• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

ok does the one shot resolve mean that a single attack that would kill her above 50% (like what resolve blocks) or is it "on a turn where you will deal damage that will kill her from above 50%, regardless of the number of attackers, she will recover at 1 HP."

because one is ok, and another is total bullshit...

also I'm just going to guess that she is status shielded so no poison damage for that last 1 hp, and does she recover the full heal on the same turn as the 100% gravity? Because if she does the 100% gravity move first you could sub in a counterattack monster to deal with that last 1 hp, it would take a stone, but that may work... of course if full heal is before 100% gravity, on the same turn or otherwise than the counter does not work.
Gonna have to wait another day before the dungeon actually opens to see how it works, but the setup sounds like a counter to the traditional orb change->enhance->burst strats, so it's probably the latter.

She apparently also has passive 50% light/dark resist?

J0dy77

Funny thing is I started making up TPA teams after using you Beelzebub during Wednesday dungeon (used him today as well during a super metal dungeon). I did not realize how powerful TPA is. I like the play style of only having to match 4 orbs.

Once lu bu gets TPA...

Wow you already have hades, haku, and persephone

Do you have any videos of taking on descended dungeons?

I haven't done any videos but that team is capable of taking down a lot of content. I hardly run Persephone since she's still skill level 1. I run Vamp and Drawn Joker depending on the dungeon for the much shorter cooldown.

Finally beat Zeus-M with that team, all of the normal Hera dungeons, zeus, toth and sophdent, hera-b, satan, athena... the list goes on and on.

I've been thinking about making some videos to have as a resource for us here. Maybe I'll kick that around.

Maid

Banned
She apparently also has passive 50% light/dark resist?

Now that is not funny, when my main teams are either light or dark.

Still need to find another spot for my Dark TPA team, as I just realize Beelzebub won't work with Dark Valk as lead since he's devil. Dark Fagan is a pain in the ass to obtain.

tr4656

Now that is not funny, when my main teams are either light or dark.

Still need to find another spot for my Dark TPA team, as I just realize Beelzebub won't work with Dark Valk as lead since he's devil. Dark Fagan is a pain in the ass to obtain.

Dark Fagan might be your best bet though. It's (relatively) farmable compared to other leads.

So I'm just finding out that Luci can Morning Star on 1HP. That's a huge buff especially with the added 3 Hearts he makes. You can basically fire off both Lucis and use the 6 Hearts to fully heal after. No need to worry about already having Hearts on the board or using a third monster's active to heal between MSs.

Anyway, I don't know when this change was made and I'm sure it's already been covered here.

So I'm just finding out that Luci can Morning Star on 1HP. That's a huge buff especially with the added 3 Hearts he makes. You can basically fire off both Lucis and use the 6 Hearts to fully heal after. No need to worry about already having Hearts on the board or using a third monster's active to heal between MSs.

Anyway, I don't know when this change was made and I'm sure it's already been covered here.

I didn't know that, but apparently it got implemented when they changed Luci to create hearts after Morningstar.

J0dy77

I meant to post this yesterday and forgot. I discovered it accidentally while farming the Wednesday dungeon. Clicked his skill while at 1 HP expecting to get an error and it worked. I had to confirm I didn't make a heart match on the next run just top be sure.

This is a real nice change and makes Wednesday dungeon farming real easy. 30% gravity, 20% gravity, 20% gravity and dual morning star takes out the blue mask after you kill the green.

Maid

Banned

Now that's great. Is it Lucifer only, or will it work with all other monsters with reduced HP to 1 skill?

Dark Fagan might be your best bet though. It's (relatively) farmable compared to other leads.

I'm thinking about taking Kurone since with double Valk and Persephone I may need a heart maker. Will replace Awoken Hera when I could get my hand on Dark Fagan. Is Rebel Seraph Lucifer worth using?

Wait, I think I just broke my team comp again. Why did they have to change Hades from God to Devil, damn?

Tobe

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
HYPE, hope toki is not green. toki being a blue attacker/healer goddamit that shit would be amazing.

Jagernaut

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 1/31 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 2/1 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

Three Kingdoms Gods and Devils descend at the Godfest! Their fierceness on the battlefield is only matched by their versatility.

These two series also include their 6★ evolved forms--that means even more Gods have a chance to appear!

For this Godfest, Metatron is available at standard 1x Rates. Odin, Sonia, Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang, Kali, and the Norn Series are available at 3x Rates.

- Three Kingdoms Series -
1231 Cao Cao
1233 Sun Quan
1235 Liu Bei
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1239 Lu Bu

- Demons Series -
630 Belial
632 Amon
634 Astaroth
636 Baal
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate)
642 Dark Angel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate)
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
Timeline Photos · 23 minutes ago ·
View Full Size

Godfest starting soon. I want Lu Bu and DQXQ but don't need Archdemons.

