• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Public Service Announcement: Buying Digital Codes from Amazon without US Credit Cards

tgoalves

Neo Member
I'm Brazilian. Bought a 1 year PS+ card on Amazon about 2 hours ago, no problems at all. Got the code instantly.

SmokeMaxX

I guess kind US people can help us out...but it is kind of a big deal if they crack down on it...since those prices are such a big deal!
You can try the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. A lot of people are willing to do this for international GAFers. Hell, I do it all the time. We're all a big family right?

SilentFlyer

UKgaf here, bought 2 PSN cards and Lego marvel this morning, it all worked fine.

Won't buy anything and see how this works out though. Would suck if they removed that option, I saved over £50 today

You redeemed game on UK PSN account or US PSN account? That's what I want to know that If we can redeem those digital game codes bought from US amazon on UK PSN account.

I'm from Chile and I didn't have any problems buying a PS Plus code a hour ago.

I'm afraid of buying a second code though (or more Steam games), this is like the worst news ever for me.

le.phat

Since this is a howto CC thread:

I have a european mastercard CC, and want to add it to my American PSN account. Thing is, when i add the billing adress, it has to be EXACTLY like the billing adress on the CC, but the PSN account automatically fills in 'US' in the adress.
Does anyone know how to circumvent this ? I'm missing out on all the black friday GOODNESSS

Aru

Thanks for the tip.
Using that, I can avoid currency fees from my bank. They charge 1€ minimum per transaction, so I usually have to buy for more than 55$ at once to compensate.
In case anything bad happens, I created a second account and deleted my CC info after the transaction.

I bought AC4:Black Flag digital ver. earlier today and no problems to report.
I've used fake address from Oregon...

Got the code instantly. I'm downloading the game right now :D

Provider

I bought a couple of codes this morning and haven't been able to redeem them. PSN keeps saying 'an error has occurred'. I'll try later.

Certinty

Amazon are weird.

They blocked my account and then I got an email from them saying sorry bla bla bla and then I ordered what I wanted again and it went through. No idea what game they're playing.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Well - I finally tried out this method and it worked without issue. Picked up 2 more years of PSN Plus. Thanks OP!

I've bought over $100 worth of PSN cards in November. No issue.

BUT I'm not sure. My card's addresses are definitely outside the US but it's powered by MasterCard which is American.

Anhkow

I spent over $350 on Amazon ($250 of that on PSN gift cards) since November without any issue as well. All I did was enter a US address in the address book and just switch the billing address on my European Mastercard CC when making a purchase.

Aru

Just bought 2 20$ cards using this method. I got the first code instantly, but the second is stuck in a verification process :/
I hope they don't block my account and that I won't lose the money I spent on the second card.

Top Bottom