• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break PC performance thread

2771302-quantum-breakt0sig.png

In the name of Quantum Break releasing on PC April 5th, welcome the performance thread.

Here are the ingame graphic options:

System requirements:

PC screenshots:

Latest drivers:
Nvidia: GeForce 364.96
AMD: Crimson 16.4.2

Benchmarks & Info
Eurogamer's analysis
OC3D PC performance review
Alexious' first impressions article over at WCCF Tech
PC Games Hardware test (German)

Title Update 2 patch notes:

Version: 1.7.0.0

NEW FEATURES
- Added additional graphics options
- Added Quit Button to Main Menu
- Alt+Enter now toggles full screen mode

IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress
- Fix for a rare bug that accidentally wiped progress after completing the game
- Fixed aspect ratio and full screen scaling for non 16:9 resolutions
- Fixed resolution selection when transitioning from windowed to fullscreen mode
- Fixed frame timing not matching the refresh rate
- General Performance Improvements
- Unlock descriptions for Will Diary 1 and Will Diary 2 are no longer reversed
- Fixed Jack’s subtitles not showing in some cinematics
- Fixed various keyboard input issues
- Fixed in-game TV screen images which were sometimes grainy
- Fixed circular progress bar alpha in the junction stats screen
- Fixed options menu items being clickable even if they're cropped
- Fixed 1 px gaps sometimes visible in the PC keyboard key callout backgrounds
- Fixed rendering issues in the menus
- Fixed video playback not always ending if the video was synced to audio
- Fixed issue in renderer when initializing participating media
- Fixed missing line in Portuguese audio in an Act 5 cinematic
- Act 2 Part 1: Fixed Nick pathing issues
- Act 2 Part 3: Added collision on time machine corridor to prevent player’s accidentally falling to their death
- Act 5: Fixed last subtitle going by too quickly to read

Beware, Nvidia's 364.72 (and 364 line in general) driver has serious stability issues so unless they put out a new one indicating big improvements in QB, stay on older drivers, the last known stable build is 362.00.

Jeramii

Banned
Have it ready to go on my Xbox just in case it's a shit port.

If all goes well on PC I'll be very happy. Going to be running on a Samsung 4K TV, GTX 970, and i5 2500K. I do not expect to run on anything above high. But we'll see. :p

These are the latest drivers for AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.4.1.aspx

Pretty much drivers just for Quantum Break.

Beware, Nvidia's 364.72 (and 364 line in general) driver has serious stability issues so unless they put out a new one indicating big improvements in QB, stay on older drivers, the last known stable build is 362.00.

Where am I, an alternate universe?

Zojirushi

Where am I, an alternate universe?

Tbh I feel like it's been like this for a while now. Can't remember the last time I had driver issues on AMD. Granted there aren't that many driver updates to begin with ;)

Other than that let's hope that one dude's impressions are a one off thing because if not prepare yourselves for one hell of a thread...

BluWacky

I'm not buying an Xbone to play this. I bought a PS4 to play Arkham Knight after THAT port, and barely have anything else for it yet...

While this is sacrilege to admit in a PC thread, if I can get it running at a performance comparable to the Xbox version I will be happy - I couldn't do that with Arkham Knight at all. My PC is not some top of the range ninja thing like everyone in PC threads seems to have these days, but it plays all sorts of modern games very nicely.

Fingers crossed...

I'm really enjoying my first playtrought on my Xbox One but after I finish that I will play it on my PC I wonder how the game will run on my 970/i7 4790k combo

masterkajo

Would a i5-2500k with 4gb ram and a gtx680 be enough or below minimum requirement? It seems below for me but I was wrong before.

Would a i5-2500k with 4gb ram and a gtx680 be enough or below minimum requirement? It seems below for me but I was wrong before.

The game requires 8GB RAM minimum, 4GB RAM won't cut it, period. In fact 4GB won't do anything good in any 2016 triple-A game. Your GPU *should* be fine for medium settings I assume, but the engine utilizes some of the most advanced rendering techniques to date so don't hold very high hopes up.

masterkajo

The game requires 8GB RAM minimum, 4GB RAM won't cut it, period. In fact 4GB won't do anything good in any 2016 triple-A game. Your GPU *should* be fine for medium settings I assume, but the engine utilizes some of the most advanced rendering techniques to date so don't hold very high hopes up.
Thanks. Had a HD 7850 until a week ago (lasted me quite long) but a friend gave me his old gtx680 for free until I will upgrade my whole pc once Pascal GPUs hit. But in the meantime this has to do. Besides I have never had a problem with my 4gb of ram before even though games "required" 8gb. Might be because I only run the game and have a very "clean" windows install without much Programms in the background to eat up ram. Either way, I might hold off and wait for more impressions.

