• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 Development Thread

Ultimadrago

14498639527ru5s.png

As to not be stuck in the initial announcement thread, this will be a thread dedicated to discussing incoming news on the development of Double Fine's upcoming project following the brain cult title, Psychonauts: Psychonauts 2.

The game's development has been funded through backers and investor's alike through Tim Schafer's partnered crowdfunding website, FIG. The campaign was formally announced at last years Game Awards and the results are as followed: Psychonauts FIG website

-$3,829,024 out of $3,300,000 (as funded through the FIG website including direct "Rewards" tiers and Investment Pledges. This does not include PayPal purchases, to my knowledge.)

Platforms planned: PC, OSX, Linux, PS4 and XBOX One.

As stated before, in this thread I will post news provided through the Backer Bulletins that will give updates on Backer Information, new videos and ultimately, the game at large. This along with other new updates about the game from other forms of press will be appreciated and posted.

=================================================

Here is the first Backer Bulletin:

Greetings backers!

We wanted to send word that your first batch of digital rewards will be ready very soon! You should all hear from Humble some time this week with links for the wallpapers, and concept art pack unlocked through the hard work of the PSI Cadets, plus your code for Psychonauts 1 on PC, Mac and Linux.

Keep your eyes peeled for mails from Humble, unless of course your skills of clairvoyance are up to scratch, in which case you'll know exactly when yours is due to arrive.

1453851825xwuq4.jpg

Devs Play: Rayman 2 with Michel Ancel

We owe you two more Devs plays, and we saved the best to last! The legendary creator of the Rayman series, Michel Ancel, very kindly travelled all the way from Montpellier, France to record this very special episode of Devs play with us!

Join Michel, Tim and Lee as they play through Rayman 2: The Great Escape! But stay tuned you guys! We'll be airing the Season Finale of Devs Play on Thursday, and Michel will be joining us again for that one too!

1453852353juu58.jpg

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Congratulations to our friends at inXile for launching their latest game into Early Access today!

Torment: Tides of Numenera is a new RPG from the creators of Planescape: Torment, and is totally worth checking out!

1453852241m6ud9.png

UPDATES:

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7

Rhombus of Ruin:

Rhombus of Ruin will be an in-between Virtual Reality title for the PSVR released before Psychonauts 2, with the help of Sony Entertainment. This story will take place right after the end of Psychonauts 1. This will be a first-person game with more puzzle-solving than pure platforming.

Update: Release Date for Rhombus of Ruin is February 21, 2017 via Spaff from January 30th PS Blog

Rhombus of Ruin Gameplay 1 - E3 - Tim Schafer gives Geoff a brief tour of the starting point of the PSVR title
Rhombus of Ruin Gameplay 2 - E3 - 9 Minute Pre-Alpha Footage

Rhombus of Ruin 360 View Trailer - Release Date Announcement PS Blog

Rhombus of Ruin Launch Trailer

The Making of Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin

NeoGAF Review Thread (Unofficial collection of review scores from various online journalists)

Last edited:

Salsa

I weirdly don't like Raz in the new art. hope he's somewhat changed

I know he's mostly the same but something's off

Ultimadrago

We’re happy to inform you that your first batch of rewards from the Psychonauts 2 Fig campaign are ready for you to enjoy! Head on over to your Humble page using the link below and you’ll find download links for:

- Psychonauts 1 on PC, Mac and Linux.
- A pack of original Psychonauts Concept art unlocked by the PSI Cadets.
- A pack of wallpapers by Natasha Allegri, Pendleton Ward, Rex Crowle, Cory Schmitz, Zac Gorman and our very own Levi Ryken, also unlocked by hardworking PSI Cadets.

Just got this e-mail. Heads up to backers that the first set of rewards have been nade available via Humble Bundle.

wwm0nkey

I'll post it here too

Hello Psychobackers!
So much Psychonaut news is in the air!

First of all, the original PlayStation 2 version of The Excellent Game Psychonauts is now available in the PlayStation Store for PS4, in addition to PS3. (Out in Europe in a few weeks time, when the PEGI rating goes through!) The new PS4 version features widescreen support, faster load times, and trophies. It's a great way to go back and wander alone at night along the perfectly-safe paths of Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp! One word of caution: The squirrels are all LIARS.

Psychonews™ item #2: Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, our Psychonauts Adventure in Virtual Reality, is going to be shown for the very first time next week at E3! New Psychonauts content for the first time in over 10 years! More info on that game below.

Oh, and finally, we're making a sequel to Psychonauts! Surprise!

body_width.jpeg

Wait, you already knew that? But how...? Are you psychic?

Oh, that's right. You made it possible! Well, you'll be happy to know that Psychonauts 2 is going well. We are working through the pre-production phase, taking advantage of this time where a lot of our team is busy on Rhombus of Ruin or shipping Headlander (a non-Psychonauts game that nonetheless focuses on heads) to do something I've always wanted to do: Get ahead on the design! Amazing!

And leading that charge is new-ish Double Finer and Psychonauts 2 Lead Designer Zak McClendon! We are super excited to have Zak join us for the project, mostly because now all the great designers we know in the industry who have been telling us how great Zak is for years will finally pipe down. Pre-Fine, Zak was Design Director at Harmonix, Inc. and before that he was the Lead Designer on Bioshock 2. He is super smart and his talents are as supple and versatile as his hair. And if you don't believe me you can watch 2 Player Productions' mini-documentary on the man—A Zakumentary if you will.

Zak has been leading company-wide brainstorming sessions, gathering our collective thoughts on The Excellent Game ten years later—working out what we are still proud of, and what we want to make better. Because, I'm not sure if you remember the video we made with the champagne and tiny fireworks, but we want this sequel to be the best game ever. So we've been taking a deep look into the first game, analyzing the mechanics, identifying the heart of the game play, and prioritizing the feature set to better support it. We want to revamp the collectibles, the PSI Powers, the interface, to make sure they all feel great, do useful things, and support the narrative of the game.

body_width.jpeg

We will never reveal the secret, codified meaning of the pushpins' colors!

body_width.jpeg

A storm of brains

Along with this, Zak’s been leading the whole studio in brainstorming brand new ideas for moves, powers, combat, collectables, gameplay systems — anything and everything you can do or interact with in the game. These have all gone up on a huge board of 3x5 cards and we’ve begun the process of winnowing down to the ideas we think we’ll tackle (or at least will start prototyping). A lot of the details of these will be worked out when we start building them, but we have a pretty good high level idea of the gameplay goals, scope, and specific features for the game right now. An outline, if you will.

body_width.jpeg

We have another whole board that just says, "Super Amazing Features."

We've also been designing the game's Mental Worlds (i.e. the "brains," or levels in the game). Which of course involves even more 3x5 cards and marker sniffing. If you'll indulge my rambling for a minute, I'll try to explain my THEORY OF BRAINS™

I believe each mental world gets its character from a unique combination of five main elements:

1. A specific host
Boyd is a guard. Edgar is a painter. Fred is an orderly.

2. A mental condition
Boyd is paranoid, Edgar is creatively blocked by rage, Fred is tortured by feelings of failure.

3. A base setting
Boyd's house is in a suburb. Edgar is in a spanish village. Waterloo World takes place on the hex tiles of a board game.

4. An aesthetic twist
Boyd's suburb is flavored by 1950s cold war paranoia. Edgar's village is painted on black velvet. Fred's board game uses Napoleonic France as its visual theme.

5. A gameplay twist
The streets of Boyd's neighborhood are twisted into gravity-defying ribbons. Edgar streets are patrolled by a giant bull. And Raz goes through several, nested scale changes in Waterloo world
There you go—a numbered list! What was once scary art and inspiration-dependent is now a simple, quantifiable scientific formula, no more threatening than the instructions on a box of instant oatmeal! Games are easy!

For Psychonauts 2 we created lists of ideas for each of those five elements. We wrote them on 3x5 cards, shuffled them up, dealt them out, re-dealt them out, and then dealt them out just three more times, until we hit on combos that got us excited. Some of the best ideas come from the strangest combos, so unsurprisingly, this method has led us to some surprising places. We write the best ones down, and generated a list of approximately three million brain ideas. Next we looked for the most logical (and sometimes, least logical) place to insert them into the story. Presto! Instant game! Easy!

body_width.jpeg

The hi-tech solutions are always the best!

Okay, so maybe "easy" isn't the right word. But it is fun. And you'll be happy to know that 2 Player Productions is filming every meeting. I'm not sure what format or schedule their final documentary is going to have, but they're recording everything, and one way or the other you'll get to see the Gelbwurst get made. (Gelbwurst is a delicious sausage made of BRAINS. Popular with German zombies.)

While all that brainy stuff has been going on, we've also been prototyping the mechanics and visual direction of the game.

"But Tim," you say, "How are you doing that if so much of the team is working on Rhombus of Ruin and Headlander?" Well with the help of our friends at The Molasses Flood, of course!

The Molasses Flood is an indie game studio based in Boston formed by many ex-Bioshock veterans, and known for their excellent, crowdfunded rouguelike survival game The Flame in the Flood. We have never shipped a game in Unreal before, and they have, and so their wisdom and experience is flowing thickly all around us, like a wave of sweet, sticky... uh I don't know... Caro Syrup? Using some old animations and some new, they've got Raz up and running around in a metrics test room, performing prototype versions of Raz's basic move set, plus some simple psychic powers. This forms a great test bed upon which we can try all sorts of new movements and PSI powers for Raz and start building out or world.

Alongside that, they are also turning some of Peter Chan’s original concept art from the first game into new props and environments to explore what the "wonky" Psychonauts art style could look like on modern hardware, with all of Unreal 4's bells and whistles. This will help us set a bar for visual fidelity that is both true to the original, but also contemporary and awesome looking.

body_width.jpeg

TMF rebuilt some elements from the original game so we could have a common point of reference when talking about Psychonauts 2's updated look. Here you can see Zak typing at the art.

Getting back into the Psycho-Saddle has been a blast, revisiting the old characters, digging up the old art, reconnecting with old team members--but also dreaming up new characters, creating new art, and working with new team members like Zak and skilled collaborators like The Molasses Flood.

body_width.jpeg

Scott C. shares some some early character ideas with us, along with some good vibes

And we did jump right back into it--the day after the Psychonauts 2 Fig campaigned closed, I was in the sound studio with Khris Brown and Richard Horvitz recording voice for the Rhombus of Ruin. We were talking about Raz and his motivation and the nature of his relationship with Lili—It was like picking up a conversation with an old friend after ten years of not talking, and having it feel like it was all just yesterday!

body_width.jpeg

Richard Horvitz (Raz), Tim Schafer (Television's Tim Schafer), and Khris Brown (Voice producer/director) celebrating a good day of recording with the Raz dance.

body_width.jpeg

Nicki Rapp (Lili), Alexis Lezin (Milla), and Tim Schafer (Caption Writer) in the studio for Rhombus of Ruin.

body_width.jpeg

Nicki in one of her sadder moments.

body_width.jpeg

Stephen Stanton, voice of Sasha Nein, champion of good taste.

I hope you feel the same way as you watch this adventure come together—we couldn't do it without you!

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin

One of the things that's helping us make Psychonauts 2 is that we're not going in cold. We get to warm up the world of the Psychonauts by making another game! Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is a completely original, stand-alone adventure that takes place right after the end of Psychonauts, and ends right before the events of Psychonauts 2. It's funded by Sony and exclusive to PlayStation VR.

As you will recall, Psychonauts ended with Raz, Lili, Sasha, Milla, and the Coach jumping in the camp jet, flying off to rescue Truman Zanotto—the Grand Head of the Psychonauts (and Lili's father)! No longer just a camper, Raz is now going on his first real Psychonaut mission with his lifelong heroes and new girlfriend by his side. Did I say girlfriend? Is that premature? Ah who cares. Labels are for cans!

In PitRoR (an acronym we don't actually use but I'm going to pretend we do for the purposes of this update) Raz uses his PSI powers to manipulate the world around him and solve puzzles. His clairvoyance ability allows him to see from the point of view of other characters, and by jumping from POV to POV, the player can navigate the environment, hunt for Truman Zannotto, and free him from his mysterious kidnappers. All while Raz AND the player are wearing cool goggles.

body_width.jpeg

The Rhombus of Ruin team, sharing cool goggles nicely.

We are going to be showing PitRoR for the first time ever next week at E3. If you're curious, you should be able to get a glimpse of it on the PlayStation Blog or one of a bunch of different E3 streams we’ll be popping in on!

Enough psycho-babble! Where are my rewards?
We have manufacturing quotes on all the physical rewards, and are starting to prototype and design everything with the hope of shipping a fair amount of it by the end of the year. We’ll make sure to share more pictures and designs of that stuff as soon as we can!

Once again, thank you for backing Psychonauts 2! And thanks for reading this first of many updates about the game. Next time, more pictures. Until then, See you at E3 and PAX West!

