• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR2 should be Sony's gateway back into Portable Gaming

onQ123

Once the price go down on the headset introduce a mini rugged PS5 with a handle like GameCube pack it in with the PSVR2 . Start off with this then later on make it smaller & have a battery pack or they could make a portable PS4 right now with with USB-C video out that can also be powered by USB-C .

onQ123

What A.I algorithm do you use to make up these threads?
nLU1zRu.gif

Gamerguy84

Already beat you to it. I plan on throwing a 5000 watt gas generator in the bed of my truck and running all cables through rear middle window. Since my truck is also a 5G Hotspot there's my internet.

Anyway Onq your usually pretty forward thinking but maybe a little too forward on this.

Goalus

When it requires a cable that is connected to an external box in order to function at all? That's not very portable.

Last edited:

onQ123

Already beat you to it. I plan on throwing a 5000 watt gas generator in the bed of my truck and running all cables through rear middle window. Since my truck is also a 5G Hotspot there's my internet.

Anyway Onq your usually pretty forward thinking but maybe a little too forward on this.

It might not be as far away as some might think right now you need a TV to setup the PSVR2 for the 1st time but in the future Sony might have it so you only need to hook it up to the PS5 which would bring us halfway there. A few die shrinks & PS5 will be small & only need to be near an outlet so you could take it anywhere & game using PSVR2 as your main display. Time passes & we get another die shrink & USB-C power supply which would mean you only need a USB-C battery pack to play it anywhere you want.

You should be able to hook PSVR2 up Smartphones with USB-C video output right now. I'm not sure if Nintendo Switch sends power out of it's USB-C port but if it does you should be able to hook it up to the PSVR2 & use it as a head mounted display right now. This isn't some foolishness it's a USB-C head mounted display all it need is a portable source to be used on the go.

I'm typing to you on a portable source that I hook up to my USB-C monitor all the time

That you don't realize the power draw involved here or just how unrealistic this is, is baffling to me.

The idea that you'd get more than an hour or two, and that even at a couple of hours there would be any value in that to the mainstream... You're so off base here, that it's clear that you came to a conclusion and worked backward from there, otherwise I have no idea how this path could have lead you where you ended up.

onQ123

That you don't realize the power draw involved here or just how unrealistic this is, is baffling to me.

The idea that you'd get more than an hour or two, and that even at a couple of hours there would be any value in that to the mainstream... You're so off base here, that it's clear that you came to a conclusion and worked backward from there, otherwise I have no idea how this path could have lead you where you ended up.

For now it would still plug into an outlet for PS5 but in the future there could be a PS5 that can be powered by USB-C .

But as far as using PSVR2 as a HMD it shouldn't use any more power than a smartphone .

Impotaku

Move on people, sony isn't ever going to make another handheld they tried twice & they fucked it up. No amount of fantasy wishing is ever going to will another into existence.

yurinka

Once the price go down on the headset introduce a mini rugged PS5 with a handle like GameCube pack it in with the PSVR2 . Start off with this then later on make it smaller & have a battery pack or they could make a portable PS4 right now with with USB-C video out that can also be powered by USB-C .
We already talked about this topic many times. Instead of creating a new thread I'd suggest you to use one of previous ones. Like the one we were using a handful days ago.

Last edited:
Move on people, sony isn't ever going to make another handheld they tried twice & they fucked it up. No amount of fantasy wishing is ever going to will another into existence.

I wouldn't say never here.

As Sony's mobile games development matures, they may look at a dedicated machine to handle many of their mobile games. Where mobile would be like PC as their handheld is to consoles.

There's actually quite a bit of potential for a future handheld.

In particular, if they ever created a PC storefront, I think that would also increase the odds of them having a handheld.

Flutta

Banned
Bruh what is this take….. thread quality is in GAF keeps dropping.

You deserve a month ban for this.

I kid i kid 😂

sachos

What A.I algorithm do you use to make up these threads?
This is what ChatGPT says:

"Yo, listen up my fellow gamers! I had the most epic idea ever - what if Sony made a mini portable PS5 with a GameCube handle and USB-C support to use with the upcoming PSVR2 VR headset? Like, imagine being able to take your sick PS5 games with you everywhere you go, without sacrificing any of that sweet power and graphics. And with the addition of a GameCube-style handle, you could literally play it anywhere, like in the bathroom or even while skydiving! And when you're ready to dive into the VR world with the PSVR2, you won't have to worry about messy cables or anything, 'cause this bad boy would have USB-C support. I know there might be some challenges to overcome, but just think about how game-changing this could be! Sony, if you're listening, make my dreams come true and give us a mini portable PS5 with a GameCube handle and USB-C support - it's what all the coolest gamers want!"

midnightAI

As wrong as this seems to be, I think it is this type of approach that Apple will use with their headset. A slim lightweight headset with all the processing + battery on an external device not too much bigger than a mobile phone (probably much thicker, but mostly batteries taking up the space/weight). That way they keep all of the weight, heat, size out of the headset and still have a powerful device with a decent battery life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom