• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP WET CHRISTMAS DREAMS!!! PSX EMULATOR OUT!!!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Dark_Alex has released PSP firmware v3.02 OE-B, this is a custom PSP firmware with many benefits and now the ability to play your own PSX game images! No longer do you have to wait for PSOne games to show up at the store, grab and discuss the release at DA's official release thread. How can we eve repay DA? Well you can paypal him a few dollars at *snip*, this is his paypal addy and I'm sure he certainly wouldn't mind a few more bucks at this capital intensive time of year :).

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=12991

NOW we need aq proper T-082 Downgrader for all us new PSP owners who are getting the shaft!!!!!...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Time to dig out my copies of Einhander, R-Type Delta, Omega Boost, Silent Bomber, and Vib Ribbon!

chespace said:
Time to dig out my copies of Einhander, R-Type Delta, Omega Boost, Silent Bomber, and Vib Ribbon!

Che, lemme know if Vib Ribbon actually works. Didn't you need to swap in CDs to play it?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
SaggyMonkey said:
Che, lemme know if Vib Ribbon actually works. Didn't you need to swap in CDs to play it?

Well, I'm in Japan for another couple weeks so I won't get to try this shit, but Vib Ribbon didn't need to swap in CDs if you played with the original songs by Laugh and Peace. You only needed to put in your own CDs if you wanted customized music.

Now imagine a Vib Ribbon done proper on PSP that played your MP3s. :O

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Dorfdad said:
from what I read, they used the loader from hot shots golf, for each game to trick the ISO into thinking it was a PS3 store download and basically you can burn/dl your own ISO images from PSX and play away!!!

Check that link there is a full video showing castlevania loading and playing..

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=12983

Wow, sounds nice. I was under the impression that Sony made specific emulation tweaks for each of the PS1 games they released for PSP, I guess they're just using one single emulator for all games then. Unless I misinterpreted the whole thing, 'caused it sounded like they're basically using the emulator created by Sony?

Brofist

chespace said:
Well, I'm in Japan for another couple weeks so I won't get to try this shit, but Vib Ribbon didn't need to swap in CDs if you played with the original songs by Laugh and Peace. You only needed to put in your own CDs if you wanted customized music.

funny I can't play my games until I return to Japan, as I'm home visiting for the holidays and all my stuff is in my apt back in Japan.

can't wait to mess around with some Tobal 2 and Policenauts

**** you Sony. I've got FW3.00 and still can't download/play PSone games CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A PS3.

Now even homebrew users have a chance to play those games (for free....), what are you doing Sony?

chespace said:

You know... that probably wouldn't be too hard to fix within the emulator just to determine where the game is looking for the music, but the game might be looking for a different format of music. Or actually, without fixing the emulator... you could probably pack your own IMG with different music files in the game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FoxhoundNL said:
**** you Sony. I've got FW3.00 and still can't download/play PSone games CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A PS3.

Now even homebrew users have a chance to play those games (for free....), what are you doing Sony?

Yeah, I hope Anti-Sony will get on 3.0 soon.

Furoba

SaggyMonkey said:

There was a standard playlist as well, so you'd be limited to the tracks on the game disc.

jett

D-Member
:lol Sony WTF is up with your security issues.

Now someone has to hack Wii's emulators so that Nintendo's ripoff bullshit stops.

f@luS

More than a member.
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Get ready to die.

no kidding? there isnt anything wrong with multi CDs games?

seriously this could be the biggest thing of the year , better than any next gen system if any PSX game works fine...

Damn , FF7 /8 /9 / Resident evil xxxx / metal gear , and all the other?

ON A FREAKIN HANDHELD WERE ALL THE PSX GAMES WILL LOOKS GREAT? (see Pixel on DS)

i cant...im gonna die

Cdammen

LiquidKal @ MaxConsole Forum said:
This is a custom firmware that can only be installed from 1.5 firmware. Firmwares up to 2.8 can downgrade to 1.5 and then install this, but not if they have a TA-082 motherboard (which are fairly common now i believe)
Gotta find an old PSP :(

f@luS

More than a member.
link
Screens
Infos
movie

victorinox%20chefs%20knife%209inch%203399.jpg

f@luS

More than a member.
seriously if thats true and all psx games work like a PC emulator this is the greatest day ever

hyp

f@luS said:
seriously if thats true and all psx games work like a PC emulator this is the greatest day ever

well, all the games are running off the PSX emulator that sony built. this isn't something that someone hacked together... so you're pretty much getting spot-on emulation without any frame rate drops and whatnot.

$h@d0w

hyp said:
well, all the games are running off the PSX emulator that sony built. this isn't something that someone hacked together... so you're pretty much getting spot-on emulation without any frame rate drops and whatnot.

Hold your horses, some games don't work properly.

But this could be down to user error - people ripping their old discs or whatnot

hyp

$h@d0w said:
Hold your horses, some games don't work properly.

But this could be down to user error - people ripping their old discs or whatnot

well, the stuff that does work, works very well. i'm just saying that the emulation is as close to perfect as you're going to get. you're right though, not all games are said to work.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dream said:
How do games that use both analog sticks work?

Very few games use both, but probably however Sony mapped them...I haven't downloaded a PS store game yet.

Majmun

Castlevaina SOTN and Silent Hill already work great, I've heard.

PAL games seem to have glitches, though...

DieH@rd

Banned
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40526

Please post your experiences with the Hacked Popstation!

Armored Core Master of Arena - Works (NTSC-U)
Armored Core Project Phantasma - Works (NTSC-U)
Azure Dreams = Works (NTSC)
Breath Of Fire 4 = Works (NTSC)
Castlevania (Symphony) = Fullspeed, Perfect Sound (NTSC)
Castlevania SOTN (NTSC-J) - Works
Chrono Cross = Works (NTSC)
C-12 Final Resistance = Works (PAL)
Crash Bandicoot 1 = Works (NTSC)
Crash Bandicoot 2 = Works (NTSC)
Dead Or Alive = Works with special dump (NTSC)
Diablo = Works (NTSC)
Duke Nukem Time to Kill = Works (PAL)
Duke Nukem Total Meltdown = Works (NTSC)
Earth Worm Jim 2 = Works (NTSC)
Final Fantasy 6 = Works (NTSC) "From FF Anthology"
Final Fantasy 7 = Fullspeed, Perfect Sound (NTSC)
Final Fantasy 8 = Perfect (NTSC)
Final Fantasy 9 = Perfect (NTSC)
Final Fantasy Tactics = Fullspeed, Perfect Sound (NTSC)
Gran Turismo 2 (NTSC) Works + "Full Speed"
Gran Turismo = Works (PAL)
Grand Theft Auto 2 = Works (PAL)
Harvestmoon: Back To Nature = Works (NTSC)
ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2 = Perfect (PAL)
King's Field = Works (NTSC)
Loaded = Not Working (NTSC)
Legend of Mana = Works (NTSC)
Lunar 1 and 2 = Works (NTSC?)
Medievil 2 = Works Perfect (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid = Fullspeed, Perfect Sound (NTSC)
Metal Slug X = Works (NTSC)
Monopoly = Works with Screen Problem < This is Prolly cause of PAL!
Medal of Honor = Works (PAL)
Mortal Kombat 4 = Works (NTSC)
Persona = Works (NTSC)
Rayman = Works (NTSC)
Resident Evil 1 = Works (NTSC)
Soul Blade = Works although not at fullspeed? (NTSC)
Silent Hill = Works (NTSC)
Suikoden 2 = Works with problems, Music stutters in intro movie. (NTSC)
Tekken 2 = Works (NTSC) *Using own copy*
Tekken 3 = Works Perfect (NTSC)
The Granstream Saga = Works (NTSC)
Tecmo's Deception = Works (NTSC)
The Smurfs = Works (NTSC)
Tombi = Works (PAL)
Time Crisis - Project Titan = Works (NTSC)
Tales of Destiny = Works (NTSC)
Tobal No. 1 = Works (NTSC?)
Twisted Metal 2 = Works (NTSC)
Vandal Hearts = Works (NTSC)
Wild9 = Works (NTSC)
Xenogears = Works (NTSC)

:)
Some PAL games are buggy, but majority of NTSC works fine.

neptunes

holy crap :D

I might be able to finish ff9 now

what is the difference between Works and Perfect?

does"works" imply bugs or what?

Top Bottom