Water Gala starts tomorrow.

I wasn't too excited about the godfest, so I yolo rolled, hoping for Muse. Didn't get him, but I did get Chester! No specific plans yet, but should be fun to mess around with.

Then I ran Fagan a couple times and went 1/2 on skillups. Overall a pretty lucky evening.

Very solid godfest for me. Will have to decide how much restraint to show with my 50 stones. Could really use Amon/Blodin to bolster my Blonia team. Wouldn't mind Lui Bei, Sun Quan, Cao Cao, FA Luci, or Belial either.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If I stop playing PaD for some reason in the future, you should know it's all because of the Friday Dungeon on Expert.

This shit is rigged, between last Friday and today I had a total number of 10 runs.. And always.. Yeah for all 10 runs I got the useless Dub Amelith drop on the final stage.

Why do I even bother...the leveling process already takes enough time but even getting the most basic evo materials are as time consuming.

Kyu

Neo Member
If I stop playing PaD for some reason in the future, you should know it's all because of the Friday Dungeon on Expert.

This shit is rigged, between last Friday and today I had a total number of 10 runs.. And always.. Yeah for all 10 runs I got the useless Dub Amelith drop on the final stage.

Why do I even bother...the leveling process already takes enough time but even getting the most basic evo materials are as time consuming.

If you are looking for dub myths you could try tower of jewel on 2x drop. I ran it for +eggs and got 4 in about 150 stamina.

Maid

Banned

Never run Friday dungeon. Go into this on x1.5 day and stockpiling the dub.

Even when I really need Dub-topalit (about 10 more of them), I wouldn't bother with Friday dungeon.

[edit]
So I rolled a Genie. Is she even good for anything?

J0dy77

Not a very appealing Godfest for me, but I'll pull once for DQXQ or one of the special gods.

I'm in the same boat, I'll give them one roll. I have most of the 3k gods but really want a lucifer.

Have to thank gungho for the last couple Godfests. Making it easy for me to save stones.

smbu2000

Pretty good character lineup for the HnK collab. Looking forward to the collab. Going to use all of my stones on it probably.

What are you trying to get? Dub myth? Dub top?

I usually get my dub myths by doing the twinlit dungeon as one usually falls (although I've gotten some baby tamadras my last few tries.)

Tops I usually get when I'm going for plus eggs in the technical dungeon on Mondays during an event. On my iPad i have over 10 of each and I haven't even been trying to collect them.

I just wish the mystic mask would fall more often when doing the Wednesday dungeon. Usually it's red evo mask that ends up dropping.

Jagernaut

I'm always short on dub topalits so I save them for evolution materials for monsters and feed Tamadra babies without evolving them. Thanks to Friday mythical and Starlight Sanctuary I have plenty of dub mythlits.

Jagernaut

Mine's up now. Still hate that dungeon. Good Luck.

Now that DTron has her ultimate I never lose with this 8 skill boost team.

Ultimate DTron
Hanzo max skilled
Haku max skilled
2 Liliths max skilled
Ultimate DTron

I use Hanzo the first turn and he is up again for the bosses. I poison floors 2 and 3. So easy.

You can also use a Ronia team with 8 skill boosts. Replace the extra Ronias with 2 skill boost mobs like FA Lucifer or Belial. There is some risk on floor 1 if you don't have enough fire or dark orbs.

Ronia
Ronia
Ronia
Echidna max skilled
Lilith max skilled
Ronia

ZeroAKA

You can also use a Ronia team with 8 skill boosts. Replace the extra Ronias with 2 skill boost mobs like FA Lucifer or Belial. There is some risk on floor 1 if you don't have enough fire or dark orbs.

Ronia
Ronia
Ronia
Echidna max skilled
Lilith max skilled
Ronia
That's the team I use, except with FA Luci in place of a Ronia. 5 fire or dark orbs on the first turn is usually enough to clear floor 1, so my success rate is at roughly 95%. The Thursday dungeon on the other hand...

Jagernaut

That's the team I use, except with FA Luci in place of a Ronia. 5 fire or dark orbs on the first turn is usually enough to clear floor 1, so my success rate is at roughly 95%. The Thursday dungeon on the other hand...

You can use Ronia for Thursday mythical as well. I used to use Ares/Shiva but switched to this Ronia team.

Ronia
Ronia
D/F Lucifer
Echidna
King Baddie
Ronia

8 skill boosts so you can use Echidna before the dragon fruit on stage 1 attacks if you need to. Save 5 red orbs to take out floor 2. Use Ronia on stage 3 and then stall on Tamadra if you need to. Nuke boss stage with Ronia + Lucifer + Baddie.

