• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/update.html has moon runes version of the changelog with pics. The new team editor and awakening feature are the most obvious additions. I think max box size is now 700 too.

You might not notice until you actually start PAD, but now the monster box is now left aligned instead of center aligned to give more space to the scroll bar. Why? Cause you can now drag the scroll bar to quickly move through menus. I consider this more important than Awakening because it's the only thing that makes me go "fuck I wish we were on 6.0 already" whenever I switch between apps. No more tapping the bottom or top of the screen to quick scroll!

They also spiffed up the animation that happens when you heal in battle, which you will notice exactly once cause it's different then ignore forever cause it's so subtle. Well the gray life bar telling you how much you'll heal isn't.
I did notice that about the heal thing. That it gives you an estimation of how much life you will heal.

Updated monster box: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=1523

20131004_MBox.jpg

Colby

I'm gonna try to grind King of Gods this weekend for Dublits, so I need all kinds of Goemon friends. Add me, please! I run maxed Horus, Lakshmi, Ur, and Valk if you need those, too.

384 134 290

coy

I'm gonna try to grind King of Gods this weekend for Dublits, so I need all kinds of Goemon friends. Add me, please! I run maxed Horus, Lakshmi, Ur, and Valk if you need those, too.

384 134 290

I added though my Goemon is only 40 atm. Also run Hera-Ur often.

Cause you can now drag the scroll bar to quickly move through menus. I consider this more important than Awakening because it's the only thing that makes me go "fuck I wish we were on 6.0 already" whenever I switch between apps. No more tapping the bottom or top of the screen to quick scroll!

I love this feature so much!!! I just wish I didn't fat-finger the scroll bar when I'm trying to just pick a monster.

Amon37

I probably shouldn't say this but please no more dub mythlit

edit: How do you kill Rainbow Keepers? even with 2 luci's he still has 300k hp left.

Kyu

Neo Member
I probably shouldn't say this but please no more dub mythlit

edit: How do you kill Rainbow Keepers? even with 2 luci's he still has 300k hp left.

There are several ways.

Gr. Odin/auto heal
2x Luci and gravity
9x healer team

Zero_IYAD

I've been reading about the Awakening system since we are getting it soon, I only have 1 question:
Lets take my Icedragon Depth Plesios, he has 3 awoken skills:
Enhanced HP
Enhanced ATK
Skill Boost

Now if I wanna Max his awakening I have to awaken him 3 times?
In other words, depending on the number of each monster's awakening skills you have to feed them Tamadras as much as the number of their awaken skills?
So to Max Plesios I have to feed him either 3 Tamadras or 3 Icedragon Depth Plesioses?

raiot

I've been reading about the Awakening system since we are getting it soon, I only have 1 question:
Lets take my Icedragon Depth Plesios, he has 3 awoken skills:
Enhanced HP
Enhanced ATK
Skill Boost

Now if I wanna Max his awakening I have to awaken him 3 times?
In other words, depending on the number of each monster's awakening skills you have to feed them Tamadras as much as the number of their awaken skills?
So to Max Plesios I have to feed him either 3 Tamadras or 3 Icedragon Depth Plesioses?

Yes thats right :)

Oh the stones. ECO collab for two weeks! Time to max skill Parvati.
Oh shit yes! But fuuuuuu ... need more box space! Gonna be hurting holding all those Eco mobs, evo mats, and awakening mobs. And wish I knew of it sooner, then I would have also saved some evo mats like all those extra Dragon Flowers. But this Eco dungeon has like 9 more monsters for me to skill-up. I'm already exhausted just thinking about it. Lol.

Speaking of skill-ups. After running the last couple of Ancient dungeons enough times to max-skill both my Water and Wood Whiskey Dragons, I never saw a single Kraken or Griffen. Those mofos are rare as hell.

Any suggestions on who I should pump RCV +egs into? I've already got Horus and Lucifer at full RCV, and Echidna is my current ATK/HP target, but I feel like someone else might benefit more from extra RCV than she would. Any ideas?

