• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World Review Thread

maxcriden

cheep_cheep_vertical.jpg

Nintendo Insider 9/10

Pullblox World satisfies a near insatiable appetite for a series that has become a beacon of brilliance on the Nintendo eShop. Crafted with undeniable genius, this downloadable release is the latest must have title that no Wii U owner should be without.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/06/05/pullblox-world-review/

Nintendo World Report 9/10

Pushmo World is a delightful HD realization of Pushmo that retains the charm of the original while adding fun new concepts.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/37605/pushmo-world-review

US Gamer 9/10

The 'Mo series has been one of Nintendo's best new properties in recent years, so it's great to see it take a leap to the Wii U. And even if you don't consider yourself a master of puzzles, the game does an excellent job of slowly breaking you into its increasing complexity. If you're willing to toss some money in Nintendo's direction, Pushmo World offers enough cerebral challenges to keep you busy throughout the summer — or whenever you need some time away from Mario Kart 8.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/pushmo-world-wii-u-review-puzzles-for-the-spatially-challenged

Polygon 9/10

Pushmo World offers a constant trickle of "A-ha!" moments

I was new to the franchise when I began playing Pushmo World, but it didn't take long to convert me into a fan. I discovered a constant trickle of "A-ha!" moments that made me feel like I was never far from progress, even when things got tough. That's exactly how I want to feel playing a puzzle game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5765910/pushmo-world-wii-u-review

Nintendo Life 8/10

Anyone who fancies a good puzzle will enjoy Pushmo World immensely. If you've never played one of these titles before, this is the most refined, complete iteration of the concept, and it's definitely the version to pick up. If you've played one of the other games before, there's not really anything new to see here, although hopefully the online community will produce fun content for years to come; aside from the familiarity, Pushmo World has no major faults. After the departure that was Crashmo (Fallblox), this is also a conservative, by-the-book sequel with that trademark Nintendo polish – you know what you're getting, but what you're getting is delicious.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/pushmo_world

Destructoid 8/10

Impressive efforts with a few noticeable problems holding it back. Won't astound everyone, but is worth your time and cash.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-pushmo-world-275594.phtml

Venture Beat 75/100

Pushmo World is a fun puzzle game, even if its presentation will make you feel like a preschooler. Still, the easy-to-use level editor really helps make it an easier recommendation to anyone looking for an interesting little addition to their Wii U library.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/05/pushmo-world-is-almost-too-cute-for-its-own-good-review/

Gamestop 7/10

Engaging, often challenging puzzles built on simple, accessible mechanics
Great difficulty curve that eases you into new concepts
Easy to create and share your own puzzlesThe Bad

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/pushmo-world-review/1900-6415782/

GameXplain - Liked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRa03NYnII

Dallas Morning News (no score)

Like its predecessors, Pushmo World is a fantastic puzzle game, full of charm and extremely enjoyable. It can be a bit slow in the beginning if you’re already familiar with the series, but it’s easy to recommend to all Wii U owners whether you played the original or not.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.co...-puzzle-game-bigger-and-better-on-wii-u.html/

pushmo4.jpg

ignata

Alright, I get Mario Kart having a two week embargo because you still need to print discs, ship them out, etc., but if Pushmo is done and is digital only, get that nonsense up on the eShop!

Vandole

God I love Pushmo.

But God did it also get kind of hard near the end. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Any puzzle game that's not nearly impossible at the end isn't worth playing. Beating them isn't even important. If you made it to those levels and didn't break your 3DS then you are a winner!

pswii60

It was great on 3DS. Innovative puzzle game with genuine charm and character, something rare these days unfortunately.

PokéKong

I wish I could just erase my memory of playing the 3DS version so I could fully enjoy this one. Or rather I wish they could have made some more variation on the game's mechanics to make it interesting for returning players.

Now I simple HD version or more of Sakura Samurai or Rolling Western, I'd dive right for that with no hesitation.

69wpm

I don't know what I expected from Gamespot. That review has no correlation with the score. Anyway, this will be my first Pushmo, I love puzzle games and I can't wait to play this one.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My body is ready to push moa

Ok that was bad

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see this game is good. I really liked Pushmo on 3DS (although I haven't finished it yet), so a Wii U version is great. Don't know how good it'll look without the 3D effect, though.

I bought it as my first 3DS-shop game. Got five minutes in and was like:

FUCKING YES, PULLBLOX.

OH... YEAH, Pullblox!...

Yeaaaaaaa...

I want Advance Wars 3DS. :/

Also, I never bothered to upload the Advance Wars custom challenges I made 2 years ago to anywhere for the 3DS version, so I might as well put them here I guess. They're all tested and are actually completable. Enjoy Push/Pull-GAF:

xMQOWtN.jpg

1631805.jpg

GtPsdqc.jpg

nrJDfwx.jpg

yOUabGQ.jpg

3vkyFpt.jpg

8w5FrXY.jpg

Kb3tSWJ.jpg

A2GioV1.jpg

OBkyIx4.jpg

RiggyRob

Review thread already? It doesn't come out for two weeks right?

I suppose it's a good sign when reviews are both early and positive.

Joey Ravn

Banned
So pumped for this! I loved Pushmo on the 3DS (never got to try Crashmo, though). I'll probably take advantage of the discount Nintendo is giving to owners of previous 'Mo games and the €5 Nintendo gave me as credit for getting the free MK8 game. Pushmo World for €2? Sold.

Just a small typo in the OP: it says Gamestop when it should be GameSpot.

JoeM86

My friend's review

Nintendo Insider - 9/10
Pullblox World satisfies a near insatiable appetite for a series that has become a beacon of brilliance on the Nintendo eShop. Crafted with undeniable genius, this downloadable release is the latest must have title that no Wii U owner should be without.

Katsuragi

Pushmo is one of the few puzzle series (apart from classics like Tetris and Panel de Pon) that I'm really into. Looks like Intelligent Systems did a good job with this game. :)

mclem

Also, I never bothered to upload the Advance Wars custom challenges I made 2 years ago to anywhere for the 3DS version, so I might as well put them here I guess. They're all tested and are actually completable. Enjoy Push/Pull-GAF:

If we're doing that, I feel I ought to repost my experimental level to see if there's any opinions on it (I didn't really finish development until the activity in the OT had pretty much died down, so maybe this can capture a new audience)

zQjun.jpg

The experiment here is that the intention was *not* to make a conventional level. It's really easy to hit the goal on this one, but that's not the target. The target is to arrange the blocks so you can get from the ground level to the goal without moving another block. The ladders are there to make it easier to get around the puzzle, but they should not be used in the final climb.

...heck, I wonder if *I* can still solve this one now.

BowieZ

Banned
Reposting my epic challenge of a pushmo from the 3DS game:

i4doQ.jpg

I'd like to see Miiverse posts of people proving completion of that one! :p

bumpkin

Pushmo and Crashmo on the 3DS were great. This will be a day one purchase for me. Best of all, I believe the DDP points for it will earn me another $5 eShop voucher. Double bonus!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is legit though as previously thought you'll get more wow and mileage out if this if you didn't already play the 3ds version.

Penguin

It is insane to have reviews go up this far in advance of release for a digital title.

I guess want to maximize timing between Kart 8 and I guess before Sports Club but if its ready

Release it

God darn it! I was saving my points for Shovel Knight but that's gone mia. Is the reduced price for Pushmo World for having previously purchased Pushmo/Crashmo a limited thing? 'cause if it isn't I'll continue to wait for Shovel Knight and grab Pushmo World at a latter date.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thought it was coming out today with all the reviews, but nope 2 more weeks. Need to resist the urge to buy it on day one so I can get the $5 credit from the free game via Mario Kart 8 promo (waiting until July 1st for the new CN reward year) & use that towards this.

gngf123

Is this still a thing?

I'm actually seeing this more recently. Only a couple of days ago I see something along the lines of "I'm tempted by Mario Kart 8, despite not being an 8 year old any more" in the Independent.

It's annoying and completely stupid.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I love this series. More than anything, I am incredibly happy that it has been selling well enough to justify three entries so far. I could play just plain old map packs for this series for years.

XaosWolf

I'm actually seeing this more recently. Only a couple of days ago I see something along the lines of "I'm tempted by Mario Kart 8, despite not being an 8 year old any more" in the Metro.

It's annoying and completely stupid.

Damn. Metro is usually pretty good considering what it is.
Did they not hear that Mario and Sonic are friends now?

MilesTeg

Banned
Guess I'll grab this when it releases. Haven't played the series before (even though I got a 3DS) but it sounds pretty great.

gngf123

tauroxd

Sol I have $45 on my eShop. $35 of those are going to Tomachi and it seems the rest is for this game. I have been wanting to but the games for 3DS but didn't and now I have been reading all over the internet that this is the definitive version even if all the puzzles are new in this game is the one to really, really get... So, should I jump on this without playing the past two ones? I knwo what it's about, so I know what I'm getting into.

maxcriden

Just wanted to check in and say I'm obscenely busy at work, but will update the OP later on. Thanks for your patience, all.

Top Bottom