• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Trying to decide which ultimate evos to do for my Neptune and Tiamat. No idea which would be better.

Ohh actually my Neptune isn't even in final form yet.

Someone was just telling me that if you use Shiva on Mask dungeon (and I assume this applies to Shrine of Sprites Expert), and you wipe the entire round on the same turn that you use Shiva, then the defense break carries forward. So as long as you have at least 4 monsters in your group that are the same color, if you can match that color every round you'll basically 1 shot every wave on the first round. You can bring an orb changer just to be safe. Basically trivializes the Wednesday dungeon.

the only catch is that if you don't kill every monster on the screen on the first turn, Shiva's defense thing will wear off.

Anyone can confirm?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Someone was just telling me that if you use Shiva on Mask dungeon (and I assume this applies to Shrine of Sprites Expert), and you wipe the entire round on the same turn that you use Shiva, then the defense break carries forward. So as long as you have at least 4 monsters in your group that are the same color, if you can match that color every round you'll basically 1 shot every wave on the first round. You can bring an orb changer just to be safe. Basically trivializes the Wednesday dungeon.

the only catch is that if you don't kill every monster on the screen on the first turn, Shiva's defense thing will wear off.

Anyone can confirm?

Yep

Match 5 also works even if you just have one stray member of a single color

Almost everyone does Sea Deity Abyss Neptune

Is there a reason for this? I ask because my Drawn Joker already halves Dark and Water damage--the same leader skill as Dark Neptune--while I'm not sure if there is anything that halves Light and Water besides the light version of Neptune (someone let me know if there is). I'd rather try to get all dual resists covered since he has the poison either way, and I have MORE than enough primary or secondary dark dual element monsters vs light. I also did my Leviathan as Water/Light because I planned on doing Neptune the same. Either way, guess it won't hurt to be different. I'm sure I'll end up pulling him again eventually anyway. =p I tend to put fire or wood with dark.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Anyone can confirm?

Yup - this is why Shiva is such a desired leader/sub for those dungeons. The effect does in fact carry through.

xCobalt

HP: 1171
ATK: 453
RCV: 200

I'll level him a bit more with metal dragons today to help you get closer. Won't be a problem. :) Max HP is 2146 so I think it can be pulled off.

I'll definitely return the favour in the future. I'm a bit under my target hp but it shouldn't be a problem. Gonna level my water mech a bit and it should be okay since they have pretty good hp growth.

Ran the Friday dungeon a second time and finally got a dark dublit to drop. Evolved my loki so I can probably form a pretty good Dark team.

bMn9iOZ.jpg

ToxicAdam

. So as long as you have at least 4 monsters in your group that are the same color,

Anyone can confirm?

You can do it with a bicolored team also.

blackflag

What does 1.5x dark attribute attacks for awhile mean?

It doesn't seem to do anything. When I use it. There will be a 1 turn dark icon that shows up on the screen but the damage doesn't seem to be much more if at all and it goes away after 1 turn....that's hardly "for a while"

Jinko

Will be running flame mech dragon non stop all weekend, gota a naga so far just need te boss now so I can concentrate on ice.

Edit: I'm feeling like I wana drop £30 on this and go on a gacha spree..

xelios

I'm getting like 1 drop out of each Friday dungeon. What the hell is going on? Is there ever a +% drop event for this?

xCobalt

What does 1.5x dark attribute attacks for awhile mean?

It doesn't seem to do anything. When I use it. There will be a 1 turn dark icon that shows up on the screen but the damage doesn't seem to be much more if at all and it goes away after 1 turn....that's hardly "for a while"

It definitely does work. After making a match with dark orbs, the numbers should enlarge and make a little sound indicating the effect occurred. It is a bit misleading when it says for awhile though

Will be running flame mech dragon non stop all weekend, gota a naga so far just need te boss now so I can concentrate on ice.

You are me both, I snagged a Naga out of my first run this morning, lost a + egg for Tyran before work as well due to bad planning. then a big fat nothing (seriously like three eggs all red knights) on my last run. Next run should give me a stamina refresh, so I might get two more in afterwards

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shiva effect carries through?!? WHERE ARE MY SHIVA FRIENDS

Does that mean have 5 guys with AOE bombs & shiva = easymode?