Edit: ECO collab! It looks like a lot of work, but I will at least max skill Parvati. I'll probably try to max Flare Drall too, but none of the other ones are a priority.

coy

Any suggestions on who I should pump RCV +egs into? I've already got Horus and Lucifer at full RCV, and Echidna is my current ATK/HP target, but I feel like someone else might benefit more from extra RCV than she would. Any ideas?

Edit: ECO collab! It looks like a lot of work, but I will at least max skill Parvati. I'll probably try to max Flare Drall too, but none of the other ones are a priority.

Unsure how much +eggs you have in your Parvati or how many teams you run with her, but she seems like a viable candidate. Even better now that she can be max skilled with ECO collab! Wish I had Loki and Parvati on here. The best I got is the Lakshmi I pulled in the last godfest and Yomi on the alt account which may not be so bad with her (and Ammy) getting bustied as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh shit yes! But fuuuuuu ... need more box space! Gonna be hurting holding all those Eco mobs, evo mats, and awakening mobs. And wish I knew of it sooner, then I would have also saved some evo mats like all those extra Dragon Flowers. But this Eco dungeon has like 9 more monsters for me to skill-up. I'm already exhausted just thinking about it. Lol.

Speaking of skill-ups. After running the last couple of Ancient dungeons enough times to max-skill both my Water and Wood Whiskey Dragons, I never saw a single Kraken or Griffen. Those mofos are rare as hell.

I got lucky with Kraken. I don't expect to ever see a rare mob again, haha.

linsivvi

So a 2/4/2 mono-blue team is pretty safe against Ancient Wood Dragon on all difficulties despite the weak element. Who would have thought?

Zero_IYAD

Yes thats right :)
Good to know..
So it all depends on how good the drop rate is for those Tamadras :S

Fully skilled Lakshmi at exactly 20% rate would need 100 blue keepers to evolve her penguins...
That's brutal =__=
At least the one that skills up Paravati requires easily farmable plants!

So a 2/4/2 mono-blue team is pretty safe against Ancient Wood Dragon on all difficulties despite the weak element. Who would have thought?
Gimme the details of your team, am still pushing tackling that dungeon till 13/October when we get the next x2
Master level is good enough as long as it drops.
Trying to make up a mono-red team with Ulti Freyr leader but the team's level is very low I doubt I can make it.
Finally got around to finishing the endless dungeon. Had this team prepared for ages, just never saw any Orochis anymore. Thanks Nicoga.
That's a crazy team!

linsivvi

Gimme the details of your team, am still pushing tackling that dungeon till 13/October when we get the next x2
Master level is good enough as long as it drops.
Trying to make up a mono-red team with Ulti Freyr leader but the team's level is very low I doubt I can make it.

Leader: Plesios
Subs: Blue Golem, Siegfried, Siren, Hera-Is
Friend: Hermes

None of the subs are essential. The only danger is Pyro Demon from floor 5 that can bind the whole team, so charge up before that and kill it quickly. After that it's smooth sailing since the last 2 stages don't pose a threat at all. It just takes some time but it helps with Hera-Is.

Zero_IYAD

Leader: Plesios
Subs: Blue Golem, Siegfried, Siren, Hera-Is
Friend: Hermes

None of the subs are essential. The only danger is Pyro Demon from floor 5 that can bind the whole team, so charge up before that and kill it quickly. After that it's smooth sailing since the last 2 stages don't pose a threat at all. It just takes some time but it helps with Hera-Is.
No Hera-Is sadly.
But I can evolve my Hermes once we get the Awakening update -since I wanna awaken him with my 2nd Hermes-.
Teaming up with a Hermes friend should shoot my HP high enough for Master difficulty.

Team members would be:
Plesios Lvl Max
Siren Lvl 77 Max Skilled
Siegfried Lvl 50 Max Skilled
Ice Guardian Lvl 44 Skill Lvl 2 -I can replace him with Hera or Hades if the Gravity is necessary-

What do you think?

Ugh. Ran whiskey dragon back to back and didn't get it to drop.

Wish I had a parv to skill when ECO dungeon rolls around. I'll just focus on flare drall, and toytops.

Is flare drall even worth bothering with? You need like 1 billion rubylits to get anywhere and I don't think he's core to the 9x attacker team like the new failio is to the 9x healer team and the new toytops is to the 9x balance team.

