• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake Wars beta test

Grayman

hope I can get into a beta or demo to see how it will run. I'm hoping it is abit more optimised than quake 4 or that megatexture actually raises performance.

bee

SaggyMonkey said:
They're beta testing their website. Don't be so gullible. If id had news, they'd say something right?

Thanks for the gullible comment, however that page said earlier "check back on monday"

All the links contain "WP-" which is just wordpress, looks like they're just relaunching a website and someone found some test links. I'd be willing to bet there's no game beta launching "on monday."

Grayman said:
hope I can get into a beta or demo to see how it will run. I'm hoping it is abit more optimised than quake 4 or that megatexture actually raises performance.

Same here. While Quake 4 ran pretty well for me I've no idea how my PC will handle this.

bee

maybe the beta test wont start on monday its not the end of the world though if it doesn't eh?certainly doesnt necessitate insults and sarcastic comments, i was just trying to inform people early if it did, think i'll refrain next time.

but the game launches in march '07 so 4 months away which i think is a reasonable time frame to start the beta tests , because supreme commander has been in beta testing for a while now and that launches around a similar time.

Splash Damage established themselves as great map designers in the first ET so I'm looking forward to what they can do with Quake Wars.

Top Bottom