• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PSP2PC] Play your PSP games on your PC (even with joystick)

neptunes

Short demonstration
http://news-future.de/remoteJoy/

Emanuel of NGine Software has a very detailed How-To on controlling your PSP using your computer keyboard, and simultaneously view the screen from your PC in real-time. Yep, all those lol-kitteh image macros should come to mind: "your in your PSPz, and yur nowhere nearz it."

Now before you head to the How To, there are a few prerequisites: First you need an PC , a PSP running Firmware 3.40 OE, although they do note that other versions may work; and a few software packages, the SVN versions of PSPLINK and RemoteJoy.

this is for playing GAMES only. not the xmb.

1)
put these four prx's
psplink.prx (Located in the seplugins folder of the download)
psplink_user.prx (Located in the psplink folder of the download)
remotejoy.prx(Located in the Seplugin folder of the download)
usbhostfs.prx(Located in the psplink folder of the download)
in ms0:seplugins
2. have a game.txt in ms0:seplugins which containes the following two lines
ms0:/seplugins/psplink.prx
ms0:/seplugins/remotejoy.prx
3. Enable both psplink.prx and remotejoy.prx from the recovery menu.
4. Run Start-USBHostFS_PC.bat
5. Run Start-RemoteJoy.bat
6. Start the game/homebrew you want to try. You will hear the usb connecting sound from the computer right after the sony intro screen. then the image should show up on the remotejoy screen.

a few notes.
1) some games dont work. the psp will freeze. just start the process over again.
2) some games have a slow frame rate. thats life
3) if you want to make comptability better, start the game. uplug the usb. let the save data load. then plug the usb in again.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/How-to-Con...screen-from-your-PC-/pg/49/aid/92284#comments

this would be awsome, but unless this is a different one than I read the other day, its for linux only

playing PSP on my computer screen with my PS3 controller would be amazing

neptunes

Linkzg said:
this would be awsome, but unless this is a different one than I read the other day, its for linux only

playing PSP on my computer screen with my PS3 controller would be amazing
It works for PC

awesome, then this is different from what I saw the other day.

First you need an PC running Linux, they used Ubuntu 7.04)

unless Ubuntu is something that allows you to run Linux things on windows, what is this all about?

nevermind, I read more and someone got it working in windows.

neptunes

just tried it, it works for me, but the fps dips a bit(probably my shitty pc)

pretty neat actually

5zozxnd.jpg

Top Bottom