Is flare drall even worth bothering with? You need like 1 billion rubylits to get anywhere and I don't think he's core to the 9x attacker team like the new failio is to the 9x healer team and the new toytops is to the 9x balance team.

I've got a lot invested in my mono fire team and would like a heart maker on a 5 turn cool down.

Waiting for Shiva and the rest of his crew to get busties.

linsivvi

No Hera-Is sadly.
But I can evolve my Hermes once we get the Awakening update -since I wanna awaken him with my 2nd Hermes-.
Teaming up with a Hermes friend should shoot my HP high enough for Master difficulty.

Team members would be:
Plesios Lvl Max
Siren Lvl 77 Max Skilled
Siegfried Lvl 50 Max Skilled
Ice Guardian Lvl 44 Skill Lvl 2 -I can replace him with Hera or Hades if the Gravity is necessary-

What do you think?

Gravity is not necessary at all, it just makes the boss fight faster. If you're going for Master, you just need decent hp and attack. If chimera binds your leaders, you can use ice guardian to save you.

Argh. Was totally going to beat ancient wood dragon again on master...got to the end of the wood healer and forgot to heal health. Ugh! One tiny mistake in this game can cost you the whole thing.

Zero_IYAD

Gravity is not necessary at all, it just makes the boss fight faster. If you're going for Master, you just need decent hp and attack. If chimera binds your leaders, you can use ice guardian to save you.
Great, thanks : )

Am planning to run Light War Dragon on Master difficulty today once we get the x2
Since it requires all attributes, am going with:
Hades Drk/Lt (Leader)
Plesios
Echidna
Brachys
Machine Golem Mk.III
Lucifer (Friend)

Would this work?
Also I have a question, Lucifer's morning star does 300 K dark damage, does that mean it does 600 K on Light element monsters?

Please whoever has a Max Lucifer with as many +s please put him up once we get the x2 8 hours from now : )

One thing that gets old in this game is when you need that 1 enhance material to drop and it just refuses to drop for you.

I've spent 2 days now trying to get a 4th violet demon mask to get my Vampire Evo'ed. Yeah 2 straight days for 1 mask! I've taken out probably 30 them in that timeframe, atleast that many, and 0 drops. I make sure to target it first, and take it out without killing anything else if I can help it, so should have the highest possible chance to drop.

Getting slightly annoyed here lol.

pix

One thing that gets old in this game is when you need that 1 enhance material to drop and it just refuses to drop for you.

I've spent 2 days now trying to get a 4th violet demon mask to get my Vampire Evo'ed. Yeah 2 straight days for 1 mask! I've taken out probably 30 them in that timeframe, atleast that many, and 0 drops. I make sure to target it first, and take it out without killing anything else if I can help it, so should have the highest possible chance to drop.

Getting slightly annoyed here lol.

Drops are determined once you enter the dungeon, not during. =p

J0dy77

So I stopped playing on the JP side of PAD in favor of this recent release:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

https://itunes.apple.com/CA/app/id618349779

It takes a lot of the PAD concepts with card collecting, health refills and lvling up characters with a Marvel theme. I haven't hit any pay walls yet and the synergies and concepts between the characters has been pretty fun so far.

Drops are determined once you enter the dungeon, not during. =p

Correct, but the system knows when you need one material.I have a Valk needed to evolve for weeks. Hit the dub dungeon for a light dub nothing. All my stamina gone. Then every day since, been hitting Jupiter city and saw two out of 40 - tries no drop. Very frustrating, wishing there was an alternative addicting game to go when that bs happens.

Kreed

Looks like they changed Mechdragons such that all four difficulties are technical. This also means you'll get another stone for clearing it~

Damn it, I never got the stones for the Normal clearing since they haven't run Mech Dragons since I first started playing this game.

That is interesting they are changing the dungeons to technical though. Hopefully this becomes a trend, because it's always been a glaring oversight IMO that they continuously add new dungeons and new mechanics, but don't bother to update the old dungeons with these new game play styles (all the normal dungeons could use technical rules IMO).

Zero_IYAD

Hmmm asking again:
Lucifer's morning star does 300 K dark damage, does that mean it does 600 K on Light element monsters?

& people put up your Lucifers, not a single friend in my list has him up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom