• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG on PS4? (Engadget)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Better late than never, and hopefully they dispatch a more thought out polished version of the game.

ILLtown

It's currently not even in the top 50 most played games on Xbox One. Maybe it'll have a better chance on PS4 because it'll launch in a better state than it did on the Xbox, but maybe its time has kinda passed.

People who talk about COD in the same breadth as PUBG are way off the mark. The shooting mechanics in PUBG are lightyears ahead of anything that COD has produced and that primarily comes from a gaming engine that is decades old (COD). Yes it might be more 'polished', but that does not matter to me when the guns I shoot feel like pellet guns.

We will see but considering that even my totally not gaming friends are saying that kids those days play that Fortsomething thing instead of Minecraft they probably blew they chance to be really popular.

People who talk about COD in the same breadth as PUBG are way off the mark. The shooting mechanics in PUBG are lightyears ahead of anything that COD has produced and that primarily comes from a gaming engine that is decades old (COD). Yes it might be more 'polished', but that does not matter to me when the guns I shoot feel like pellet guns.
Not only mechanics in cod are ancient, but it's netcode is literally useless for anything competitive.

Cod runs at 10hz! :messenger_poop: It's so much worse in every way to Pubg that it's silly to even mention them in the same sentence. It's literally same as like comparing LaFerrari [Pubg] to FordKa [CoD].

Same as those who mention Fortnite the game that is designed with mechanics in mind for little children.

Last edited:

INC

PUBG plays differently from Fortnite and Blackout, doesn’t even target the exact same audience.

Not all battle royale games are the same. PUBG has a slower, more tactical pace than fortnite for example, and Blackout is much faster paced. Different strokes for different folks.

PUBG will be a hit on PS4. People will happily pay 30$ for this game!

That's a dollar for single frame rate, actually over priced per frame lol

It needs to be a high rate, or free

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We'll see but mechanically speaking it's no contest, Battlefield has been built for this kind of gameplay and world function from its inception. CoD is a fish out of water in this play environment and as I said the engine mechanics are dated. The only reasons it's being hailed as the best Battle Royale is because it's currently the most competent that has been played against PUBG which is a very low bar.

Sure the way Battlefield is handling it is a little different and it's got its own spin on it but it's search and destroy in a shrinking environment nonetheless.

I will agree with you, though Blackout will still have it's market.

But keep your expectations tempered, DICE is not doing that mode, they are contracting it out to someone else.

Last edited:
Not only mechanics in cod are ancient, but it's netcode is literally useless for anything competitive.

Cod runs at 10hz! :messenger_poop: It's so much worse in every way to Pubg that it's silly to even mention them in the same sentence. It's literally same as like comparing LaFerrari [Pubg] to FordKa [CoD].

Same as those who mention Fortnite the game that is designed with mechanics in mind for little children.
Jesus, I've played Counter-Strike for 17 years and in that game even a 66 tick server bothers me for update rate. 100 tick+ or bust and this garbage is operating at 10-20 ticks lol?

Gek54

It’s definately not more grounded.. more mature quality probably.

As much as I enjoyed the beta, got several Cod fish dinners, it felt good coming back to the more realistic PUBG.

PUBGs real guns and less over the top Sci fi cartoony universal soldier action is a little more appealing to me. I was only able to get one of my pubg friends to even try the beta and he burned out on it after the second day and he is a Cod fan.

I am sure it will make a dent but I am not seeing it being pubg killer yet.

Top Bottom