Love,

Tim and everyone at Double Fine Productions

Ultimadrago

Thanks ww. If you run into anymore updates feel free to share them here. I would have posted the e-mail, but you posted that one really quickly! Haha. I'd like this thread to more or less have all the updates closely accessible as we follow development.

wwm0nkey

Thanks ww. If you run into anymore updates feel free to share them here. I would have posted the e-mail, but you posted that one really quickly! Haha. I'd like this thread to more or less have all the updates closely accessible as we follow development.
I'm at a PC all day anyways so I'll help with that lol

Ultimadrago

Reading the THEORY OF BRAINS method as an activity for brainstorming put a smile on my face.

And yes, as you said in the other thread m0nkey, the base movement animations are already looking promising in the alpha footage. I'm eager to see how Raz animates PSI abilities later on!

Ultimadrago

Thanks for the update Cecil! I'm at work ao I'll likely have to catch the archive.

Anyone feel free to post some bulletpoints if anything interesting crops up!

They said they were just going to do the E3 games, so Psychonauts VR, Headlander, possibly Gangbeasts again, and maybe Gnog. No Psychonauts 2.

This Broken Age dvd is looking sweet btw.

Aww, well I'd take some Psychonauts VR details!

They said they were just going to do the E3 games, so Psychonauts VR, Headlander, possibly Gangbeasts again, and maybe Gnog. No Psychonauts 2.

This Broken Age dvd is looking sweet btw.

Ah, ok. Read the tweet from the design lead of Psychonauts 2 as all their projects.

Boem

Ah, ok. Read the tweet from the design lead of Psychonauts 2 as all their projects.

Who knows, they might talk about it anyway though! I got an e-mail from Double Fine about this, which is what I was basing my claim on. They just mentioned the E3 games in that.

I like this behind the scenes look at Psychonauts VR.

Who knows, they might talk about it anyway though! I got an e-mail from Double Fine about this, which is what I was basing my claim on. They just mentioned the E3 games in that.

I like this behind the scenes look at Psychonauts VR.

They're actually bringing in Zak from the Psychonauts 2 team now. :)

Boem

They're actually bringing in Zak from the Psychonauts 2 team now. :)

Yup, you were right!

For people who have missed it: I was kind of distracted by something else for a bit so I might have missed something, but it was mainly a 'get to know the lead designer' thing. The only thing they really confirmed is that they're trying to build the opening area (with the cabins) from the first game to test the engine, so they have a way to test the artstyle and new gameplay etc. Not that the area will end up in the game, just as an internal test area.

Headlander is going to be so damn good. Stacking is still one of my favorite DF games, and this seems close to it while being something completely different. Completely in love with this already.

Ultimadrago

Behind the Scenes at Double Fine Productions!

(Minor Spoiler Warning: This video does unveil a previously unknown character for Rhombus of Ruin and/or Psychonauts 2)

Sorry for the old video, but I completely missed this and it does go into lightly speaking with some of the staff working on Rhombus of Ruin. It's more of a fun little overall tour. Alright to look at while waiting on meatier updates for Rhombus of Ruin and Psychonauts 2).

Cool.

2PP is also doing a documentary for this game, right? I kinda miss getting those from DFA.

Nah, no documentary in the same way they did for Double Fine Adventure. But they are filming the whole time, and will release smaller parts, like the one they did for the project lead in the last update.

Ultimadrago

Psychonauts 2 Update #2 - Putting the Fun of the Mental into the Fundamentals

=====
Greetings, Psychobackers!
We’re back with a chunky update for you to dig your collective teeth into and taste the sweet, sweet progress we’ve been making on the game. It’s an update we’ve been stewing on for a while as we waited for the final ingredients to come through to FIG from the mysterious kitchen of the SEC. We hope you find it delicious and not overcooked! After all, the extra time made it possible for us to come up with all of these delicious food metaphors.

Oh, and it gave us time to work on the game too! Lots of updates on our progress below, so keep reading the… uh… menu? Recipe? Okay, enough with the food stuff. Let’s tuck in; Bon Appetit!

Fig Investment Update

As you may have heard already, the fine folks at Fig just got their final approval from the SEC! This means Fig’s now able to come back and collect on the investment many of you so graciously reserved back during our campaign. This is the first time ever that fans have been able to invest in the potential profit form the sale of our food! I mean, game! And we’re so happy that’s something we get to share in with our wonderful fans! Because we love watching you eat! Okay, we’re DEFINITELY done with the food metaphors now.

Fig has tried to make it as easy to participate as possible. If you would like to invest simply go to fig.co/psy2 and follow the instructions to finalize your investment.

If you aren’t an investor but wish you were, or know someone who missed out then today is your lucky day. The opportunity to invest is still open for a little while longer, so be sure to let your friends know they can still join in on the fun! Every dollar raised through Fig can help to make Psychonauts 2 the best game it can be! And we’re working hard to assure that it’s going to be a great game.... Let’s take a look at the progress so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFqZNcMAnFo

Psychonauts 2 update

Psychonauts 2 is currently in a stage of development we aptly call Pre-Production. What it means is that a small team is busy getting everything to a basic level of readiness, so that when the full team comes on board they have everything they need to get going. The most obvious thing that needs to be created first is a basic design, a general outline of the entire game from start to finish - the story we’ll be enjoying, the locations we’ll be headed to, and all of the gameplay systems, powers, abilities, and enemies that may be in the game.

This is what a lot of Tim and Zak’s energy has been spent on over the last few months, and we now have a full outline of the game’s story mapped out at a high level, though there are many exciting details to be figured out as we start building individual pieces. The last piece of this puzzle is going to be the mental worlds themselves. The team has been brainstorming dozens and dozens of these to ensure that only the finest, most surreal, and most surprising mental landscapes are on offer for Psychonauts 2. We’ll be locking these down as we move forward, and while we’ll surely share bits and pieces from them, we’ll likely be somewhat secretive about them so not to spoil anyone.

body_width3ru6z.jpeg

Alongside the design, we also need to build out the core gameplay, and for that we need a more complete team and some time spent on prototyping! As we mentioned last time, while we wait for more team members to free themselves from other projects we’ve been working with our friends at The Molasses Flood to build out fundamental gameplay, get a handle on how our world might look on current generation hardware, and prototype new gameplay systems.

It’s been a fantastic few months working with them and with their help we now have a lot of the core gameplay fundamentals up and running. Raz is running, jumping, tightrope walking, and rolling around out his thought bubble with ease and we also have many of his powers from the first game working, like Telekinesis and PSI Blast -- though we plan to substantially rework them for this new adventure. We’ve also been able to prototype some new powers too, some promising, others a bit bonkers, or just plain bizarre. You can see some of those in the video update, and we’ll share more as we get closer to deciding what will actually end up in the game.

If you’d like to see a more detailed, technical explanation about how some of this is brought to life, the talented Gwen Frey from The Molasses Flood has put together this short tutorial video on how she tackled the Levitation Ball for Psychonauts 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99JNA0x0EJY

Enter the Metrics

Building out these fundamentals first is a key part of a healthy pre-production, especially for a sequel, and having these moves in place lets us understand our “metrics” for building out the world.

body_widthk7uzy.jpeg

The metrics of a game inform the world builders how to build out their level geometry to work properly with the core gameplay. How high can Raz jump? How far? What’s the highest ledge he can grab? What makes a hard jump versus and easy jump? How much space do you need around a ladder?

These details make a huge difference between a game world that works properly and one that feels … slightly off. While these may be tweaked throughout the project, we need to make sure they’re close to final by the time we go into full production. If any substantial changes are made it could impact the workload significantly -- let’s say we wanted to change how far Raz can jump, it would mean rebuilding all the levels to have bigger or smaller jumps, and that would be a ton of work!

Taking a trip down texture memory lane

While prototyping core gameplay and determining your metrics, it’s important to keep the art basic and work in a simple “grey box”, “playground” or “block mesh” type environment. You need to iterate quickly and working with detailed art can slow this down. Despite that, we also wanted to push forward on learning what Psychonauts might look like on current gen hardware, but we didn’t feel that our new Psychonauts 2 environments were ready to build yet.

This is how we ended up asking The Molasses Flood to create an Unreal Engine 4 reworking of the kids cabin area from Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp….

body_widthhrj3m.jpeg

It’s important to note that the summer camp will NOT actually be a playable location in Psychonauts 2 (so please don’t get too excited!). It has however proven to be an excellent testing ground for figuring out how the game might look in a modern game engine, and what newer technology might mean for the world of Psychonauts.

For instance, we now have much more resolution and texture memory to play with than we did back in the original Xbox days, and so can display information directly on a message board in the world, rather than requiring a dialogue box of text to appear, or needing a line of speech to explain things. This seems like a small thing, but things like this can have a big impact on the environmental storytelling, as can the ability to build much denser worlds, with far more decoration. Being able to play around with these things to find the perfect balance is essential, especially for an exploration based game.

body_widthi4kfd.jpeg

So yes, Whispering Rock exists in glorious, unbridled, picturesque high definition graphics, and Raz can run and bounce around it just like old times. while these shots are not indicative of the final game, (we’re still working out the details of the overall art direction) the “remastering” of these old locations not only helped us with development, it also spread a wave of excitement and nostalgia through the studio. We think seeing them might be exciting for you too, and should give you a little taste of things to come - check out the video update at the top to see it in action!

Team Schafer

At this point in the project we’ve tied up our early work with The Molasses Flood and the torch has been passed to our ever-growing internal team. Original Psychonauts world builder Geoff Soulis has joined the team as Lead World Builder after finishing up on Headlander, and has started pre-production on what will eventually become our first real level for Psychonauts 2.

Other veteran members of the team have recently come on board too, including Anna, Bagel, and Kee, and we also have some fresh meat for the circus in the forms of Zach, Tucker, Emily, Devin and Jeremy. Along with folks like Scott C, Peter Chan, and Erik Wolpaw the team is getting pretty big. That means full production is just around the corner… exciting!

We’ll check in with some of those guys in the next update, for the meantime though let’s find out who in Truman Zanotto’s beard this Geoff person is anyway, and what exactly “world building” really means, courtesy of this 2 Player Productions Action Video Profile™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1rD2apM23Y

The Return of the Food Metaphors

Well, it’s time to push back from the table, pick our teeth, and digest what we’ve taken in. We’ve come to the end of our information banquet, and we hope you’re full--perhaps a little over full, to the point where you’re a little worried about throwing up so you just sit still and focus on your breathing until the feeling passes. And then maybe you fall asleep at the table and begin to snore as a team of servants silently swarm around you, changing you into your pajamas and carrying you off to bed. At least, that’s how most nights end at MY house.

Thank you for reading this update and watching all the videos. I hope you like what you saw of the game so far! Thank you for being so patient as we waited for the final details of our unaccredited investment to go through. We’re trying to do something really new here, and although it can be a lot of work sometimes, we hope you enjoy breaking new ground along with us.

Please remember to tell your friends that it’s still possible to invest in Fig Game Shares for Psychonauts 2 for a little while longer. There is a set number of game shares available to purchase, and when they’re gone they’re gone! So come and get your piece of mind now! :)

One more thing!

We'll leave you with one final parting gift until our next update, a perfectly sized digestif. A wafer-thin mint.

2 Player Productions have been filming us throughout the production of Psychonauts 2, before it even began even! From their endless mountains of footage they've put together this little documentary episode which goes back to the days just before we launched this campaign. Remember those days? Before the world had the prospects of a Psychonauts sequel? Dark times. But then we brought light once more into the world with our announcement at the Game Awards, and all was made good once more. Watch how everything unfolded behind the scenes...

See you next time! THANKS FOR BACKING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8q8hMmKLI

Ultimadrago

News has been slow. There's been a recent LootCrate promotion by Tim, for a replica of Raz's Goggles, originally intended for the FIG Campaign:

Get a pair of Raz's Psychonauts Goggles in the Mad Science Loot Crate

+ 20% off!

1484767924y8a1l.gif

Dearest Backers of Psychonauts 2,

We've partnered with Loot Crate to bring an exclusive Psychonauts item to this month's Mad Science themed crate: Raz's Goggles!

We initially wanted to include a pair of goggles as a reward in the Psychonauts 2 FIG campaign, but were unable to figure out the logistics and they sadly ended up being cut from the campaign. Now however we're really happy to report that our friends at Loot Crate were able to bring them to life, and they look great, as Tim bravely demonstrates below:

1484768353z5xcg.jpg

A Perfect Cosplay addition, these goggles will enhance your personal style, keep your eyes free from lint, and allow you to see just the red half of 3D movies (aka the best half)

14847696533kzoa.jpg

1484770436kvb1t.jpg

The Goggles are part of this Month's Gaming Loot Crate, which is Mad Science themed, and features items from other games like Portal and Megaman.

Seeing as you missed out being able to get these goggles in the Fig Campaign Loot Crate would like to offer this crate to Psychonauts 2 backers with a 20% discount! Simply use code PSYCHONAUTS2 at checkout.

loot.cr/psychonauts2

use code PSYCHONAUTS2 for 20% OFF

Supply is limited and sign up ends on 1/27 at 9pm PT

Top Bottom