• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Price Cut. $299/$349 down from $399/$449

Leonidas

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...able-at-a-great-value-starting-at-299-99-usd/

We have some great news for those who have been waiting to jump into PlayStation VR. Starting tomorrow, March 29, we’re reducing the MSRP of PS VR, now starting at $299.99 USD/379.99 CAD (MSRP).

Here are the PS VR bundles included in the MSRP reduction.

PlayStation VR Doom VFR Bundle
$299.99 USD/379.99 CAD (MSRP)
Originally $399.99 USD/499.99 CAD (MSRP)

• Includes a PS VR headset, PlayStation Camera, PS VR Demo Disc 2.0 and the Doom VFR Blu-ray Disc. Doom VFR brings the fast-paced, kinetic gameplay fans of the series love as an all-new virtual reality experience.
PlayStation VR The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Bundle
$349.99 USD/449.99 CAD (MSRP)
Originally $449.99 USD/579.99 CAD (MSRP)

• Includes the PS VR headset, PlayStation Camera, two PlayStation Move controllers, the PS VR Demo Disc 2.0 and the Skyrim VR core game and all official add-ons. Skyrim VR brings to life the epic open world of The Elder Scrolls in an immersive virtual reality experience.

This is a similar price to the recent PSVR v2 sales that have been happening occasionally. Looking forward to seeing what the new sale prices end up being, could be interesting around Black Friday...

Spheyr

Banned
I've had a Vive for a while now. It's good to see VR getting a foothold/bigger userbase. It can only help everyone interested in VR in the long run regardless of what platform people buy.

teresa

Banned
Wonderful! this is unforeseen. Sony is betting everything with VR now and v2 models are the more up to date ones with HDR go through, the first models did not have that component making it a problem to utilize HDR on your television while PSVR is associated...

Read an interesting thing concerning on best gaming CPU

Nikodemos

The standard bundle does not include Moves, right?
They could offer a sale bundle for $/€249 that includes those.

splattered

They must know Microsoft are gonna reveal their VR plans this year so they're trying to undercut and get a bigger user base while they still can.. Haha jk! I've been holding off on psvr because of price, I might actually consider this now during a sale depending on what happens at E3.

Dubloon7

Banned
VR is still not worthwhile investment as content is minimal, and buy in day 1 price it outrageously too high

Last edited:

WaterAstro

v2 models are the newer ones with HDR pass-through, the original models lacked that feature making it a hassle to use HDR on your TV while PSVR is connected...
Ah, well I'm hoping for the premium quality screen or whatever. Probably going to be a long wait for it.
They must know Microsoft are gonna reveal their VR plans this year so they're trying to undercut and get a bigger user base while they still can.. Haha jk! I've been holding off on psvr because of price, I might actually consider this now during a sale depending on what happens at E3.
Well they have hololens. Cost about $3000 for devs. No consumer price yet.

gspat

VR is still not worthwhile investment as content is minimal, and buy in day 1 price it outrageously too high

I still say the same thing about the switch. (600 canadian rupees to play zelda is too much for me)

But... 150+ games (not apps or experiences) with even more on the way is nothing to sniff at.

gspat

Must be missing something, no edit feature?

Wipeout is awesome in VR! Much better looking than I was expecting.

One of the few games I've had the twinge with, but it's very minor.

This is odd considering a PSVR2 is at least a year away, unless they're targetting late 2018 which might not be the smartest move if they release the next PS4 iteration in 2019.

But this tells a lot about both it's success and how cheap it is to manufacture, it's really a shame that it needs the bulk of the break-out box....

Top Bottom