ZeroAKA

You can use Ronia for Thursday mythical as well. I used to use Ares/Shiva but switched to this Ronia team.

Ronia
Ronia
D/F Lucifer
Echidna
King Baddie
Ronia

8 skill boosts so you can use Echidna before the dragon fruit on stage 1 attacks if you need to. Save 5 red orbs to take out floor 2. Use Ronia on stage 3 and then stall on Tamadra if you need to. Nuke boss stage with Ronia + Lucifer + Baddie.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. My current team is Shiva/Ronia/Echidna/Belial/Lu Bu/Shiva, which is very susceptible to orb trolling.

Been checking out the initial cards from the PnZ card game that just launched in Japan. The artwork is pretty good, no clue about the actual game though. If they bring it over I'd definitely start blowing paychecks on it for the art alone... and because I have a weird craving to start collecting cards again for no reason.

linsivvi

Mine's up now. Still hate that dungeon. Good Luck.

Your devil team should be able to handle it rather easily. Maybe swap in Lilith.

Edit: Speaking of Mystic Masks I'll be running out of them very soon. Looks like I'll be running Ocean of Heaven all weekend.

hermit7

Will pass on the godfest aside from godfest exclusives the only two I don't have are belial and lubu. Would really like lubu but am not willing to roll just for him.

Working on levelling and the going to uevo beelzebub soon. Working on getting a couple dark orbs for kagutsuchi and hades.

J0dy77

Your devil team should be able to handle it rather easily. Maybe swap in Lilith.

Edit: Speaking of Mystic Masks I'll be running out of them very soon. Looks like I'll be running Ocean of Heaven all weekend.

I haven't tried to run it in while, haven't had a need but figured Beelzebub could do it. I just want a team that doesnt have to stall at all on round 1. When Yamato gets his ultimate I'll probably use him.

Jagernaut

The problem is bringing enough skill boosts to have poison or armor break up for floor 2. Otherwise you have to have enough attack to overcome the dublits defense. A double ultimate Yamato team could do it.

linsivvi

The problem is bringing enough skill boosts to have poison or armor break up for floor 2. Otherwise you have to have enough attack to overcome the dublits defense. A double ultimate Yamato team could do it.

Well with 30K+ hp you can actually survive a single attack on floor 2. So even if there are 2 dub-lits on 2 counters, as long as you can kill off one of them you have essentially 3 turns to charge poison. With that many 2-prongs I don't think it would be a problem.

I haven't tried to run it in while, haven't had a need but figured Beelzebub could do it. I just want a team that doesnt have to stall at all on round 1. When Yamato gets his ultimate I'll probably use him.

Yeah I haven't run it in a while either. Back when the dungeon was first introduced I spent like 10 free stones to get a bunch of them but they will run out soon.

cw_sasuke

Thanks for the tips guys, i will schedule my weekly farming routines around that. Friday Dungeon on Expert is a dungeon i wont be running anytime soon.

And as far as the Godfest is concerned, i think i will spend all my orbs for 3 pulls. I dont want/need any of the Devils ( already own Amon, Astaroth and Belial) but if i could get a 2nd Sun Quan, Liu Bei, Cao Cao or Lucifer that would be nice.

I would use the 2nd Sun Quan as a Leader for a Healer Team and Liu Beis upcoming Ult Evo with 3x TPA would just be ridiculous on a GZL team :eek:

Triple 2PA is probably worth the situational active. Especially when the upside of the active is pretty good (double orb change). Not sure about using 3 of him on a GZL team though :lol.

J0dy77

Best stone I've spent in a long time.

9B25LW9.png

Man do I find evolving skill mats annoying. This was such a great surprise. Saved me months of staring at unevolved wicked ladies in my box.

cw_sasuke

Persephone...i have 2 of her but cant really use her yet because im missing a good Dark/Devil lead.

that's too bad, the ls doesn't play nice with gzl. i have 3 lui bei, maybe make a athena team with them lol.

edit: nvm, dragon/attacker =(

Well you just have to adjust for his Heal Activity....3K Heal isnt that much either imo. I would love hime for my GZL team, especially since his Evo materials are not THAT crazy to get.

Now that DTron has her ultimate I never lose with this 8 skill boost team.

Ultimate DTron
Hanzo max skilled
Haku max skilled
2 Liliths max skilled
Ultimate DTron
Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Made your team and proceeded to stomp all over Skylits. Even without DTron's multiplier, the row boosts allow you to sweep floor 1. But even if you somehow don't sweep, you still have unbindable leaders to make it trivial. Best team I've seen yet for this dungeon.

I've been deprived of DTron for so long that I still need to remind myself to think of her when coming up with new teams. The only dungeon I've really used her in so far is King Carnival.

Top Bottom