You could probably dramatically increase your performance in a lot of modern games by simply adding another 4GB of RAM.
Yeah I know but as I said I'd rather hold out for a big upgrade instead of small upgrades that I will ditch in a couple of months.

Zojirushi

Yeah I know but as I said I'd rather hold out for a big upgrade instead of small upgrades that I will ditch in a couple of months.

That's cool. Just now that the RAM issue might have not been that visible so far because you already had to turn settings way down because of your 7850. On a 680 though you might get seriously bottlenecked by 4GB.

So in case Pascal might not do it for you, you could still turn your entire setup into a pretty capable machine with a little more RAM (20 bucks maybe?)

masterkajo

That's cool. Just now that the RAM issue might have not been that visible so far because you already had to turn settings way down because of your 7850. On a 680 though you might get seriously bottlenecked by 4GB.

So in case Pascal might not do it for you, you could still turn your entire setup into a pretty capable machine with a little more RAM (20 bucks maybe?)

OK, never thought about it this way. Thanks for the insight. I do have a question about this though: I own 4 ram slots and use 2x2GB rams in dual channel. Best would be to get two more 2GB rams I guess. But what about one. single 4GB ram? (I am asking since the same friend has this one also laying around) Would this also help?

The game probably requires some serious grunt. Its 720p on xbox with a 1.3tf setup. Low setting is apparently better than xbox settings and doing that at 1080p is pushing 4x the pixels.

Zojirushi

OK, never thought about it this way. Thanks for the insight. I do have a question about this though: I own 4 ram slots and use 2x2GB rams in dual channel. Best would be to get two more 2GB rams I guess. But what about one. single 4GB ram? (I am asking since the same friend has this one also laying around) Would this also help?

You might wanna ask this in the PC Hardware thread.

I'm pretty sure you can't just add one more 4GB to your 2x2 setup (I could be wrong though).

Could be your friends RAM might be better also so that could be worth checking out.

Alexious

Guys, this port is really bad. I have a 4K ready rig (i7 3770, 16GB RAM, 2X980Ti in SLI) but I had to RMA my 4K display, so for now I'm stuck with my old 1080P one.

Well, at FullHD and max settings the game just doesn't run well at all. With GSYNC enabled it was a slideshow; when I disabled GSYNC it had stuttering all over the place, not to mention blurry textures (probably a left over from the Xbox One version) everywhere.

This looks like another disappointment for Windows 10.

You might wanna ask this in the PC Hardware thread.

I'm pretty sure you can't just add one more 4GB to your 2x2 setup (I could be wrong though).

Could be your friends RAM might be better also so that could be worth checking out.

I had a 6GB setup with 4GB & 2GB card on each slots back then. It was fine, but I heard that it's much better if you have two identical cards so your PC can benefit from the dual-channel so I switched the 2GB card with a 4GB one later. Though as suggested, you might want to ask the experts over the PC building thread.

Chobel

Guys, this port is really bad. I have a 4K ready rig (i7 3770, 16GB RAM, 2X980Ti in SLI) but I had to RMA my 4K display, so for now I'm stuck with my old 1080P one.

Well, at FullHD and max settings the game just doesn't run well at all. With GSYNC enabled it was a slideshow; when I disabled GSYNC it had stuttering all over the place, not to mention blurry textures (probably a left over from the Xbox One version) everywhere.

Fuck!

Have you tried playing it at low settings?

Maybe disable SLI, because I watched a guy stream what looks like perfect 60fps gameplay at 1080p.

SLI and Gsync, two things that don't work with UWA, try disable both?

Zojirushi

SLI, Gsynch, aren't those things that are not supported by UWP yet anyway?

Sounds like a combination that is just asking for trouble in the state UWP is in at the moment.

GHG

Gold Member

Not looking good... If you disable sli how does it run?

Top Bottom