• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 6-7 2014

There's been a lot of people waiting at the Box Office to get their wristbands. I am thinking of lining up for the keynote no later than 7:00 AM. And that would be worst-case.

There's been a lot of people waiting at the Box Office to get their wristbands. I am thinking of lining up for the keynote no later than 7:00 AM. And that would be worst-case.

Do you happen to know the box office hours? lol I know it is a random question, but I'll be arriving around 5 AM in the morning

Update: Called. they open at 830. I wonder if I can still get into the keynote without the wristband, but with my ticket....oh man

Do you happen to know the box office hours? lol I know it is a random question, but I'll be arriving around 5 AM in the morning

Update: Called. they open at 830. I wonder if I can still get into the keynote without the wristband, but with my ticket....oh man
I would imagine you would still be able to get into the keynote if you get to the box office and pick up your wristband right as they open.

Damn, I'm in the same situation. Well, I guess I'll be waiting at the box office in the morning. This really sucks--I thought we could pick up the tickets at any time tonight.

Mims

Sorry to ask a stupid question but where do you take your tickets to redeem them for the wristband? Just got my free tickets from the USO.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Sorry to ask a stupid question but where do you take your tickets to redeem them for the wristband? Just got my free tickets from the USO.
I'm in the same boat.

Schryver

Still trying to decide if I wanna drive over for this.

From the Venetian website:
Each attendee must exchange his or her ticket for a wristband for entry into exhibit hall. Wristbands can be picked up starting on Thursday, December 4 through Sunday, December 7 at any Venetian/Palazzo Box office or on Saturday, December 6 and Sunday, December 7 outside of The Sands Expo Hall C. Attendee will be required to show valid government issued photo ID as well as a physical ticket, print-at-home ticket or mobile ticket to receive wristband.

So the question is how early will the Sands Expo ticket redemption area open tomorrow. And if it's not earlier than the box office, will waiting to get the wristband at 8:30 be early enough to make it into the keynote (limited to 5500 people)

Trevelyan

Banned
I would imagine you would still be able to get into the keynote if you get to the box office and pick up your wristband right as they open.

That's what I'l be doing. I won't be at the Venetian until about 8pm this evening - I'd assume the box office is closed by then. I'll just get up early and wait in line first thing tomorrow.

One more question - when they say present a ticket - are they referring to the email you get when you made your payment? All i ever received was my payment confirmation - nothing that looked like an actual ticket.

Oh good, thanks for asking

So if we ordered on ticketmaster we have to get a physical ticket which then becomes a wrist band?

And the box office doesn't open til 8:30?

The Venetian said the box office usually opens at 10:00 AM but they're opening early at 8:30 tomorrow.

One more question - when they say present a ticket - are they referring to the email you get when you made your payment? All i ever received was my payment confirmation - nothing that looked like an actual ticket.
I had my confirmation email ready, but all I was asked for was my photo ID and the charge card I used to purchase the tickets.
So if we ordered on ticketmaster we have to get a physical ticket which then becomes a wrist band?
I ordered through the Venetian's website, so I don't know if that is any different. See above for the process I went through.

UF7L9jy.jpg

I had my confirmation email ready, but all I was asked for was my photo ID and the charge card I used to purchase the tickets.

I ordered through the Venetian's website, so I don't know if that is any different. See above for the process I went through.

Did they give you the wristband or just tickets?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Has anyone used the free tickets to get the wristband today? Where do I go?

Speedwagon

Head into the Venetian and follow signs for the Sands Expo Center. There's a box office past the cigar shop and another further down toward the Sands (to the right of the mini cafe).
Thank you very much!

krae_man

Gold and Silver Pawn Shop is Tiny.

They sell more tourist crap then regular stuffs.

Wanted an old man silver coin but not for $90.

Killah

How long is the Venetian open till? I'm currently on my flight, and I won't touch down till around 8:30. Would I be too late to pick up my wrist band?

How long is the Venetian open till? I'm currently on my flight, and I won't touch down till around 8:30. Would I be too late to pick up my wrist band?

No, the PS blog said one of the box offices would be open until 10.

Each attendee must have a PlayStation Experience wristband for entry into the show. Wristbands can be picked up at any Venetian/Palazzo Box Office from 10:00AM - 10:00PM, or outside of The Sands Expo Hall C starting at 8:30AM on Saturday. Please bring a valid form of ID to receive your wristband. Attendees must be 18+ to enter.

Going to bed soon. Again, I should get there around 8:30am. I'll check the thread when I wake up so it'd be cool you guys arriving earlier could keep the rest of us posted. Not sure what the best way to get a group together pre-keynote is but we'll see what happens.

Get hype!

vYZTbyn.jpg

Well, they didn't have my type of room available cause they overbooked, so I got a hospitality suite. This is my private backyard thorough my back door.

Melchior

Local here. Looks like I won't be able to leave for the sands until around 9am. I probably won't make it to the keynote :'(. Pretty excited though this will be my first con/event I've been to.

Top Bottom