Uthred

Totally fucking up the elite lit dungeon, ran it five times, cleared it twice got smoked the reamining three times (used Shiva on the last one but couldnt build up the skill quick enough)

Edit: Decided to go with a rare pull, got Water Mech Warrior Asgard, not sure how useful it is but at least it looks badass

pazdra

ParityBit

Does the green dragon at the end of the green techno dungeon (last level) heal itself at the end? I have been working on this dude forever and his bar barely moves.

xelios

It would be cool if we could gift magic stones to people on our friend list.

ToxicAdam

You don't even need to match orbs with Shiva and the Wednesday/Friday dungeons. If you bring three dragons that all have breath attacks, you can clear stages 3/4/5 that way.

Owzers

Totally fucking up the elite lit dungeon, ran it five times, cleared it twice got smoked the reamining three times (used Shiva on the last one but couldnt build up the skill quick enough)

i've had more luck with resolve ogre or orochi + healer + lilith. Use lilith in whichever round between 1-3 that you have trouble with, rebuild her in the 4th round to use to clear the 5th, stockpile gems in the 1st and 3rd rounds to use on the 2nd and 4th round, if you have orochi it gives you even more breathing room in the 4th round to delay attacks.

That seems to work better for me so far than banking on my ability to not accidentally kill everything in the first round before i have shiva skill ready.

xelios

Doubt they let you.

People would just start new accounts. Get the 20 - 30 or so easy to get stone gift and then restart.

Well I meant by purchasing only with earned stones tied to your account, but yeah I know it's not a feature.

Also like someone else said, put up a different leader for others to use than the one we're using ourselves.

Shiva effect carries through?!? WHERE ARE MY SHIVA FRIENDS

Does that mean have 5 guys with AOE bombs & shiva = easymode?

Don't even need AoE bombs. 4-5 guys of the same color with 1-2 orb changers in case you get screwed = ezmode, apparently. AoE bombs work of course, if you have them.

Smiley90

Daaaaamn. Noone in my friendlist has their Shiva up though lol. But sweet, if I'd known that on Wednesday already...

I only have 1 orb changer, so I think what I'll fo is bring him&4 aoe bombs, charge up skills and store orbs. Then go into the later rounds with 2x5 orbs saved up, 4 bombs saved up and the orb changer ready (so at least another 1x5)

xelios

Lilith/Succubus and/or Naga/Echidna can save your butt too since Menace and Poison charge much faster than Shiva's ability, and can give you a second chance to get his skill charged up if you make a mistake.

Can you change the iOS clock on your device to fool the game?

I'm surprised someone didn't ask this earlier. (DId they?)

Smiley90

Anyone with a Shiva that'll be up wednesdays&fridays plz add me... 387537295... I usually have Hades or Moondragon D'Spinas up. Will have Alraune & fully evolved Siren up soon.

Edit: Decided to go with a rare pull, got Water Mech Warrior Asgard, not sure how useful it is but at least it looks badass

pazdra

I know that my green Wood Mech Warrior Asgard is amazing. He has nearly 3k HP at level 30, and in a Water dungeon his Leader skill does some truly ridiculous damage.

That dude looks way more badass than the Wood one though.

xelios

Man that makes me want to do more pulls. Hard to resist getting half a dozen titans!

Jinko

Does the green dragon at the end of the green techno dungeon (last level) heal itself at the end? I have been working on this dude forever and his bar barely moves.

That boss is pretty tedious, need armour break or counter attack from a asguard or it,ll take all day.

xelios

@Cobalt

Flare Drall:

Lv.55

HP: 1443
ATK: 542
RCV: 228

You'll have to PM me and/or send me in game messages with a time frame you want me to leave him up in case I'm not around then I can put him up early etc.

Jinko

How hard do dublits hit for, harder than masks?

Wondering if I can do it with my hp/defence team, don't really need then til next week though :s

xelios

uthred said:

Man that makes me want to do more pulls.

LOL

Hoooooly shit. I made a single pull and got it. What are the odds?

Oh wow these are evolutions of Golems? The more you know.

6 rare pulls:

Cupid (bleh, have an angel already)
Thanatos (not a bad addition to my dark team)
Shardran (omg the toys are adorable)
Mystic Stone Knight (the precursor to dragon knight, which I already have)
Dark Golem (waste of stones :-/ )
Salamander (right after evolving my salamander to an Ifrit)

So a couple decent to good pulls (Shardran, Thanatos), some meh (salamander and knight) and two complete wastes (golem and cupid).

Enough to keep me away from the rare gacha for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom