• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG vs. Ghost of Tsushima

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• PUBG

Votes: 68 20.2%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 267 79.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

52bkWOs.jpg

Arkam

Come on people read the OP and click through for context.

Ghost all day. PUBG was kinda fun for a minute, but Ghost is a simply sublime experience.

HE1NZ

Banned
PUBG's first year was an incredible experience. Every match was like a whole new story. Trying out thing you never did in any other videogame. The suspence. The tension. The camaraderie when playing with teammates. An actual stealth in a multiplayer game. No other battle royale managed to capture the magic (they're all just quake's last man standing in a large map).

Eventually it got boring and was swarmed by cheaters, but it was great while it lasted.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I think this is an unfair matching. Ghost of Tsushima is the current hot sexy thing, but PUBG created a new genre, and it is a brilliant game. It is easy to forget how brilliant it is because it is kind of yesterday's news and Fortnite steamrolled it. However, it is still the best playing BR game IMO.

Last edited:

TheMan

PUBG is kind of like the FF7 of battle royale games. So even though I personally enjoyed GOT more, you can't deny the impact PUBG has made.

That said I'm not really into BR games but that's not really relevant

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
PUBG A mediocre product that harmed the gaming industry modern vs Ghost of Tsushima a Premium product with a huge quality for people with excellent taste

No hard to choice.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
PUBG A mediocre product that harmed the gaming industry modern vs Ghost of Tsushima a Premium product with a huge quality for people with excellent taste

No hard to choice.
It's OK to just not like a game or genre lol

PUBG is fairly ambitious and was fairly unique when it launched... there's a reason it got popular, because millions found the game incredibly fun.

Ghosts is also a fun game; not nearly as ambitious though.. paint by the numbers open world game with some nice artistic flair.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It's OK to just not like a game or genre lol

PUBG is fairly ambitious and was fairly unique when it launched... there's a reason it got popular, because millions found the game incredibly fun.

Nahhh... was popular because was a Beta form and was free in their time, so youtubers dont waste money from their parents to stream the game... and this game dont even was unique... Because Capcom do a better job in the dreamcast gen.

The merit of capcom was that they dont need to steal a Idea from a Cult Japanese Movie.... that is a good movie BTW.

Top Bottom