Which is nice except the PSP isn't competing with the Xbox 2 or Revolution. It's a handheld.
When it's $300 and it's game-related, it's in competition. Of course, early adopters will probably pick up both, so it doesn't matter.

Insertia

Gunsmoke said:
I have nothing other than a gut feeling that if PSP is to debut in March of 2005,
it will bomb hard and take Sony with it in the process. Not suddenly, but just terribly slow and painful.

heh, and besides, E3 2005 will be 2 months after, you think people won't wait 2 months ?
Most people will save their cash untill they see XBOX2 at E3 2005.
Isn't N.Rev set to make an explosion then too ? - I think I'll wait.
NDS will be out 5 months before anyway. . . quite an uphill battle PSP isn't it ?
Imagine the size of the external battery clipped to your rist . . . going up hill. :p

you're assuming that casual Joe Gamer actually cares or even knows about E3.

Midas

They probably dont know about E3. But if MS or Nintendo will unveil their next console we can assume you'll hear "mainstream" media mention it...

Top Bottom